GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Stevo62 My Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stevo62 My Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stevo62 My Diary

Hi all, new here today,

I have had until recently a DMP with SC for approx 10 years, all debts have dropped off my credit file, recent events have prompted me to review my situation and
    I started to search for information regarding debt and among others came across this website and its forums, I have spent the last 3 months reading about numerous
    people’s circumstances including diaries, responses and threads.

I have been inspired by the people who have given their time with an overwhelming desire to help others with such positivity and enthusiasm, the guidance, advice
    and professional knowledge given I’m sure will be of great help to me moving forward, in advance I thank you all for getting me this far, so here goes.

I sent CCA requests to all my creditors, the letters were sent on the 3rd of April and to date ( 6th July 20 ), all but 2 have failed to send me any paperwork,
    the two I mention I hope to get checked for enforceability or not.

I cancelled my DMP on the 22nd of June

Debt 1 Account Capital One
    Credit Card still with Capital one
    Commencement date 2005
    Approx balance £4500
    Last payment June 10th 2020

CCA request sent late May, as the debt was with the original creditor I thought the paperwork would all be in place, CCA received from Capital One
    11th of June with abrupt letter stating enforceable, but hope to get this checked, doesn’t seem to be a default notice and not sure about the rest of the paperwork.
    Niddy Says UE

Debt 2 Account Westcot
    Personal Loan originally with Santander
    Commencement date 2010
    Approx balance £3100

CCA request sent 3rd of April, letter received from Westcot 29/04/20 acknowledging CCA request, 18/05/20 second letter received documentation enclosed,
    all seems to be in order, then unusually and not to form I receive a third letter on the 29/06/20 from Westcot saying they are now investigating the account
    and they will not contact me or collect any monies whilst the investigation takes place, I would have thought this should have been the second letter,
    may be the CCA sent should be looked at professionally, I await the outcome of the investigation.

08/03/21 Letter received from Westcot -
    Our records show that you have missed a payment on the arrangement we previously agreed with you for this account. The last payment we received on your account was June 2020
    Please contact us urgently to discuss this account. (Filed)

17/03 21 Letter received from Wescot -

We wrote to you on the 3rd of March 2021 to advise you have missed your repayment on our previously agreed payment plan for this account.
    To date we have no record of receiving a payment from you since the ..th of June and we need to make contact with you to discuss the reasons for this missed payment.
    We agreed to take payments by instalment as a means of resolving the outstanding debt in a way that is affordable to you, however this repayment plan has not been maintained.
    Please contact us urgently ..........(Filed)

Debt 3 Account Westcot
    Credit Card originally with Santander
    Commencement date 2009
    Approx balance £900

CCA request sent 3rd of April, letter received from Westcot 21/04/20 acknowledging CCA request, 22/05/20 second letter stating documentation enclosed,
    seems incomplete, just a single page with photo copied information on both sides, has a signature but no updated payment or account details,
    need to get this checked, no other communication to date (06/07/20)
    Niddy says UE

Debt 4 Account Moorcroft Debt Recovery
    Personal loan originally with Sainsburys, has been sold on three or four times since, I believe Intrum Finance Ltd to be the current owner of the debt
    Commencement date 2009
    Approx balance £9100

CCA request sent 3rd of April, letter received from Moorcroft 15/04/20 acknowledging CCA request and will forward paperwork when they have it,
    still nothing to date, should have stopped payment to them but still reading forums at this stage.

Debt 5 Account Cabot Financial Europe
    Credit Card originally with RBS MINT
    Approx balance £3900

CCA request sent 3rd of April, letter received from Cabot 29/04/20 acknowledging CCA request and will forward paperwork when they have it,
    second letter received from Cabot 01/06/2020 stating unable to obtain information, until we do they state account is unenforceable.

Debt 6 Account Cabot Financial (Europe)
    Credit Card originally with Lloyds Bank
    Commencement date late 90s
    Approx balance £1785

CCA request sent 3rd of April, letter received from Cabot 15/04/20 acknowledging CCA request and will forward paperwork when they have it,
    second letter received from Cabot 12/06/2020 stating unable to obtain information, until we do they state account is unenforceable.
    08/07/2020 Letter received from Cabot asking me to set up a payment plan. (Filed)You've missed a payment

30/0720 We haven't received your latest payment and it's broken your plan with us.
    Let us get you back on track and reduce your balance, we want to find an affordable and sustainable solution that works for you,
    we've made setting up a plan easy.
    How to get back on track - call us ....../submit your plan on line at ...... (Filed)

Debt 7 Account Cabot Financial (Marlin)
    Personal Loan originally with Northern Rock
    Commence Date approx 2004
    Approx balance £2820

CCA request sent 3rd of April, letter received from Cabot 20/04/20 acknowledging CCA request and will forward
    paperwork when they have it, second letter received from Cabot 29/04/2020 stating unable to obtain information, until we do they state account is unenforceable.
    08/07/2020 Letter received from Cabot asking me to set up a payment plan. (Filed)

30/0720 We haven't received your latest payment and it's broken your plan with us.
    Let us get you back on track and reduce your balance, we want to find an affordable and sustainable solution that works for you,
    we've made setting up a plan easy.
    How to get back on track - call us ....../submit your plan on line at ...... (Filed)

Debt 8 Account Cabot Financial
    Personal loan originally with Lloyds Bank,
    Commencement date approx 2004
    Approx balance £1150

CCA request sent 3rd of April, letter received from Cabot 09/04/20 acknowledging CCA request and will forward paperwork when they have it, 22/04/20,
    second letter received from Cabot, were still processing my request, until we are able to provide further information they state account is unenforceable.

Debt 9 Account Idem Capital Securities
    Personal Loan Lloyds TSB
    Approx balance £820

CCA request sent 3rd of April, letter received from Idem 15/04/20 acknowledging CCA request, unfortunately we are unable to supply a copy of the credit agreement,
    until we do your agreement cannot be enforced, you are free to take whatever action you consider appropriate but we will not be releasing you from any obligation under the agreement. Nothing further to date (06/07/20.

Debt 10 Account PRA Group UK Ltd
    Credit Card original lender unknown
    Approx balance £540
    CCA request sent 3rd of April, letter received from PRA 21/04/20 acknowledging CCA request and will forward paperwork when they have it,
    still nothing to date, (06/07/20)
    Last edited by Stevo62; 14 April 2021, 19:57.

Account Westcot
    Credit Card originally with Santander
    Approx balance £900

CCA request sent 3rd of April, letter received from Westcot 21/04/20 acknowledging CCA request, 22/05/20 second letter stating documentation enclosed,
    seems incomplete, just a single page with photo copied information on both sides, has a signature but no updated payment or account details,
    need to get this checked, no other communication to date (06/07/20)

niddy says it's UE as the terms are illegible to the naked eye

Comment

as any more as before CCA arrives send unredacted copy to:- webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk for checking refer to this thread
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Wescott are only collection agency on commissions should they happen to collect any on behalf of owners. so original owners still own the aledged debt.
        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 7 July 2020, 08:30.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Welcome Stev062 !! Time will fly through, I am almost at 4 years on most of my debts. Daunting at first, but you will get used to the patterms and start to gain control. Can you add the approx start dates for each of the loans as this will enable more clarity and less questions going forward. Good luck in your journey, you will get great backing from the people on this site

Comment

Good morning John, thank you for your kindly welcome, I will try and find the information you ask, all of these debts are at least 9 years old and all have dropped off my credit file, excuse my ignorance but can you please advise how the start dates will help. As and when I find the dates can the original post be edited or do I need to start a new post each time I have an update? This morning I have received 2 Letters on different accounts asking to set up payment plans, likewise will these need to be added as new posts or as previously can I edit the original post?

Comment

Hi Steve, if you look at other diaries, they tend to put the start dates in as well as the dates they stopped making payments. There will be quite a number of questions as you start to get the letters coming in. For each credi card or loan, I found it best to have a separate post y and a reference eg 1 post for each debt. You can log in and edit each of these every time to get a letter. If you look at the first page of my diary, you should see how I have separated out. Then once a letter comes in, you can refer to it and make it easier for the forum to find which one you are referring to.
              Last edited by Johng27; 7 July 2020, 11:45.

Comment

Also on start dates, the older the card the better. I think pre 2007 cards are harder to enforce due to changes but I will let one of the experts explain on that. so wait until someone explains it better than me

Comment

Hiya and welcome to AAD,

Use this format for each one >
                  • Type of account (credit card/loan/overdraft)
                  • Date commenced
                  • Approx balance
                  • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
                  • Are you on arrangement or not paying
                  • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
                  • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender or a debt purchaser)
                  this format gives us an idea of the history of the debt, so you would do 10 seperate post (one for each debt)
                  then when there is anything to be added, new letter, or question re that debt, you can edit the original postthen hit "quote" and ask question, comment or just say "update"
                  we then know you have posted something new and can see the history of the debt, as you can imagine these debts dont vanish overnight and the Diary can get rather long, so this saves anyone time from searching through a long diary, mine is almost as long as "war and peace",
                  It can mean that we can give advice on what you could do next quicker, which may mean we stop you putting the letter in the box.

Hope to be of some help in your journey.

Nightwatch

Comment

Account Idem Capital Securities
                    Personal Loan Lloyds TSB
                    Approx balance £820

CCA request sent 3rd of April, letter received from Idem 15/04/20 acknowledging CCA request, unfortunately we are unable to supply a copy of the credit agreement,
                    until we do your agreement cannot be enforced, you are free to take whatever action you consider appropriate but we will not be releasing you from any obligation under the agreement. Nothing further to date (06/07/20.

This sounds like they do not think they will get the paperwork, when did you take out the loan/when was it 1st sold on as this would give an idea of if Lloyds will still have the original papers or not.
                    Please file that letter away in a safe place as it says those magic words" cannot be enforced"
                    So I would stop payment's, they will insist that you should still pay, indeed they will keep asking you to, BUT, with out the CCA they cannot enforce in court.

Comment

Good afternoon Nightwatch, thank you for your posts and comments, I have actually read your diary, probably why I'm here, I did detect an element or two of sarcasm, wit, smugness and victory among others, superb, your diary and entries have been made up over a long period of time and whilst I'm 100% committed to this I am new of yesterday and still finding my way around, I will try to follow the format you suggest but feel its not going to be either quick or easy, if there is one thing I have learnt it's you can't buy experience, but as I say I will get there.

Comment

Thank you so much for your feed back of my diary.
                        Many that know me well say I am sarcastic, sometimes don't mean to be, just a natural habit, I can be witty when needed, I do get a feeling of smugness when i win a victory over DCA's.
                        I also like to see the funny side of life, normaly at the most inapropriate times, I also cannot spell, so some post can be quite funny.
                        If you have any questions please ask away, if I cannot answer them others may be able to.
                        I hope you enjoy your stay with us x

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo62 View Post
                          the people who have given their time with an overwhelming desire to help others with such positivity and enthusiasm, the guidance, advice and professional knowledge given I’m sure will be of great help to me

The help given on this forum isn't only altruistic.

Sometimes revenge born out of personal negative experiences can be really satisfying too

You've been in a DMP for ten years so it's time to move on with your life especially since some of the debt purchasers will have bought your account for a minimal amount so probably in profit on the deal already.

Di

Comment

Good afternoon Di
                            thank you for your post and interest, I had reservations like others before committing to this journey, but the more I read the more I liked. I always said to people if you can put a face to a name the relationship warms and changes, here I feel as though I never need to see a face, I have found here the good in people that sadly we have seemed to of lost over the years, looking forward to whats ahead with confidence and determination, again thank you all.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo62 View Post
                              Good afternoon Di
                              thank you for your post and interest, I had reservations like others before committing to this journey, but the more I read the more I liked. I always said to people if you can put a face to a name the relationship warms and changes, here I feel as though I never need to see a face, I have found here the good in people that sadly we have seemed to of lost over the years, looking forward to whats ahead with confidence and determination, again thank you all.
                              Looking at your updates on this thread you have nine debts which are currently unenforceable, so you’re off to a good start.

Di

Comment

Working...
                              X