GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My DMP diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My DMP diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Warwick, I cancelled my DMP payment for this month so I'm expecting they'll come chasing me shortly when they realise.

Comment

Is there an update on any of these debts since you cancelled your DMP last month?

Di

Comment

Hi Di

I got an automated voicemail from PRA Group yesterday asking me to call them back but I havent and wont. That's all currently, not heard anything from any of the others. Maybe they are short staffed due to the coronavirus so taking longer to follow up on accounts.
        Last edited by d_mcl85; 15 May 2020, 12:21.

Comment

Hello,

Is there anything I need to do with this default notice when i have a pending case with the FOS? I imagine it could take months to get a decision from the Ombudsman on my Irresponsible Lending Complaint.

15.05.2020 Default notice received from Likely Loans dated 11th May 2020. [/QUOTE]

Thanks,

Xxxxxxx
          Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 14 July 2020, 13:56. Reason: name removed to protect identity

Comment

Originally posted by d_mcl85 View Post
            Hello,

Is there anything I need to do with this default notice when i have a pending case with the FOS? I imagine it could take months to get a decision from the Ombudsman on my Irresponsible Lending Complaint.

15.05.2020 Default notice received from Likely Loans dated 11th May 2020.
            Thanks,

Debbie[/QUOTE]

file it, nothing else you can do at the moment.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Di

voicecemail from PRA Group yesterday asking me to call them back but I havent and wont.

I like your decisiveness

Keep it up!

Di

Comment

Hi Di

I now get daily weekday calls from PRA group and Cabolt. I know the numbers so I just ignore them and delete the automated voicemails.
                I have also had 2 missed calls from Likely Loans but I didnt answer them either, maybe they've been notified by the FOS that I have escalated my irresponsible lending complaint about them

Comment

Hi Di

I now get daily weekday calls from PRA group and Cabolt. I know the numbers so I just ignore them and delete the automated voicemails.

I'm afraid some debt purchasers have started to send threatening legal action letters again - one of the unintended consequences of easing Lockdown sadly.

Just buy a tin hat, and post on your thread each time you get any correspondence.

Di

Comment

Diana Mayhew

Hi

I have received another letter from Moorcroft today re my account being in arrears and basically asking me to make payment or contact them to discuss the account.
                    As previously mentioned in this thread this is the account I worry about the most as I have had absolutely no response to the CCA request but I wasn't sure if I sent the CCA request to the correct address as I addressed it to Halifax and not Bank of Scotland (I have posted the different addresses previously in this thread)

I have been tempted to contact Moorcroft and tell them I sent a CCA request to Halifax and that I will not be making any further payments to the account or making any further contact with them unless they provide an enforceable credit agreement. I have also been tempted to send another CCA request to the Bank of Scotland address and see what happens.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Xxxxxxx
                    Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 14 July 2020, 13:58. Reason: name removed to protect identity

Comment

I would just ignore for now.
                      I know easier said then done sometime, but just wait and see what comes next.

Your CCA request was signed for, so that is all the proof you need to say they received it.
                      If they then lost it that is a problem for them.
                      NW
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks NW
                        Are Halifax and Bank of Scotland the same or are they as different as writing a letter to Natwest that is meant for Barclays?
                        Debbie

Comment

i think They are the same. so post should have been sent to the department needed.
                          Although, RW were sending to Barclays for Hubbys Cap 1 account. never did hear back for that one
                          but i have found this in the "blog" from febuary

Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) Group has said it plans to change its name later this year, as it reported a near doubling of annual profits. The Edinburgh-based bank, which owns RBS, NatWest and Ulster Bank, said it would rename itself as NatWest Group. The bank reported profits of £3.1bn for 2019,

so if you have any with those banks who knows where to write to?
                          Last edited by nightwatch; 7 July 2020, 14:31.

Comment

Hi, couple of updates since I was last here. The Financial Ombudsman concluded that Likely Loans T/A Oakbrook Finance did lend to me irresponsibly and as such all of the interest has been removed which has reduced my balance from over 11k to just 3k.

Regarding my Halifax loan account. This has been bought by Intrum in December 2020) previously Moorcroft were dealing with this account.

Intrum have wrote, called and sent text messages over the last few months which I have ignored, however today they have sent a letter from their legal department saying the collections team have passed my account to them because I haven't agreed a way to pay the money I owe. They go on to say that they are in charge of getting a County Court Judgement issued against me to demand I pay the money back.

They ask that I get in touch within the next 10 days or they'll pass the account to their solicitors who'll write to me explaining what I owe and giving me a last chance to pay and if I dont they may apply for a CCJ.

Should I just ignore this letter or do I need to send the letter I sent to Halifax last year asking for them to provide the CCA to prove the debt is enforceable?

Thanks in advance

Debbie

Comment

PlanB

Comment

Apologies if I sound stupid but does that mean make a CCA request to Intrum?

Comment

Working...
                                X