GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script John300 UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John300 UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john300 View Post

I have just contacted Cabot as I don't have any old paperwork.
    Cabot said the card was taken out 29/08/2007, the debt was defaulted 2012.
    Cabot said that they legally owned the debt from 24/06/2015. They didn't know who owned the debt previous to themselves.

It's best not to contact Cabot in case something you say in all innocence helps them to build a case against you. If they don't know who they purchased the debt from then I hope you didn't tell them

You've posted on this thread that they have not complied with your CCA Request, and that they accept the debt is currently unenforceable.

Do nothing and say nothing to them until or unless they do comply.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

It's best not to contact Cabot in case something you say in all innocence helps them to build a case against you. If they don't know who they purchased the debt from then I hope you didn't tell them

You've posted on this thread that they have not complied with your CCA Request, and that they accept the debt is currently unenforceable.

Do nothing and say nothing to them until or unless they do comply.

Di
      I didn't tell them who owned the debt before as I have no idea myself either lol

I won't call them again and I'll let them come to me. How long should I wait for the CCA before chasing them up on the request.

Also a side note, I received a call from PRA yesterday that I declined. I had a voicemail from an actual person so not automated saying to call them back. I'm not going to call them back.

Comment

I didn't tell them who owned the debt before as I have no idea myself either lol

I won't call them again and I'll let them come to me. How long should I wait for the CCA before chasing them up on the request.

Also a side note, I received a call from PRA yesterday that I declined. I had a voicemail from an actual person so not automated saying to call them back. I'm not going to call them back.
        in answer to the highlighted question, NEVER, while they are unable to comply with your request it remains UE.
        if you start sending requests for them to comply they will try harder to find something, we don't want that do we?

have a good weekend x
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That's a relief!

Although I think you've posted on your thread that this was a Halifax credit card from 2008?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

That's a relief!

Although I think you've posted on your thread that this was a Halifax credit card from 2008?

Di
            I found out that the Halifax credit card was from 2007 not 2008 then I defaulted in 2012. I don't know who owned it between 2012 and Cabot owning it in 2015.

Since this debt is currently UE I'm not sure if I should stop my token payment or not?

Comment

you could stop payment, IF/ when they comply with your CCA you can then decide what to do IF the CCA turns out to be enforceable.
              we have /had 3 debt with cabot all UE not paid since 2011/12 so now SB also. they do keep sending begging letters for one, I may tell them some day it's SB, but I do look forward to that envelope dropping on the door mat.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                you could stop payment, IF/ when they comply with your CCA you can then decide what to do IF the CCA turns out to be enforceable.
                we have /had 3 debt with cabot all UE not paid since 2011/12 so now SB also. they do keep sending begging letters for one, I may tell them some day it's SB, but I do look forward to that envelope dropping on the door mat.
                "I do look forward to that envelope dropping on the door mat" lol

If I do keep paying the token payment, can it still become SB?
                Am I still acknowledging the debt by actually making that token payment? if I'm making sense.

If the debt is UE I would like to just settle it if it was a really low amount like 5 or 10%.

Comment

you pay= no statue barred, but they will love the office parties at your expense why pay them if you do not know you actually owe them , you are a cash cow ( excuse expression) but these people hope you are not wise1 settle for that = you would be lucky, unless they prove you owe sit on your hands and stop paying them

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                    you pay= no statue barred, but they will love the office parties at your expense why pay them if you do not know you actually owe them , you are a cash cow ( excuse expression) but these people hope you are not wise1 settle for that = you would be lucky, unless they prove you owe sit on your hands and stop paying them
                    Thanks for your reply, I don't really want to be adding to their Christmas party piss up to be honest? so I'll probably cancel my token payment.

Comment

Ok. pull up a chair and let me tell you a story.
                      are you sitting uncomfortably, let me begin.

Once upon a time there was a greedy company that wanted to lend people money, even though it knew that the people who it was "giving" this money to at some time couldn't pay it back, this was because of the "interest rate" which meant that even though she only spent £1000, she made a payment and still owed £1000,
                      Anyway, it gave a mild mannered " cough" young lady called nightwatch, a credit card for more than she was earning.
                      For a while NW was able to pay the minimum payment every month and life was good.

then NW was starting to struggle with life, her job was getting more stressfull, her Mum was showing signs of dementia and her hubby was and still is a, pain in the arrrfter thought.
                      they had umpteen of these delightfull little pieces of plastic, that they could juggle with from month to month.
                      then the manure hit the fan.
                      they couldn't be paid.

NW contacted the banks and explained that she was unable to work while looking after Mum, some were fine and excepted a smaller payment others passed the "debt" to others for a small payment.
                      one of these "other's" was a nightmare and threatend poor NW with "hell and damnation" also that they would put her and her family on the streets.
                      this made "Mild mannered " NW very annoyed.
                      She huffed and she puffed and ffed and jeffed, the person on the phone wasn't impressed, but NW diddn't care.

that night NW went on the tinterweb and found a family called AAD.
                      the Great Niddy/noddy explained to her that she should send for a "CCA" a wonderous piece of paper, that means.
                      IF THE DON'T HAVE IT,THEY CAN'T HAVE YOUR MONEY,
                      he also explained that she has most probably paid back more than she had spent 3 times over, so should not carry on paying. Also if she was to carry on paying it would never become Statute Barred. every time she contacted them, without using one of the AAD template letters, or made a payment she was admitting to the debt , so was leaving herself open to harassment from these companys.

So from that day she never made another payment,
                      she checked with the rest of the AAD family BEFORE contacting anyone, listened to their advice and then made her choice of what to do. so saving her from paying back a joint ammount of £100k.

THE END.

so what I am saying is if you carry on paying it will never be SB.
                      if you keep contacting them they can say you have admitted the debt.
                      why would you pay anything on a debt that they cannot legaly collect, give it to charity, they can put it to better use.

Have a nice weekend

Comment

let me tell you a story.

Once upon a time there was a . . . .

. . . . THE END.

And they all lived happily ever after

Di

Comment

Ok. pull up a chair and let me tell you a story.

Once upon a time there was a greedy company that wanted to lend people money, even though it knew that the people who it was "giving" this money to at some time couldn't pay it back, this was because of the "interest rate" which meant that even though she only spent £1000, she made a payment and still owed £1000,
                          Anyway, it gave a mild mannered " cough" young lady called nightwatch, a credit card for more than she was earning.
                          For a while NW was able to pay the minimum payment every month and life was good.

then NW was starting to struggle with life, her job was getting more stressfull, her Mum was showing signs of dementia and her hubby was and still is a, pain in the arrrfter thought.
                          they had umpteen of these delightfull little pieces of plastic, that they could juggle with from month to month.
                          then the manure hit the fan.
                          they couldn't be paid.

NW contacted the banks and explained that she was unable to work while looking after Mum, some were fine and excepted a smaller payment others passed the "debt" to others for a small payment.
                          one of these "other's" was a nightmare and threatend poor NW with "hell and damnation" also that they would put her and her family on the streets.
                          this made "Mild mannered " NW very annoyed.
                          She huffed and she puffed and ffed and jeffed, the person on the phone wasn't impressed, but NW diddn't care.

that night NW went on the tinterweb and found a family called AAD.
                          the Great Niddy/noddy explained to her that she should send for a "CCA" a wonderous piece of paper, that means.
                          IF THE DON'T HAVE IT,THEY CAN'T HAVE YOUR MONEY,
                          he also explained that she has most probably paid back more than she had spent 3 times over, so should not carry on paying. Also if she was to carry on paying it would never become Statute Barred. every time she contacted them, without using one of the AAD template letters, or made a payment she was admitting to the debt , so was leaving herself open to harassment from these companys.

So from that day she never made another payment,
                          she checked with the rest of the AAD family BEFORE contacting anyone, listened to their advice and then made her choice of what to do. so saving her from paying back a joint ammount of £100k.

THE END.

so what I am saying is if you carry on paying it will never be SB.
                          if you keep contacting them they can say you have admitted the debt.
                          why would you pay anything on a debt that they cannot legaly collect, give it to charity, they can put it to better use.

Have a nice weekend
                          Great story telling???

That does make it alot clearer on how I'm going to proceed going forward thank you.
                          The one thing that sort of worries me, is that sometime next year I'm looking to buy a house.
                          I would hope to get a bad credit mortgage even if it's at a higher percentage than usual. I've got the one CCJ and default on my record and no other debts showing on there now since they've dropped off.
                          I don't know if I should make the mortgage broker aware of any debts that are UE or not?
                          ??

Comment

Great story telling???

That does make it alot clearer on how I'm going to proceed going forward thank you.
                            The one thing that sort of worries me, is that sometime next year I'm looking to buy a house.
                            I would hope to get a bad credit mortgage even if it's at a higher percentage than usual. I've got the one CCJ and default on my record and no other debts showing on there now since they've dropped off.
                            I don't know if I should make the mortgage broker aware of any debts that are UE or not?
                            ??
                            I can't help you with that as we never had to get a new mortgage, but some on here have maybe they're on from time to time and can help,

my diary is still on here, nightwatch and hubby s diary of debt.
                            have a look, it's a loooooong one. It may give you an idea of what may come.

Comment

I can't help you with that as we never had to get a new mortgage, but some on here have maybe they're on from time to time and can help,

my diary is still on here, nightwatch and hubby s diary of debt.
                              have a look, it's a loooooong one. It may give you an idea of what may come.
                              Thanks I'll have a look at your diary. I've got some beers ready for the long read??

Comment

That story has all too much resonance with me...…..And I dare say so many AAD members too

And you know what, The lived happily ever after part comes true too

They say that the even the biggest journey starts with the smallest step and how right it is. It feels a bit overwhelming at first but the people who contribute on here are a great bunch of people who do amazing things and have helped me no end when I first started out, Just like NW's Story

Take it from me, You are in very safe hands here

Comment

Working...
                                X