GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA received - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody have an opinion on whether this is a deliberate ploy on Cabot's part to restart the SB clock, or less conspiratorially a case of them sending the closest stock letter they have to what they want to say?

Comment

It’ll be to attempt to defraud the system (again). Ignore and file.

Comment

In the past I used to go to the various DCA's websites and then BLOCK any phone number they advertise!

Comment

Just had a guy from orbit knocking on my door just told him to leave he then gave me a letter I thought they were supposed to tell me when they are coming not just turn up unannounced

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew10 View Post
            Just had a guy from orbit knocking on my door just told him to leave he then gave me a letter I thought they were supposed to tell me when they are coming not just turn up unannounced
            Post #6 - "1/09/22 letter received telling me a company called ORBIT will coming to visit my home to help me get in touch with Cabot"

I don't believe they, in practise, give dates when someone will call.
            Last edited by Still Waving; 31 October 2022, 16:43.

Comment

Ok thanks I just assumed they did for some reason never mind been and gone now

Comment

I think, As others have said, The main point is don't speak to them on the phone or if they ever do turn up in person which generally is not that often if at all

Keep everything in writing, using the template letters from AAD and post up on your diary as and when they write if you are not sure or in the early days as it were. You will not go far wrong

The biggest thing with AAD is giving the power back to you, Where you can be better informed and not worry about the various tactics of the debt Collection agencies because knowledge conquers fear. Let them run round feeling all important and official, The reality is often times very different. They don't bank on you being clued up to their tactics, They like the people who they think they can scare into paying

Sounds like your doing great
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit if needed send and get free proof posting and keep copy on file, update any diary.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If I send them the harassment letter does that affect SB

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew10 View Post
                      If I send them the harassment letter does that affect SB
                      As you've already had a visit, I wouldn't bother at this point, they are unlikely to call at your address again.

Comment

I’m getting about 2 texts and phone calls which they leave voicemails every week and sometimes twice a week for the last couple of months I do ignore them but isn’t this harassment from them

Comment

they are allowed to make contact you if alledged debt owed weekly or twice is not bad as I use to get daily bombarded years ago, ( funny I had some of the lads around years ago reunion _ I stated hold on please and knowing they could hear what I was saying stated" Lads who have we got around such an area as I have an ignorant berk here needs seeing to? 3-4 was the answer! the phone went dead = never heard another thing from them.

Comment

Can you not block any numbers which they use to contact you?

Comment

As TC says twice a week is not bad. The harassment court case was several times a day. I have had calls several times a day, even calls after I said in writing only - that firm has gone bust, maybe because of the £100 they said I owed??

Comment

I’ve received another letter today telling me orbit will be calling to my address to reconnect that’s not much time between the last time they called

Comment

Working...
                                X