GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA received - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew10 View Post
    I’ve received a letter from Cabot today saying we will not be taking legal action at this time due to my circumstances
    Circumstances ?

Comment

That’s what I don’t understand they put that on the letter but don’t explain what circumstances I’ve not had contact with them for over a year I’ve got two other accounts with them but they are unenforceable at the moment

Comment

file in safe place if needed later.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have received a letter from Cabot today telling me that a company called orbit will be calling to my house to help me reconnect with Cabot anyone here’d of this company

Comment

No powers if on foot close the for telephone call in writing only or put phone down.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If I use one of the templates off here for harassment will that restart the sb clock?

Comment

If I use one of the templates off here for harassment will that restart the sb clock?
                I wouldn't send it just on account of Orbit.

Comment

Patience sit on hands for now do not bite their threatograms 4th drawer down
                  Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 3 September 2022, 09:26.

Comment

The person from Orbit is no more than your local nosey neighbour, so what you do to them, ignore, ask them to leave off your property they have no rights. Probably paid on a commission for a visit.

soecifically which Cabot owns the debt, to whom has it been assigned? Should have this info in the Sar.

Comment

Yeah I will tell them to sod off i suppose they are just trying to shame you hoping that you contact them ,It’s was sold to marlin Europe v limited

Comment

Yeah I will tell them to sod off i suppose they are just trying to shame you hoping that you contact them ,It’s was sold to marlin Europe v limited
                        Yes that's exactly what they are doimg, trying to scare people that don't understand that they aren't bailiffs. They have no more rights than a double glazing salesman, you are not obliged to even answer the door.

Comment

They are only trying to make a living, but you still tell them to shut the gate on their way out, they get paid job done.

Comment

I answered the phone by accident to Cabot last week only because it was an completely different number so I said I don’t speak over the phone only in writing without giving them my information but they sent me a letter today saying thank you for requesting my balance in writing but i never,will this effect my SB clock

Comment

I answered the phone by accident to Cabot last week only because it was an completely different number so I said I don’t speak over the phone only in writing without giving them my information but they sent me a letter today saying thank you for requesting my balance in writing but i never,will this effect my SB clock
                              If they haven't got a letter or email or recorded conversation where you did, then no. Don't be tempted to contact them now. Just file the letter, perhaps noting on it, for future reference, that you didn't.

Comment

There should be record of their phone number and time and date when they phoned!
                                Make certain you have that record written down and its time and date! ( BT for instance record phone number time and date! )
                                As Still Waving says Note this on their letter! With your response ".. I said I don’t speak over the phone only in writing without giving them my information .."

Now as you never gave them your information HOW can they prove that they spoke to you?

Comment

Working...
                                X