GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script John300 UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John300 UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John300 UE Diary

Hi everyone,

This is the start of my journey into clearing my debts for good. I have been paying token payments on 7 debts for a number of years.

I will list each debt individually below. I have read some great advice from the members of this site, so thanks to everyone for that.

I have already sent off written CCA requests for all debts on the 15/05/20. Prior to doing this i called each creditor to find out my balances etc. I requested CCAs over the phone with Cabot, PRA and NCO Europe. PRA haven't replied, Cabot emailed me a letter saying thanks for setting up a plan???? I haven't set up a new plan so this was confusing. In any case i then sent CCA requests in writing.

Any help, advice or suggestions are welcome in regards to my debts or using this site as I'm not familiar with posting on forums.

Thanks

Halifax Loan
    - Date Commenced: Approx August 2008 (defaulted 2010 approx)
    - Balance: £8207.13
    - Token monthly payment £5
    - Default dropped off credit file
    - Account Owner: PRA

CCA request in writing 15/05/2020

Comment

MBNA Credit Card
      - Date Commenced: 12/06/2006 (defaulted 30/11/2012)
      - Balance: £3802.71
      - Account Owner: PRA (originally assigned to Aktiv Capital 22/01/2013 then assigned to PRA 31/12/2014)
      - CCJ by PRA 25/09/2018

29/05/2020 PRA letter including original CCA so debt is enforceable?
      ??
      Last edited by john300; 14 June 2020, 18:53.

Comment

Last edited by john300; 22 May 2020, 17:41.

Comment

Halifax Credit Card
          - Date Commenced: 29th August 2007
          - Balance: £3657
          - Token monthly payment £3
          - Default 2012
          - Account Owner: Cabot (Cabot said that they owned the debt from 24/06/2015) They could not see who owned it before them.

Requested CCA over the phone about the 10th May.

I sent CCA request in writing 15/05/2020

13/05/20 - Cabot emailed me saying thanks for setting up a plan for this account??? any reason why they send this as I haven't changed anything?

18/05/2020 - I received a letter thanking me for my CCA request, they said "unfortunately we currently do not have the relevant information on file, so we will be requesting a copy of the agreement and terms and conditions from your original lender". Said they will write back within 12 days with an update.

31/05/2020 Letter stating they are still processing my CCA request and my account is unenforceable ??
          Last edited by john300; 14 June 2020, 18:51.

Comment

Halifax Current account

I am aware that a CCA request can't be made against this account but I would be interested in any advice in trying to request a full and final offer. How I go about it and what percentage I should try settle for.

- Date Commenced: Approx August 2004 (defaulted 2010 approx)
            - Balance: £1133.37
            - Token monthly payment £2
            - Account Owner: Cabot

29/06/2020

PRA sent a letter with the original CCA so debt is enforceable.

Last edited by john300; 14 June 2020, 18:48.

Comment

• Joanna Connolly
              Joanna Connolly commented
              Editing a comment
              If you are going to make a full and final settlement offer it is best to do it via a third party (i.e. mother , father,)

Nationwide Credit Card
            - Balance: £3246.71
            - Account Owner:Nationwide.
            - Moorcroft collecting

28/10/2020 received a letter stating they have requested the CCA
            Last edited by john300; 31 May 2020, 12:05.

Comment

Tesco Credit Card
              - Date Commenced: Approx August 2015 (defaulted 10th October 2018)
              - Balance: £3353
              - Account Owner: BLS Collections

Last edited by john300; 23 May 2020, 16:15.

Comment

Vanquis Credit Card

- Date Commenced: Approx August 2017 (with DCA since January 2019 approx)
                - Balance: £2828.63
                - Token monthly payment £1
                - When this debt was sold I never received a default on my credit score
                - Account Owner: Arrow Global
                - NCO Europe collecting

CCA request over the phone on 12/05/2020
                - email reply stating that they have requested a copy of the credit agreement with Arrow Global.

28/05/2020 received a letter showing payments since last October

02/06/2020 letter from arrow saying they're not the creditor but will contact the creditor to request CCA
                ??
                Last edited by john300; 14 June 2020, 18:49.

Comment

Originally posted by john300 View Post
                  Nationwide Credit Card
                  - Balance: £3246.71
                  - Account Owner: Moorcroft

are you sure Moorcroft OWN this and are not just collecting for the true owner, have you had a letter of assignment/ sale of debt to them
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by john300 View Post
                    Vanquis Credit Card

- Date Commenced: Approx August 2017 (with DCA since January 2019 approx)
                    - Balance: £2828.63
                    - Token monthly payment £1
                    - When this debt was sold I never received a default on my credit score
                    - Account Owner: NCO Europe

CCA request over the phone on 12/05/2020
                    - email reply stating that they have requested a copy of the credit agreement with Arrow Global.

so Arrow own this debt not NCO
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

sorry forgot. Welcome to AAD

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post

are you sure Moorcroft OWN this and are not just collecting for the true owner, have you had a letter of assignment/ sale of debt to them
                        Hi, thanks for your replies much appreciated. I called Moorcroft and you are right, it's Nationwide who still own the debt. Shall I edit my original post to reflect this.

Comment

so Arrow own this debt not NCO
                          ??????Hi nightwatch, I called NCO and again you are correct, it is arrow who own the debt.

Comment

sorry forgot. Welcome to AAD
                            Thanks nice to meet you

Comment

Working...
                            X