GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My DMP diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My DMP diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My DMP diary

BARCLAYCARD
    • Type of account - Credit card
    • Date commenced - 12th Sept 2007
    • Approx balance - £1,148.10
    • Date last 'full' payment - May 2013
    • Arrangement - DMP
    • Status - defaulted 2013
    • Account owner - PRA Group
    10.2.20 CCA request made
    11.2.20 CCA request signed for
    13.2.20 - Letter received re account not held in current surname, requested that I confirm my previous surname in order for them to comply with Data Protection. £1 postal order returned with the letter stating they dont charge for the requests.
    13.2.20 Emailed to confirm my surname
    14.2.20 Email response confirming they have actioned the request
    28.02.20 Letter received from PRA Group. They have enclosed 2 copy statement of account dated June 2014 and Aug 2014. They say that is the documentation received to date and they are awaiting further documents in order to complete the request. They have currently deemed the debt as

06.05.20 Missed call from PRA Group who then left an automated voicemail asking me to call them back. Deleted voicemail.
    13/06/2020 Letter received from PRA Group informing me that they are unable to provide a copy of the varied terms and conditions.
    06/08/2020 Statement of account received from PRA Group
    Last edited by d_mcl85; 7 July 2021, 11:20.

Last payment made??
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

BARCLAYCARD
      • Date commenced - Oct 2011
      • Approx balance - £1,832
      • Arrangement - DMP
      • Status - defaulted Jan 14
      • Account owner - PRA Group
      10.2.20 CCA request made
      11.2.20 CCA request signed for
      13.2.20 - Letter received re account not held in current surname, requested that I confirm my previous surname in order for them to comply with Data Protection. £1 postal order returned with the letter stating they dont charge for the requests.
      13.2.20 Emailed to confirm my surname
      14.2.20 Email response confirming they have actioned the request
      28.02.20 Letter received from PRA Group. They have provided a CCA agreement but say that as they are currently unable to provide a copy of my varied terms and conditions they are unable to satisfy the request and they have classed the debt as unenforceable. They also provided 1 copy statement of account dated June 2013

06.05.20 Missed call from PRA Group who then left an automated voicemail asking me to call them back. Deleted voicemail.
      02.06.2020 - Received an email from PRA Group offering me 10% off. Ignored
      09.06.2020 - Received email from PRA group offering me 10% off. Ignored.
      Last edited by d_mcl85; 9 June 2020, 15:21.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
        Last payment made??
        Feb 20, all my creditors have accepted reduced payments from Payplan who is managing my DMP.. I have been on a DMP with them all since May 2013.
        How do I edit my posts to add information to it when I come to sent CCA request letters, responses received etc?

Comment

Originally posted by d_mcl85 View Post
          How do I edit my posts to add information to it when I come to sent CCA request letters, responses received etc?
          Don't worry about technical things right now - just carry on listing your debts in the way you have done with the first two. You can fill in the blanks later.

At the risk of sounding like a midwife, you're doing great

This forum aims to help you take back control of your debts instead of them controlling you.

Di

Comment

ÀRGOS STORE CARD
            • Type of account - Store card
            • Date commenced - unsure
            • Approx balance - £540.59
            • Date of last payment - Feb 2020
            • Arrangement - DMP
            • Status - no longer showing on credit file
            • Account owner - Cabot Financial
            10.02.20 CCA request made
            11.02.20 CCA request signed for
            27.03.20 Letter received. They have been unable to obtain the information requested from the original lender. Until they can supply it the account is
            07/05/2020 Letter from Cabot Financial, they have been informed that a Debt Management Company are no longer acting on my behalf. Account put on 14 day hold
            08/07/2020 Letter received not hearing from me and asking me to contact them
            10/07/2020 Letter from Cabot offering 70% off
            25/09/2021 - Letter from Cabot stating that they have recently confirmed that I am living at a new address and they need to make sure I'm aware that they are responsible for managing the account. Request to contact them to set up a payment plan.
            Last edited by d_mcl85; 6 October 2021, 14:08.

Comment

HALIFAX CREDIT CARD
              • Date commenced - unsure
              • Approx balance - £288.08
              • Arrangement - DMP
              • Status - no longer showing on credit report, maybe defaulted and dropped off credit file
              • Account owner - Cabot Financial
              15.02.20 Acknowledgement from Cabot informing me they dont have the CCA and will request it from the original lender along with the terms and statement of account and aim to get back to me within 12 days with an update
              23.02.20 Letter received from Cabot. They are still waiting on the information from the original lender, confirmed that they can not obtain a CCJ until the CCA is produced.
              currently
              17.04.2020 Letter from Cabot stating that they have been unable to obtain the information requested under the Consumer Credit Act
              09/06/2020 Statement of account received from Cabot
              28/06/2020 Letter from Cabot offering 75% off
              Last edited by d_mcl85; 7 July 2021, 11:14.

Comment

HALIFAX
                • Type of account - Personal loan
                • Date commenced - 2010
                • Approx balance - £7,317.22
                • Arrangement - DMP
                • Status - no longer showing on credit report
                • Account owner - Halifax
                • Payments being collected by Moorcroft Debt Recovery
                10.02.20 CCA request sent to Halifax
                07.04.20 Statement of account received
                27.05.2020 from Moorcroft asking me to contact them as they have been advised that I am no longer receiving assistance from an appointed representative.
                03/07/2020 Letter from Moorcroft informing me that they have not received payment and account is in arrears.
                15/07/2020 Letter from Moorcroft re not hearing from me about the arrears and asking me to contact them.
                21/09/2020 Letter from Moorcroft regarding not hearing from me about the arrears and asking me to contact them.
                30/12/2020 Letter received from Intrum informing me that Intrum UK Finance Limited became the legal owner of the balance on 7/12/2020. Notice if assignment from Halifax also enclosed
                16/04/2021 Letter from Intrum informing me that from this date the account has been returned to Intrum from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited.
                13/05/2021 Letter from Intrum asking me to get in touch within 10 days or they will pass the account to their legal team who will consider applying for a CCJ
                ????CCJ
                24/05/2021 Letter from Intrum offering a discount if I contact them within 10 days
                22/06/2021 Letter from Intrum Legal Department asking me to get in touch within 10 days or they will pass the account to their solicitors

01.07.2021 SWID letter sent recorded delivery to Intrum
                05.07.2021 SWID letter signed for
                09.07.2021 Letter received from Intrum. The contents of the SWID have been noted. They have requested further information/documentation from the original creditor. The account is on hold while they await a response.
                09.08.2021 Letter from Intrum claiming to have enclosed the signed credit agreement and statements but there was nothing enclosed. A dubious statement of account consisting of what has been paid and what is to be paid was given.
                10.09.2021 - Letter from Intrum stating they have been unable to contact me and request i contact them to discuss the account.
                27.09.2021 Letter from Intrum stating that they've not had a response to their previous letter, request I contact them to discuss the status of the account and if they don't hear from me within the next ten days they may instruct their solicitors to commence legal proceedings against me without any further delay.

14.03.22 Letter of claim received from Wedlake Bell. They have enclosed a statement of account showing credits and debits since the date of assignment, information sheet and Reply Form. The letter says I must return the reply form and Standard Financial statement to their client, Intrum UK Finance Limited within 30 days from the date of the letter. It says if I don't return the reply form within 30 days their client may instruct them to issue court proceedings without further notice.
                Section 1
                Box A. I agree I owe the debt
                Box B I owe some of the debt, but not all of it
                Box C I don't know whether I owe the debt
                Box D I dispute the debt.

I assume I tick Box D??

Secton 2 is how payments will be made - not relevant if I'm ticking Box D above.

Section 3 Do you intend to get, or are already getting debt advice - i assume leave that Box unticked?

Section 4 What documents are you sending with this form? What information do you need.

Do i state i want a copy of the original signed credit agreement and full statement of account?

Thanks
                Last edited by d_mcl85; 24 March 2022, 08:29.

Comment

Moorcfoft are only collectors not owners they act for owner
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

SANTANDER
                    • Type of account - Overdraft
                    • Date commenced - approx 2008
                    • Approx balance - £541.39
                    • Arrangement - DMP
                    • Status - no longer showing on credit report
                    • Account owner - Wescot Credit Services
                    22.02.20 letter received from Wescot re account held in different name, requested confirmation of name on account and proof of change
                    22.02.20 Email sent confiming name on account along with attachment of marriage certificate.
                    28.02.20 Letter from Wescot acknowledging that they have updated the account name and are waiting for their client to provide the requested information.
                    5.03.20 Statement of account received. Waiting for further documentation.
                    16.03.20 Letter received from Wescot saying
                    "Having contacted our client they have sent a copy of the signed agreement. We have enclosed this for your convenience. Should you believe you still have a query with us, we would kindly request that you let us know so that we can look in to this further for you. To allow you an opportunity to contact us, we have placed your account on hold until 2nd April 2020. Please ensure that you contact us by this date, as your account may return to the collection process after the hold period expires."
                    What they have enclosed is a Non Face To Face Customer Identification Record and a Bank Account Application Form.
                    Send docs to Niddy for checking
                    21.03.20Niddy confirms unenforceable
                    04/06/2020 Account Statement received
                    06/08/2020 Letter from Wescott asking me to contact them within the next 10 days
                    19.02.2021 Letter from Santander informing me that the account will now be managed by their agent Drydensfairfax Solicitors
                    22/02/2021 Letter from Drydenfairfax solicitors saying they've been instructed by Santander to obtain the amount due or take appropriate recovery action. Contact requested by 8th March

12/03/2021 Letter from drydenfairfax Solicitors re failure to pay the balance owned. Full payment requested by 26.03.2021 to avoid further recovery

action.
                    Last edited by d_mcl85; 7 July 2021, 11:08.

Comment

Collection agent's on commission

Comment

Oakbrook Finance LTD/Likely Loans
                        • Type of account - Personal Loan
                        • Date commenced - April 2018
                        • Approx balance - £12,083.60
                        • Date last 'full' payment - July 2018
                        • Arrangement - DMP
                        • Status - Arrears
                        • Account owner - Oakbrook Finance
                        25.1.20I Uunaffordable/irresponsible lending complaint made

3.2.20 - Likely loans confirmed receipt of complaint and aim to respond within 8 weeks.

10.02.20 SAR made

11.02.20 CCA request made

12.02.20 CCA signed for

20.02.20 CCA received along with information they hold in relation to the SAR made (application details, statements of account, temporary arrangement to pay letters and notice of sum in arrears)

20.03.20 Final response received from Likely Loans/Oakbrook Finance LTD to my irresponsible lending complaint they are not upholding the complaint.

6.04.2020 Irresponsible lending complaint escalated to the FOS

9.05.2020 Acknowledgement received from FOS

15.05.2020 Default notice received from Likely Loans dated 11th May 2020.

November 2020 FOS upheld my complaint, all interest has been removed from the balance owed and negative information removed from credit files.

November 2020 - November 2022 - Paying £50 per month to Oakbrook Finance T/A Likely Loans.

11 November 2022 - Received email from ACI stating that Oakbrook Finance Ltd, trading as Likely Loans has sold the account to Perch Capital Limited who have appointed ACI UK Ltd to manage the account on their behalf. With effect from 28.10.2022 Oakbrook Finance has assigned all of their rights, title, interest and benefits to Percha Capital.
                        Last edited by d_mcl85; 1 December 2022, 09:05.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                          Moorcfoft are only collectors not owners they act for owner
                          Thanks Tech Clerk, do I send my CCA reques to Halifax rather than Moorcroft then?

Comment

do I send my CCA reques to Halifax rather than Moorcroft then?

Yes, send it to the Halifax

Di

Comment

Oakbrook Finance LTD/Likely Loans
                              • Type of account - Personal Loan
                              • Date commenced - April 2018
                              • Approx balance - £12,083.60
                              • Date last 'full' payment - July 2018
                              • Arrangement - DMP
                              • Status - Arrears
                              • Account owner - Oakbrook Finance
                              25.1.20I Uunaffordable/irresponsible lending complaint made
                              3.2.20 - Likely loans confirmed receipt of complaint and aim to respond within 8 weeks.

If Oackbrook Finance Ltd T/A Likely Loans don't uphold your complaint (in a Final Response letter) you can escalate it to the FOS before the 8 weeks are up. If Likely Loans haven't reached a decision when the 8 weeks are up, you can escalate it to the FOS anyway.

Did you have any help on how to make your complaint?

How was the loan taken out, such as online?

In some cases Likely Loans would simply transfer the money into your bank account because you've made an application but before you signed (tick box?) any credit agreement.

I'll ask Warwick65 to pop in

Di

Comment

Working...
                              X