GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA received - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA received

Hi everyone I’m looking for some help please and not sure how to start I’ve just received my cca agreement from Cabot and not sure what to do next

Send copy not redacted to webmaster@all-aboutdebt.co.uk. Quote thread
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Start a diary
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank will do that now

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
          Start a diary
          A vital first step if you hope to get any meaningful advice from the forum. You joined last year, so have presumably seen the format.

Comment

Type of account - hsbc credit card
            Date commenced -2007
            Approx balance -2000
            Date last paid -oct 21
            Are you on arrangement or not paying -not paying
            Account owner -Cabot
            defaulted in 2011 and was paying monthly until October 21

History

30/05/22 cca received from Cabot sent to niddy it’s enforceable
            31/05/22 letter from Cabot asking me set up my own plan
            16/06/2022 letter received legal action in one month
            29/06/22 letter received today telling me I have 22 days to avoid legal action and also a threat of court fees and legal costs will be added
            16/7/22 letter received saying account will be placed with solicitors in 7 days
            28/07/22 letter received saying we will not be taking legal action at this time but balance still due please contact us
            1/09/22 letter received telling me a company called ORBIT will coming to visit my home to help me get in touch with Cabot
            31/10/22 orbit knocked and left letter
            25/04/23 letter from Cabot telling orbit will be visiting my home
            4/05/23 letter posted through door from orbit
            Last edited by Andrew10; 4 May 2023, 13:46.

Comment

seems his box returns to sender? so wait a while?

Comment

Ok will wait thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew10 View Post
                  Type of account - hsbc credit card
                  Date commenced -2007
                  Approx balance -2000
                  Date last paid -oct 21
                  Are you on arrangement or not paying -not paying
                  Account owner -Cabot
                  defaulted in 2011 and was paying monthly until October 21
                  Thanks. What are you hearing from Cabot since last October? When did Cabot take over the debt btw?

Comment

Hi they took over the debt in 2014 but I’ve been paying them for 10yrs then sent a cca off last year they sent back unenforceable letter only had the odd phone call until they sent this today
                    Last edited by Andrew10; 31 May 2022, 06:53.

Comment

keep that letter safe

Comment

Yes I will do all though it feels useless now

Comment

sudden out of the blue. keep it safe, the CCA they sent proably suspect as a last attempt to unsettle you???

Colin G Quinn may have some comment?
                          Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 31 May 2022, 08:24.

Comment

Email is fine. Maybe it's too large so they'd need to shrink it. just send CCA (normal)

Comment

My CCA is enforceable so will wait and see what Cabot do now the phone calls have started quite frequently as well but still ignoring them

Comment

Working...
                              X