GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script lorings UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lorings UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: lorings UE Diary

Yes that is a dodgy practice as Garlok has said. I'll remember that tactic.

I hope the ICO gives them a good Spanking!!

Comment

Originally posted by oldyboy View Post
      I hope the ICO gives them a good Spanking!!
      Impossible, the ICO have no powers - I mean they have NO powers whatsoever - kinda a waste of time to be frank, however that's the process, but really threats to the CRA usually solve this error as they are the data processors ie they're responsible for the accurate reporting of YOUR personal data.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy
        The drop off date for the original drop off date was 14/08/2011, that is well past. I submitted a complaint to the ICO on 6th October 2011. I also spoke to Equifax and they have said that it the creditor who puts the information on the credit file and only the creditor can remove it. I also sent Equifax a copy of my complaint to the ICO.

Comment

Originally posted by loring View Post
          Hi Niddy
          The drop off date for the original drop off date was 14/08/2011, that is well past. I submitted a complaint to the ICO on 6th October 2011. I also spoke to Equifax and they have said that it the creditor who puts the information on the credit file and only the creditor can remove it. I also sent Equifax a copy of my complaint to the ICO.
          Right ok send this to the companies with a copy of the letter below --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...52&postcount=4

send this to the CRA's - they'll then sort it for you: ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...53&postcount=5
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy
            Thanks Niddy I will get copies of that letter off and see what happens.

Comment

Hi Niddy
              Thanks Niddy I will get copies of that letter off and see what happens.
              what'll happen is the CRA will remove the duplicate unlawful entries and if not come back here and i'll get more involved........

Comment

Hi Niddy
                I know this is confusing and Mint have made it so.
                The problem now appears to be the CRA consider this to be a new account which has never been defaulted previously. The old account which showed the original default was deleted and it is now up to Mint to decide if they want to remove the new account. Obviously Mint do not wish to do so.

Comment

Hi Niddy
                  I know this is confusing and Mint have made it so.
                  The problem now appears to be the CRA consider this to be a new account which has never been defaulted previously. The old account which showed the original default was deleted and it is now up to Mint to decide if they want to remove the new account. Obviously Mint do not wish to do so.
                  No mate, forget what the DCA say - you have proof it is the same account so demand they substantiate their claim to the contrary - you argue with the CRA's as they are the data processor here and they are liable....

Comment

Capital One Visa Card
                    Hi Niddy
                    Got a letter yesterday from Fredrickson International who are trying to collect on my unenforceable Capital One Visa Card Debt. The application form Capital One supplied was from 1998, you had a look at it and said unenforceable so I sent them the letter you suggested.That was around last February. Fredrickson and B Carter have been writing to me over the past month trying to get me to send the money to them. I have told them the debt is in dispute with Capital One and I do not know why they think they are entitled to collect anything from me, I have no knowledge of Fredrickson or Carter, and Capital One have never told me it has been assigned to anyone for collection.
                    Their letter states:
                    " Despite a recent letter from B Carter Solicitors you have failed to discharge your debt to our Client Capital One Europe plc. We are prepared to offer you one final opportunity to pay before recommending to our client that they instruct solicitors to issue a claim at (my address is added here.
                    At this late stage and as a gesture of goodwill we are prepared to accept a full and final settlement on this account provided you contact us on 0845 3136618 within 48 hours of receipt of this letter. Payment can be made by debit or visa card."
                    Should I answer the letter and what more can I say to them or should I ignore it and wait and see what they do next. Appreciate your advice.
                    Loring

Comment

Capital One Visa Card
                      Hi Niddy
                      Got a letter yesterday from Fredrickson International who are trying to collect on my unenforceable Capital One Visa Card Debt. The application form Capital One supplied was from 1998, you had a look at it and said unenforceable so I sent them the letter you suggested.That was around last February. Fredrickson and B Carter have been writing to me over the past month trying to get me to send the money to them. I have told them the debt is in dispute with Capital One and I do not know why they think they are entitled to collect anything from me, I have no knowledge of Fredrickson or Carter, and Capital One have never told me it has been assigned to anyone for collection.
                      Their letter states:
                      " Despite a recent letter from B Carter Solicitors you have failed to discharge your debt to our Client Capital One Europe plc. We are prepared to offer you one final opportunity to pay before recommending to our client that they instruct solicitors to issue a claim at (my address is added here.
                      At this late stage and as a gesture of goodwill we are prepared to accept a full and final settlement on this account provided you contact us on 0845 3136618 within 48 hours of receipt of this letter. Payment can be made by debit or visa card."
                      Should I answer the letter and what more can I say to them or should I ignore it and wait and see what they do next. Appreciate your advice.
                      Loring
                      Send them this ... > Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi
                        The letter referred to in the previous post was sent to Fredrickson in July 2011 as advised by Niddy. Why do you believe
                        I need to send the same letter again.
                        loring

Comment

Hi
                          The letter referred to in the previous post was sent to Fredrickson in July 2011 as advised by Niddy. Why do you believe
                          I need to send the same letter again.
                          loring
                          you sent it to feds in July ...this time send it to B Carter.....
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi in 2 deep
                            Sent that letter to B Carter on 21st October 2011.
                            I am not sure what I need to send next. Maybe I should just ignore the latest Fredrickson letter as there is not much more I can add.
                            loring

Comment

Have you sent this to Bryan Carter?

Unenforceability Templates - Section 5

Comment

Capital One Visa Card

Hi All
                                Change of direction on this one.
                                Had two letters today, one from Fredrickson International stating they were no longer instructed in connection with this account and the second from Capital One confirming the account is no longer being managed by the Debt Collection Agency who were acting on behalf of Capital One.
                                I guess I will just wait on the next move, Fredrickson/Carter as well as Capquest/HL Solicitors have returned the account to Capital One but I am sure someone else will pick it up for the new year.
                                Thanks
                                loring

Comment

Working...
                                X