GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script lorings UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lorings UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: lorings UE Diary

Originally posted by loring View Post
    Capital One Visa Card

Hi All
    Change of direction on this one.
    Had two letters today, one from Fredrickson International stating they were no longer instructed in connection with this account and the second from Capital One confirming the account is no longer being managed by the Debt Collection Agency who were acting on behalf of Capital One.
    I guess I will just wait on the next move, Fredrickson/Carter as well as Capquest/HL Solicitors have returned the account to Capital One but I am sure someone else will pick it up for the new year.
    Thanks
    loring
    Nice one, keep us updated - lets hope they leave you in peace for a while eh?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy
      Thanks, but it is actually your template letters (modified to suit the circumstance) which do the trick. These Debt Collectors pretend to ignore the letters for a while and then throw in the towel when they realise their empty threats are not working.
      loring

Comment

Originally posted by loring View Post
        Hi Niddy
        Thanks, but it is actually your template letters (modified to suit the circumstance) which do the trick.
        That's why they're our best defence in all honesty
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Success over RBS/MINT
          This post is to share good the news of my success against MINT and to encourage forum users to read, understand and make use of all the information contained in this forum and in other resources elsewhere on the internet, relating to debt and how to handle creditors and regulators.
          Basically I took a credit card with Mint in 1997 and unfortunately due to health and employment issues I defaulted on the card in 2005. I paid nominal amounts to the account till summer 2010 but was continually pestered on the phone by MINT to increase my monthly payments. Thanks to this site I was discovered the account was unenforceable. I attempted to reclaim unfair bank charges and reclaim PPI payments for a mis sold policy. On my application form submitted to MINT I ticked the box which said PPI not required. However my monthly statements showed amounts being debited for insurance, when I queried this I was told MINT would never open a credit card account without insurance being taken out and so it must be paid each month. They would never send any account statements which showed the amount of PPI debited so I decided to stop all payments to them from summer 2010.
          In March 2011 I received an alert from Equifax to tell me there was a change to my credit file, when I checked I discovered that MINT had removed all data for my account from the credit file including the default which was due to come off anyhow in 3 months time. The same day as they done this MINT registered a new account on my credit file with the same account number but with no default or negative information. In May 2011 I received a new default from MINT for this new account and about a month later they registered the default with the credit reference agencies.

I requested MINT to explain what they were doing and they told me the default in 2005 should not have been registered with the credit agencies as they had never sent me a default notice in 2005 and they had now issued me a default notice so they could now register it on my credit file. The 2005 default had been registered in error and they now wished to correct. Jokers! registered

I complained to the FOS that under the FSA Conduct of Business Sourcebook (COBS)which is legally binding on all firms which are regulated by the FSA, I had been I had been treated unfairly by MINT under principles 6,7 and 8 of the sourcebook. I sent copies of both default notices to the FOS along with copies of MINT letters claiming two full investigations had been carried out by senior representatives of MINT and they could assure me no default was ever issued to me in 2005. Luckily I had the original they sent me. I must say I never told them I had the default , I just let them hang themselves.
          Within 4 weeks of submitting my complaint to the FOS Mint had agreed to offered to clear the entire balance on the card and remove all negative data from my credit file by way of compensation for not treating me fairly.

It has been a bit of a battle since then as MINT actually tried to backtrack a little by not clearing all the balance on the card, adding more interest to what they left and issuing a notice of default for this new debt. Instead of writing to me to say they would be removing all negative data from my credit file they wrote to say they would be "altering my credit file". I have had to get the FOS to sort them out and I am now waiting to see credit file with the data removed.
          I have written to MINT around 40 times since summer 2010 , usually one every two weeks without fail. I must also add I would never have done it without the help of this site, I am a big fan of Niddy's template letters, they are straight to the point and don't miss the target.

I am currently dealing with my other creditor along somewhat similar lines and will post when I receive any sort of response, this one seems to be slow moving.
          loring

Comment

Well done for standing up to them loring
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
            X