GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script lorings UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lorings UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loring
    replied
    Re: lorings UE Diary

Hi Niddy
    Thanks Niddy I will get copies of that letter off and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by loring View Post
    Hi Niddy
    The drop off date for the original drop off date was 14/08/2011, that is well past. I submitted a complaint to the ICO on 6th October 2011. I also spoke to Equifax and they have said that it the creditor who puts the information on the credit file and only the creditor can remove it. I also sent Equifax a copy of my complaint to the ICO.
    Right ok send this to the companies with a copy of the letter below --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...52&postcount=4

send this to the CRA's - they'll then sort it for you: ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...53&postcount=5

Leave a comment:

• loring
    replied

Hi Niddy
    The drop off date for the original drop off date was 14/08/2011, that is well past. I submitted a complaint to the ICO on 6th October 2011. I also spoke to Equifax and they have said that it the creditor who puts the information on the credit file and only the creditor can remove it. I also sent Equifax a copy of my complaint to the ICO.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by oldyboy View Post
    I hope the ICO gives them a good Spanking!!
    Impossible, the ICO have no powers - I mean they have NO powers whatsoever - kinda a waste of time to be frank, however that's the process, but really threats to the CRA usually solve this error as they are the data processors ie they're responsible for the accurate reporting of YOUR personal data.

Leave a comment:

• oldyboy
    replied

Yes that is a dodgy practice as Garlok has said. I'll remember that tactic.

I hope the ICO gives them a good Spanking!!

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Hiya

This is a simple breach of s.87 and easy to rectify, you can send a letter to the CRA's demanding removal of the duplicate entry or you can contact them that added the default again.

I'd wait until after the automatic drop-off date before raising any queries though, just to be safe...... it's not the end of the world right now, and easy to fix.... Just send a copy of the old report that shows the old default date then attacha copy of the new report - they cannot add duplicate defaults for the same dabt. One default per lifecycle of debt

Niddy :niddy

Leave a comment:

• loring
    replied

Hi
    The account was originally defaulted in 2005 and registered with the credit reference agencies, RBS/Mint cancelled the account from my credit file in March 2011 but on the very same day they re registered it as a new account with no default nor was it marked as a "delinquent" account. Then in May 2011 they issued me a new default notice and in July 2011 they marked the account as "delinquent". The matter has been reported to the ICO but they are so busy they have not been able to look at my complaint yet.

Leave a comment:

• oldyboy
    replied

If you check your credit file take a look at the original default date. If that is still marked as 2005 then I don't think you really have a problem, as it should still fall off on time.

If they've updated that, however, then I suggest you get on to the ICO as BBoo has posted.

One of my creditors has continuously marked my CF with defaulted/ delinquent payments every month since defaulting me a few years ago. The original date has stayed the same.

Leave a comment:

• garlok
    replied

I don't think they can do that. Its very dodgy practice indeed.

Garlok

Leave a comment:

• BBoo
    replied

Delinquent is marked when payments are repeatedly missed for an extended period of time.

Their argument sounds pretty flawed on the face of it. My understanding is that whatever the purpose, an account cannot be defaulted twice. I'd report them to the ICO.

Leave a comment:

• loring
    replied

RBS/ Mint visa card account.

I have received a letter from MINT which admits they should not have used monies to credit the account which were sent for the supply of copy documents.
    The letter also states the original default issued in 2005 was not served on the account properly so they removed it in March 2011 and issued a new default notice in July 2011 to run for another 6 years. They have said the default is for in house purposes and is not shown on my credit file but I have seen they have marked the account as "delinquent" in July 2011. Is this not the same as saying it is in default. I have sent a copy of the letter to Niddy for his opinion on its content.

Leave a comment:

• loring
    replied

Capital One / carter letter.

I have sent a letter to carter which is basically a copy of a Niddy template with a few things added. He has not responded yet but I am sure he will keep trying.
    loring

Leave a comment:

• loring
    replied

Hi evenless...
    No Fredrickson last wrote to me in June 2011 to say the account was being placed on hold for 28 days. That was after I sent them a letter suggested by Niddy. Prior to that Capquest and HL Collections were doing the chasing and they gave up after about 18 months..
    Anything I have read about Carter is negative and he uses underhand methods, so I want to stop Carter in his tracks from day one. I have no wish to send him nice polite letters and I was looking for help in locating the basis of a stern abrupt letter.
    thanks
    loring

Leave a comment:

• MrsD
    replied

Hi Loring

is this the first contact from Fred's? (Cap One Visa)

Leave a comment:

• loring
    replied

Mint Visa Card

Hi BBoo
    When I said written to the ICO, I meant I had issued a complaint and supplied the back up documentation. I sent Mint a copy of the complaint without attachments. Over the next couple of days I will look out addresses for the credit reference agencies and copy the ICO complaint to them and request they should remove the default.
    loring

Leave a comment:

Working...
X