GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Stevo62 My Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stevo62 My Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stevo62 View Post

Hi again Di
    its just a single page threatogram, it goes on to say - tell us about your incomings and outgoings and anything else that will affect how much you can pay and when.
    We'll set a regular amount for you to pay or you can suggest a schedule that suits you.

Maybe they're fishing to see if it's worth taking you to court. Or am I just being cynical (again)

Don't fill in the I&E.

Just file and ignore.

Let me know what the next letter says.

Di

Comment

On the 12/11/20 we received a letter from HM Courts acknowledging our defence, a copy of the defence has also been sent to PRA
      and they have 28 days to respond, should we expect a response from PRA or the court in the
      next few days or is hearing nothing usual and a better outcome?

It's been over two months since the court sent PRA your wife's Defence - have you heard anything from either of them?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

It's been over two months since the court sent PRA your wife's Defence - have you heard anything from either of them?

Di
        Morning Di, nothing at all, I have logged in to MCOL but nothing there either.

Comment

Morning Di, nothing at all, I have logged in to MCOL but nothing there either.

Morning Steve

That suggests the claim has been stayed (a pause button on the legal proceedings) if PRA didn't actively inform MCOL that they intended to continue with their claim.

You need to do nothing right now. This is your High Noon moment.

(Unless you've been sent a Directions Questionnaire by MCOL which is stuck in the post backlog so keep an eye on the situation.)

Di

Comment

Debt 4 Account Moorcroft Debt Recovery
            Personal loan originally with Sainsburys, has been sold on three or four times since, I believe Intrum Finance Ltd to be the current owner of the debt
            Commencement date 2009
            Approx balance £9100
            Last payment June 10th 2020

CCA request sent 3rd of April, letter received from Moorcroft 15/04/20 acknowledging CCA request and will forward paperwork when they have it,
            still nothing to date.

04/09/20 Letter received from Moorcroft
            Our records show that we have not received the payment of £... due under your agreed arrangement with the result that you are in arrears for the sum of £..., if you have sent your payment in the last few days and this letter has crossed over then you do not need to take any action.

If you are currently unable to make payment please could you contact us so that we can discuss your current circumstances and make sure that your account continues to be treated correctly. (Filed)

08/09/20 Letter received from Moorcroft - please find enclosed a copy of your agreement, just a single page, will send to Niddy

02/10/20 Letter received from Moorcroft
            PLEASE CONTACT US TO DISCUSS YOUR ACCOUNT
            We cannot trace having received a recent payment, we are aware that these can be difficult times and it is important we work together.

Contact us now and we would be happy to discuss a repayment programme that you can afford and maintain. In certain circumstances we may also be able to offer a substantial discount from the outstanding balance. (Filed)

The agreement has been reviewed and appears to be UE

17/10/20 Letter received from Moorcroft
            Monthly instalment offer
            As we have not received any communication from you with regards to your outstanding account, we are concerned that your financial position means that you may not be in a position to meet our requests to clear the account in full.
            We can confirm that we are prepared to accept a sensible monthly repayment plan which reflects your financial circumstances and is one that you can afford to maintain - please contact us. (Filed)

02/11/20 letter received from Moorcroft - Further to our records we have not been able to agree a affordable repayment plan with you, please get in touch (Filed)

14/11/20 Letter from Moorcroft - They are disappointed that despite numerous attempts to contact me no satisfactory agreement has been reached, however in an attempt to an arrangement our client has informed us that we may be able to offer you a discount on your outstanding balance, if I would like to participate in this offer please call ...... (Filed)

28/10/20 Letter received from Intrum - We refer to the above account which has been with our external recovery provider Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd for collection of the outstanding debt, please note as of the date of this letter your account has been returned to Intrum.
            Please contact our team to discuss repayment of your outstanding balance. (Filed)

05/12/20 Letter from Intrum - You haven't been in touch to talk about your outstanding balance, if you'd rather not speak to us that's okay you can do everything you need to online. (Filed)

18/12/20 Letter received from Intrum - We may take legal action if you don't get in touch.
            We'd really like to help you pay back the money you owe us, but if we don't here from you we can't help and we may take legal action that may affect your credit score.
            Also included is an income/expenditure form and numerous options of how to get in touch. (Filed)

30/12/20 Letter received from Intrum - We're thinking of taking you to court.
            We don't want to but if you don't get in touch soon we'll pass your account to our legal team, they'll consider applying for a County Court Judgement which could make it harder for you to borrow money in the future. They may also add court and solicitor fees. (Filed)

6/1/21 Letter received from Intrum - Would I like a discount?
            We want to help you pay your debt without taking you to court, so if you get in touch within the next 10 days we'll give you a discount on the £....... you owe. (Filed)

14/1/21 Letter received from Intrum - Our final discount offer before we consider court action.
            If we don't hear from you in 10 days we'll pass your account to our legal team who could take you to court.
            But we want to help you pay us back without involving the courts, so here are some options we hope will make it easier for you.
            Pay in January for a 20% discount, pay over 3 months for a 10% discount. (Filed)

29/01/21 Letter received from Intrum - We're getting ready for legal action.
            We're planning to hand your account over to our legal team on ../02/21.
            They may apply for a County Court Judgement
            to demand you repay the money by a certain date, if you don't pay and judgement is granted the court can issue -
            An attachment of earnings-
            A warrant of control-
            A charging order.

We'd really like to find a way for you to pay us without taking you to court, if you get in touch before ../02/21 we'll try to work out
            a repayment plan that helps you avoid legal action. (Filed)
            05/02/21 Letter received from Intrum - Introducing our legal team

I'm x... x... from the legal team at Intrum, our collection teams has passed your account to us because you haven't
            agreed a way to pay the money you owe us. We're now in charge of getting a county court judgement issued against you to
            demand you pay the money back.
            Get in touch within 10 days or we'll pass your account to our solicitors,
            they'll write to you explaining what you owe and giving you a last chance to pay, if you don't pay they may apply for a CCJ.
            The court could demand that you also pay the solicitors costs and court fees which we'll add to the balance you owe us.
            -
            We can still help
            it's not too late to pay us back without involving solicitors, call us, we promise to listen and try to work out a repayment plan you can afford. (Filed)

19/02/21 Letter received from Intrum headed Legal Department
            We regret that we have not heard from you and would like to take this opportunity to support you in the resolution of this account.
            We have placed your account on hold for 10 days for you to contact us to discuss your situation, please call or email us @.
            Should no contact be forthcoming your account will be passed to our solicitors with the intention of issuing a letter before claim. (Filed)

12/03/21 Letter received from Intrum -
            Please find enclosed your annual statement etc, nothing threatening. (Filed)
            Last edited by Stevo62; 14 April 2021, 19:12.

Comment

Which debt is this?

EDIT previous post now updated

Di
              Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 5 February 2021, 14:26.

Comment

HI, I Take it this is the debt you refer to in your post.

Personal loan originally with Sainsburys, has been sold on three or four times since, I believe Intrum Finance Ltd to be the current owner of the debt
                Commencement date 2009
                Approx balance £9100
                Last payment June 10th 2020.

you sent for a CCA and received a reply last year.

Niddy deemed it UE

all you can do is see what happens next.

NW
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Which debt is this?

Di
                  Sorry Di, it is debt 4, Sainsburys, now updated

Comment

Sorry Di, it is debt 4, Sainsburys, now updated

No need to say sorry, I just couldn't find the whole quote to put things in context.

Intrum are sending you threatening letters with emotive wording such as Charging Order, Warrant of Control, Attachment of Earnings, all designed to intimidate you but none of these things can happen unless they actually win in court which is not a forgone conclusion by any means, especially since they don't have FCA authorisation.

No doubt Mr X... X... will write again or pass it to solicitors who will write to you. You can let me know if they do

Di

Comment

On the 12/11/20 we received a letter from HM Courts acknowledging our defence, a copy of the defence has also been sent to PRA and they have 28 days to respond, should we expect a response from PRA or the court in the
                      next few days or is hearing nothing usual and a better outcome?

It's now been over three months since your wife's Defence was filed and served on the Claimant.

Have you heard anything from PRA or have they fallen silent?

And have you heard anything from MCOL? They won't tell you if a claim becomes stayed due to non action, but see what it says (if anything) when you login.

Di

Comment

It's now been over three months since your wife's Defence was filed and served on the Claimant.

Have you heard anything from PRA or have they fallen silent?

And have you heard anything from MCOL? They won't tell you if a claim becomes stayed due to non action, but see what it says (if anything) when you login.

Di
                        Good afternoon Di, nothing at all from PRA,
                        I log in weekly to MCOL and there's nothing there either.

Comment

Good afternoon Di, nothing at all from PRA,
                          I log in weekly to MCOL and there's nothing there either.

If PRA want to continue with the proceedings they would need to make an Application to lift the stay (assuming it is stayed) and they would have to pay a fee for that.

This is a low value claim in the grand scheme of things so they may think twice about paying to do that especially since they haven't yet been able to comply with the s78 CCA Request for a MBNA credit card which was assigned to Aktiv Kapital before PRA.

Keep me posted if you hear anything. It may be a long wait

Di

Comment

Debt 4 Account Moorcroft Debt Recovery
                            Commencement date 2009
                            Approx balance £9100

CCA request sent 3rd of April, letter received from Moorcroft 15/04/20 acknowledging CCA request and will forward paperwork when they have it,
                            still nothing to date.

04/09/20 Letter received from Moorcroft
                            Our records show that we have not received the payment of £... due under your agreed arrangement with the result that you are in arrears for the sum of £..., if you have sent your payment in the last few days and this letter has crossed over then you do not need to take any action.

If you are currently unable to make payment please could you contact us so that we can discuss your current circumstances and make sure that your account continues to be treated correctly. (Filed)

08/09/20 Letter received from Moorcroft - please find enclosed a copy of your agreement, just a single page, will send to Niddy

02/10/20 Letter received from Moorcroft
                            PLEASE CONTACT US TO DISCUSS YOUR ACCOUNT
                            We cannot trace having received a recent payment, we are aware that these can be difficult times and it is important we work together.

Contact us now and we would be happy to discuss a repayment programme that you can afford and maintain. In certain circumstances we may also be able to offer a substantial discount from the outstanding balance. (Filed)

17/10/20 Letter received from Moorcroft
                            Monthly instalment offer
                            As we have not received any communication from you with regards to your outstanding account, we are concerned that your financial position means that you may not be in a position to meet our requests to clear the account in full.
                            We can confirm that we are prepared to accept a sensible monthly repayment plan which reflects your financial circumstances and is one that you can afford to maintain - please contact us. (Filed)

02/11/20 letter received from Moorcroft - Further to our records we have not been able to agree a affordable repayment plan with you, please get in touch (Filed)

14/11/20 Letter from Moorcroft - They are disappointed that despite numerous attempts to contact me no satisfactory agreement has been reached, however in an attempt to an arrangement our client has informed us that we may be able to offer you a discount on your outstanding balance, if I would like to participate in this offer please call ...... (Filed)

28/10/20 Letter received from Intrum - We refer to the above account which has been with our external recovery provider Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd for collection of the outstanding debt, please note as of the date of this letter your account has been returned to Intrum.
                            Please contact our team to discuss repayment of your outstanding balance. (Filed)

05/12/20 Letter from Intrum - You haven't been in touch to talk about your outstanding balance, if you'd rather not speak to us that's okay you can do everything you need to online. (Filed)

18/12/20 Letter received from Intrum - We may take legal action if you don't get in touch.
                            We'd really like to help you pay back the money you owe us, but if we don't here from you we can't help and we may take legal action that may affect your credit score.
                            Also included is an income/expenditure form and numerous options of how to get in touch. (Filed)

30/12/20 Letter received from Intrum - We're thinking of taking you to court.
                            We don't want to but if you don't get in touch soon we'll pass your account to our legal team, they'll consider applying for a County Court Judgement which could make it harder for you to borrow money in the future. They may also add court and solicitor fees. (Filed)

6/1/21 Letter received from Intrum - Would I like a discount?
                            We want to help you pay your debt without taking you to court, so if you get in touch within the next 10 days we'll give you a discount on the £....... you owe. (Filed)

14/1/21 Letter received from Intrum - Our final discount offer before we consider court action.
                            If we don't hear from you in 10 days we'll pass your account to our legal team who could take you to court.
                            But we want to help you pay us back without involving the courts, so here are some options we hope will make it easier for you.
                            Pay in January for a 20% discount, pay over 3 months for a 10% discount. (Filed)

29/01/21 Letter received from Intrum - We're getting ready for legal action.
                            We're planning to hand your account over to our legal team on ../02/21.
                            They may apply for a County Court Judgement
                            to demand you repay the money by a certain date, if you don't pay and judgement is granted the court can issue -
                            An attachment of earnings-
                            A warrant of control-
                            A charging order.

We'd really like to find a way for you to pay us without taking you to court, if you get in touch before ../02/21 we'll try to work out
                            a repayment plan that helps you avoid legal action. (Filed)
                            05/02/21 Letter received from Intrum - Introducing our legal team

I'm x... x... from the legal team at Intrum, our collection teams has passed your account to us because you haven't
                            agreed a way to pay the money you owe us. We're now in charge of getting a county court judgement issued against you to
                            demand you pay the money back.
                            Get in touch within 10 days or we'll pass your account to our solicitors,
                            they'll write to you explaining what you owe and giving you a last chance to pay, if you don't pay they may apply for a CCJ.
                            The court could demand that you also pay the solicitors costs and court fees which we'll add to the balance you owe us.
                            -
                            We can still help
                            it's not too late to pay us back without involving solicitors, call us, we promise to listen and try to work out a repayment plan you can afford. (Filed)

19/02/21 Letter received from Intrum headed Legal Department
                            We regret that we have not heard from you and would like to take this opportunity to support you in the resolution of this account.
                            We have placed your account on hold for 10 days for you to contact us to discuss your situation, please call or email us @.
                            Should no contact be forthcoming your account will be passed to our solicitors with the intention of issuing a letter before claim. (Filed)

04/03/21 Letter received from Intrum -

We have been unsuccessful in our attempts to contact you, as such we have engaged the services of Judge and Priestly LLP
                            and have transferred your account to them.
                            Our instructions to them are to pursue the outstanding debt on our behalf which may result in them being instructed to
                            issue a claim against you in the County Court; to obtain a CCJ against you.
                            Should you wish to avoid the possibility of County Court proceedings and judgement being entered please contact us
                            Last edited by Stevo62; 4 March 2021, 18:52.

Comment

Commencement date 2009
                              Approx balance £9100

CCA request sent 3rd of April
                              . . . .

. . . .

. . . .

04/03/21 Letter received from Intrum - we have engaged the services of Judge and Priestly LLP
                              and have transferred your account to them.
                              Our instructions to them are to pursue the outstanding debt on our behalf which may result in them being instructed to
                              issue a claim against you in the County Court; to obtain a CCJ against you.
                              Should you wish to avoid the possibility of County Court proceedings and judgement being entered please contact us

So Intrum have engaged Judge and Priestly solicitors to send you a 'Letter of Claim'. It appears they have not instructed the firm to issue a county court claim for this debt where the credit agreement has been deemed unenforceable.

When you receive the 'Letter of Claim' feel free to email it to me.

In the meantime read this post by Jo which highlights the other difficulties Intrum may face if they do issue legal proceedings >

Originally posted by Joanna Connolly View Post
                              Intrum UK Finance Limited is not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to exercise the rights of a lender. They rely on the para 55 FSMA 2000 servicing exemption.

We look forward to using the same legal arguments in the future against Intrum UK Finance Limited which we used against Idem Capital Securities Limited in the recent successful FCA authorisation Appeal where the Circuit Judge found that the para 55 FSMA 2000 servicing exemption did not allow the unauthorised debt purchaser to issue proceedings in the county court.

Intrum also have issues with their assignment process and documentation.
                              Di

Comment

Debt 9 Account Idem Capital Securities
                                Personal Loan Lloyds TSB
                                Approx balance £820

CCA request sent 3rd of April, letter received from Idem 15/04/20 acknowledging CCA request, unfortunately we are unable to supply a copy of the credit agreement,
                                until we do your agreement cannot be enforced, you are free to take whatever action you consider appropriate but we will not be releasing you from any obligation under the agreement. Nothing further to date (06/07/20.

21/09/20 Letter received from Idem - DMP No payment received

Please get in touch to confirm whether S/C debt charity are still assisting you with your financial matters and if you wish to continue payments in line with the previously agreed arrangement.
                                If you prefer to discuss a new payment arrangement directly with us please contact us on 08..... (Filed)

06/11/20 Letter received from Idem -
                                As yet we still have not been able to speak with you to discuss your circumstances and establish an ongoing arrangement for your account ...... This matter is now urgent, please contact us.... (Filed)

13/03/21 Letter received from Idem -
                                We are increasingly concerned that we have not been able to speak to you about your account.
                                We are keen to speak to you in order to understand your situation so that we can place you on the most appropriate payment agreement.
                                Failure to make contact with us may result in the following actions - (Plural)
                                1) Your account may be placed with an external DCA
                                2) There is no 2 ? (Filed)
                                24/03/21 Letter received from Idem -
                                Due to non payment of your account we have instructed Wescot Credit Services Ltd to collect the outstanding balance, you will be contacted by Wescot shortly to come to a mutually acceptable arrangement.
                                If you do not wish to be contacted by Wescot please contact us within 12 days of the date of this letter to agree an on going payment plan. (Filed)

09/04/21 Letter received from Wescot -
                                Dear ..... ....
                                Wescot are a specialist debt collection agency and we have bee instructed by our client, Idem Servicing, to make contact with you to discuss the outstanding balance and the options available ...........(Filed)
                                Last edited by Stevo62; 14 April 2021, 20:09.

Comment

Working...
                                X