GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script inneedofhelp UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

inneedofhelp UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: inneedofhelp UE Diary

Well, surprise surprise!
    Letter from Barclaycard saying they can't fulfil the CCA request, and the account is currently unenforcable.
    Looks like poor old Howard Cohen have come a little unstuck.

I am thinking for safety that it might be wise to send a copy of that letter to Howard Cohen.

A likkle drinky might be on order this evening

Comment

Originally posted by inneedofhelp View Post
      Well, surprise surprise!
      Letter from Barclaycard saying they can't fulfil the CCA request, and the account is currently unenforcable.
      Looks like poor old Howard Cohen have come a little unstuck.

I am thinking for safety that it might be wise to send a copy of that letter to Howard Cohen.

A likkle drinky might be on order this evening
      They are very nice letters to receive, well done, I had one from Halifax Visa card some 5 years ago and to date it's repelled all those who have come gunning for me....

Comment

If it were me I would tell HC anything make um stew, keep that letter very very safe xxxxx goodox
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
          They are very nice letters to receive, well done, I had one from Halifax Visa card some 5 years ago and to date it's repelled all those who have come gunning for me....
          Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
          If it were me I would tell HC anything make um stew, keep that letter very very safe xxxxx goodox
          Thanks both.

That letter is going in a very safe place, but not so safe that I forget where it is

Thank goodness Barclaycard are inept.

Will leave Howard Cohen to stew as suggested...

Maybe I should change username to inneedofslightlylesshelpnowthat'sanotheroneunenfor ceable

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
            Interestingly, wifey (who is also on here) had a similar letter for an account of hers, but that didn't stop a rather stupid DCA issuing Court proceedings. Needless to say they ended up withdrawing at the last minute. But they will have wasted their money on court fees. Bampots, as Mrs D would say.

Comment

Posted 31st March 2016:

Today have received out of the blue a letter from Howard Cohen, Notice of Pending Legal Action giving 10 days' notice. It's dated more than 10 days ago but the envelope has no postmark. Will send the LBA letter first class recorded tomorrow.
              Who owns this debt?

Is it Barclaycard (I doubt it) or has it been sold to MKDP and then assigned to Hoist Portfolio who use Robinson Way as their agent (DCA) who in turn instruct Howard Cohen to issue legal proceedings?

Did you send your LBA response letter to HC (it looks as if you did)?

If so why did you get a letter from Barclaycard today in response to your CCA request which you sent to them in 2011?

Posted today:

letter from Barclaycard saying they can't fulfil the CCA request, and the account is currently unenforcable.
              Just checking I've understood the situation properly.

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                Posted 31st March 2016:

Who owns this debt?

Is it Barclaycard (I doubt it) or has it been sold to MKDP and then assigned to Hoist Portfolio who use Robinson Way as their agent (DCA) who in turn instruct Howard Cohen to issue legal proceedings?

Did you send your LBA response letter to HC (it looks as if you did)?

If so why did you get a letter from Barclaycard today in response to your CCA request which you sent to them in 2011?

Posted today:

Just checking I've understood the situation properly.

Plan B x

Yep Plan B you've understood it perfectly.

Barclaycard sold it on.

I originally sent a CCA request to BC back in 2010, to which they did not respond further than an acknowledgement.. no paperwork ever turned up.

When I sent the LBA in response to the threat of litigation, Howard Cohen wrote back saying they were referring to BC for the Agreement... next thing is I received this letter from Barclaycard saying they can't provide the agreement. They have worded it as if responding to a CCA request so I guess it's their standard letter responding to a CCA request where they don't have paperwork. Shame they didn't send it to me a few years ago!!

Comment

When I sent the LBA in response to the threat of litigation, Howard Cohen wrote back saying they were referring to BC for the Agreement... next thing is I received this letter from Barclaycard saying they can't provide the agreement. They have worded it as if responding to a CCA request
                  This is all good news.

I was trying to establish whether Howard Cohen would know that the account is currently in default of a s.78 CCA request.

Since the Barclaycard letter sent direct to you was clearly inspired by your LBA Response letter to HC (who approached them for the credit agreement) it seems they (HC) will now know, albeit too pigheaded to write and tell you the debt's unenforceable.

You can safely close the file but don't throw it away.

Nice One

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                    This is all good news.

I was trying to establish whether Howard Cohen would know that the account is currently in default of a s.78 CCA request.

Since the Barclaycard letter sent direct to you was clearly inspired by your LBA Response letter to HC (who approached them for the credit agreement) it seems they (HC) will now know, albeit too pigheaded to write and tell you the debt's unenforceable.

You can safely close the file but don't throw it away.

Nice One

Plan B x
                    Nice one indeed!

HC should know as they were sent Account Sold as soon as they wrote to me.

Yes, that letter is going in a very safe place indeed.

Thank you!

Comment

• Re: inneedofhelp UE Diary

Excellent x
                      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Cabot have clearly taken over NW as they have now written enclosing Agreement. This has not been paid since 2009 so is SB, and we think the terms were dodgy anyway and UE. Ignoring.

Comment

Working...
                        X