GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script John300 UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John300 UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john300 View Post
    I found out that the Halifax credit card was from 2007 not 2008 then I defaulted in 2012. I don't know who owned it between 2012 and Cabot owning it in 2015.

^^^ I've just spotted your earlier comment.

A SAR to Halifax should reveal who they assigned the account to before Cabot, but there's no rush to do that just yet.

Also Cabot should have served you with a Notice of Assignment when they purchased it from the previous owner in 2015.

If Cabot decided to issue a claim they would have to prove the whole assignment chain in order to win the case. From what you say their knowledge of the history may be a bit sketchy at the moment.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

^^^ I've just spotted your earlier comment.

A SAR to Halifax should reveal who they assigned the account to before Cabot, but there's no rush to do that just yet.

Also Cabot should have served you with a Notice of Assignment when they purchased it from the previous owner in 2015.

If Cabot decided to issue a claim they would have to prove the whole assignment chain in order to win the case. From what you say their knowledge of the history may be a bit sketchy at the moment.

Di
      Shall I just wait until Cabot get back to me about any further CCA information before going ahead with a SAR request etc.

Comment

Shall I just wait until Cabot get back to me about any further CCA information before going ahead with a SAR request etc.

Yes

You're playing a game of poker with the other side. Don't reveal any cards until the time is right. That's why poker games last so long!

Di

Comment

Had a few letters come through last week while I was working away.
          I received 2 letters from PRA with CCAs for the Halifax loan and MBNA. So those two debts are enforceable. The Bit gutted because the loan was the biggest debt of them all.
          I also received a letter from Cabot saying they are still processing my CCA request for the Halifax credit card.
          The last letter I received was from arrow stating that they are not the creditor but will assist in obtaining the CCA from the creditor.

Comment

Send CCA s to webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk. For checking quote this thread
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
              I will do thanks?

Comment

Just because they send an agreement doesn’t mean it’s enforceable and if the agreement looks ok there are many other reasons the debt might be UE . Lowell lost against me because there was no default notice

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                  I've sent copies on thanks

Comment

Had a few letters come through last week while I was working away.
                    I received 2 letters from PRA with CCAs for the Halifax loan and MBNA. So those two debts are enforceable. The Bit gutted because the loan was the biggest debt of them all.
                    I also received a letter from Cabot saying they are still processing my CCA request for the Halifax credit card.
                    The last letter I received was from arrow stating that they are not the creditor but will assist in obtaining the CCA from the creditor.

Hello

It really helps if you can update your thread with re-quoted posts to provide the history of each debt.

That way you'll get suggestions based on the story so far.

I'm always happy to comment as long as I know the background to the situation.

Di

Comment

Halifax Loan
                      - Date Commenced: Approx August 2008 (defaulted 2010 approx)
                      - Balance: £8207.13
                      - Token monthly payment £5
                      - Default dropped off credit file
                      - Account Owner: PRA

CCA request in writing 15/05/2020

^^^^ is the debt where PRA have sent you a credit agreement?

If so, update your original post to keep the story going, and then re-quote it each time something new happens.

(I hope that makes sense )

Di

Comment

Working...
                      X