GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot sensitive team - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot sensitive team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ash5896 View Post
    Update

so since 2009 I’ve never had anything from HSBC. This morning I get a letter from HSBC saying thank you for the payments you been making we need to review your account. I’m happy to send them the same letters fo my GP that I sent to Cabot financial who have now written their debts off. Not sure why they’ve just woke up now but either way I really want to sort this out.
    Doesn't seem threatening does it more like a stock fishing letter!

Do nothing, write nothing, File and see what they send next!

Comment

agree with roger file away x
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok that’s great but will I still need to continue making the token payments? I have been making them to Metropolitan if you see the previous posts.

Comment

Ok that’s great but will I still need to continue making the token payments? I have been making them to Metropolitan if you see the previous posts.
          PlanB
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I am a tad confused ( not that my confusion should surprise anyone). I am taking it that this debt has nothing to do with Cabot?

Just out of interest, have you ever sent a cca request for this one?
            what type of account is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
              I am a tad confused ( not that my confusion should surprise anyone). I am taking it that this debt has nothing to do with Cabot?

Just out of interest, have you ever sent a cca request for this one?
              what type of account is it?
              apologies for the confusion I just continued the post from where I asked the original question with Cabot. No not sent a CCA and the original debt was an overdraft and a personal loan.
              I had numerous debts after my health deteriorated which were passed on to Cabot. They have thankfully been written off after sending in the medical evidence. This left a debt with HSBC that was being run by MCS to whom I’ve been paying the token payments since about 2010 I think it was and never heard anything till today. The letter is from HSBC bank not MCS but as someone’s clarified earlier in the year they were an in house company. I’ve not responded back as of yet and as advised by CAB at the time just continue making token payments which I did. We tried several times to contact them with the details that were in the letter but never got a response back. They did take a CCJ out at the time and marked my credit file and I’m just worried that they might do that again. My circumstances haven’t changed apart from my health is getting worse and I’m due to have another round of surgery which was cancelled last week. I was thinking of just providing them with the same medical evidence taht I provided Cabot and see if they would consider a write off if not then I can only continue with the token payments I’m afraid .
              Last edited by Ash5896; 10 June 2021, 21:25.

Comment

Hi
                Thanks got the explanation.

To put your mind at rest if they had a ccj they can not get another one. If the ccj was taken out over 6 years ago they may have difficulty doing anything. I will try to answer properly after work tomorrow

Comment

since 2009 I’ve never had anything from HSBC. This morning I get a letter from HSBC saying thank you for the payments you been making we need to review your account. I’m happy to send them the same letters fo my GP that I sent to Cabot financial who have now written their debts off. Not sure why they’ve just woke up now but either way I really want to sort this out.

I’ll take a look back over your thread tomorrow.

Your health and happiness must come first.

It sounds like you’ve received a template letter from HSBC who may not be aware of the full the history of this debt so may need to be made aware of it now.

Take Care

Di

Comment

Had another letter from HSBC today asking for an income and expenditure form. I’ve already told them my only income is ESA and PIP. Would it be a good idea to request a CCA? The bank account was opened in 1996 and the loan was around 2005 I think.

Comment

CCA Request if advised ( trouble HSBC for them have troubles such as Iron mountain fire, on pre 2007 CCAs generally) and they leave it so long , suspect they know and try to bluff, see what others advise

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                        CCA Request if advised ( trouble HSBC for them have troubles such as Iron mountain fire, on pre 2007 CCAs generally) and they leave it so long , suspect they know and try to bluff, see what others advise
                        thanks I’ll get it done today. As there’s 2 accounts one is a bank account with arranged overdraft and the other a loan will I need to send a separate CCA for each one or will one be ok?

Comment

Each account seperate keep copies and proof posting if advised on here to send

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                            Each account seperate keep copies and proof posting if advised on here to send
                            That’s great thanks I’ll see what the others say

Comment

I never got round to sending the CCA requests as I decided to call them. I explained when the account went into default and the reasons why. I also mentioned that since 2010 there’s been no communication from HSBC at all whatsoever even though I continued making token payments. I also mentioned that I tried contacting metropolitan via phone and writing but the phone number was dead and no response in writing until now.
                              I was then asked to send in a financial statement but I refused as I said my circumstances haven’t changed in terms of finances but my health has gotten worse and I’m happy to send in a letter which was originally for Capquest and Cabot financial.
                              so I received a letter yesterday saying they will no longer be seeking payments for this debt. As they were chasing two accounts I now need to clarify if it’s both or just this one.
                              again I want to thank you guys again for the advice. My life absolutely changed after my accident and these banks and debt collectors absolutely drained me over the years. I just wish I’d come across this site earlier. I now have had all the debts written off on medical grounds which is great but they still make it hard for you. I appreciate they don’t have to write them off but I had to provide medical evidence which is fine but very expensive but definitely worth it.
                              once again without the advice from all you guys in here I couldn’t have dealt with this. I hope more people in a similar situation as myself who are no longer able to work due to mental and physical health reasons find it easier to deal with these companies.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Make sure you cancel the standing order after which ring HSBC and let them know you have cancelled same, as they requested you!

Comment

Working...
                                X