GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot sensitive team - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot sensitive team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ash5896 View Post
    I had one with Mercers which was for a loan with HSBC and an MBNA card that’s was with .Capquest but I’ve not sent anything off to them yet as I’ve got no details apart from the reference numbers on the standing orders. Mercers have never reviewed the accounts and capquest did one about 2 years ago.
    I’m paying token payments to them again since 2010 these were set up by CAB. They’ve been on a standing order since.

Mercers were part of Barclays so is it possible that they were collecting for a Barclaycard not an HSBC loan?

Either way Mercers went into liquidation and were subsequently dissolved in September 2017 having been a dormant company since 2006 > https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

MBNA tend to assign their delinquent accounts to debt purchasers such as PRA so who do you pay your Sanding Order to?

How much is owed on each of these debts?

Di

Comment

Apologies for the very late replies. I hope this gets bumped up. Unfortunately health wise I have not been well at all and then had more bad news in the family.

As an update one of the debts was with Capquest who were dealing with MBNA. After following all your advice as with the Cabot debts they have also written off their debt. They were very difficult to deal with but at the time the website was down. Eventually after a lot of going back and forth they wrote it off. Originally they wouldn’t and said they were happy with token payments and when I threatened to take it further they wrote it off.

the only one left now is with HSBC. I’ve been making token payments to a company called MCS since 2009. I have never received any letters or statements since then. The phone number on the original letter is dead so Amy contact details for them are not available.

kind regards

Comment

Hello Ash5896

I’m sorry you’ve been having such a difficult time. It’s good news that you’ve had one debt written off, so there’s only the HSBC one to tackle.

What is the full name of the business you’ve been making token payments to for the last 12 years? If you’ve tried ringing them but the number is not working makes me wonder whether HSBC still own it, and maybe you were paying a Debt Collection Agency.

Perhaps HSBC have assigned (sold) it to a debt purchaser. Are you still living at the same address as you were in 2009?

Di

Comment

Found this on the Web,

DG Solicitors and Metropolitan Collection Services Ltd (MCS) Info

We composed this as a double posting since each of these companies were created by HSBC and there would be very little to discuss if we introduced each individually. Neither for instance have ever had a website or official profile page. Their creator is the UK’s leading bank and they are even one of the market leading players in banking worldwide. Whilst their impact on the global stage can only be admired, they have never been strangers to controversy. At the time of this posting they were embroiled in client tax issues. The discussed HSBC debt collectors are well known that is especially the case with Metropolitan Collection Services Ltd (often known as MCS).

The only internal banking agency that we believe chased up higher levels of debt was Blair, Oliver and Scott that was created by Lloyds across their brands. There are as noted no websites that makes it difficult to uncover specific information. We did however come across a government document whereby a representative was defending/explaining the workings of the mentioned firms. These had landed them in hot water and they naturally took a hard time from the media (as did RBS). The main issue surrounds bogus solicitors that aren’t registered with the Law Society. Correspondence is also deceiving whereby customers may think that they are being targeted by independent collectors.

Other than DG/MCS, they did also collect internally through Central Debt Recovery Unit and Payment Services Bureau. MCS was primarily used for consumer arrears on loans, overdrafts etc, but no litigation activities were involved. In the government article, it was stated that 100,000 customers per month miss a scheduled payment with the bank and that when escalated around 5000 of these are then sent letters. This just shows how much volume they were dealing with. DG Solicitors was established in 2001 and is less known, since they are introduced for legal action only. Moving forward, DG has now been closed down and MCS is not used for newly defaulted accounts.

It may be worthwhile to stop payment to MCS and wait to see who writes to you, as it is, it looks like the account is still with HSBC.
          after all the payments since 2009, you should at least be sent a yearly statement.

NW
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Will be with hsbc as they MCs in house and was pulled up few years ago
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

DG was scrapped and hsbc pulled up by regulator head of hsbc solicitors had to write to all including change of solicitor. Court form for those with ccjs

Comment

Once again thank you for the replies.
                yes I’m at the same address and never received any communication at all once the plan was set up. It was for an overdraft and loan.
                the name on the payment slip is MCS and that’s all I have unfortunately..

Comment

Nightwatch, I’m worried if I miss a payment that I’m going to get hounded again like they did before. I honestly don’t think I’m up to dealing with it at the moment. The last thing I need is more stress. As for annual statements I’ve never received anything at all since 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post
                    Hello Ash5896

I’m sorry you’ve been having such a difficult time. It’s good news that you’ve had one debt written off, so there’s only the HSBC one to tackle.

What is the full name of the business you’ve been making token payments to for the last 12 years? If you’ve tried ringing them but the number is not working makes me wonder whether HSBC still own it, and maybe you were paying a Debt Collection Agency.

Perhaps HSBC have assigned (sold) it to a debt purchaser. Are you still living at the same address as you were in 2009?

Di
                    hi Di

same address nothing has changed. I’ve never missed a payment though as it’s set up on a standing order. One thing I did try is I try to set up a standing order on a different bank account as I switched accounts but when the bank searches to see if the details match it was showing as they don’t so I’m not sure what the correct business details for them would be. I’ve left that account open just to pay that standing order now.
                    CAB set up the standing order for me at the time with the details that were given by MCS.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash5896 View Post

hi Di

same address nothing has changed. I’ve never missed a payment though as it’s set up on a standing order. One thing I did try is I try to set up a standing order on a different bank account as I switched accounts but when the bank searches to see if the details match it was showing as they don’t so I’m not sure what the correct business details for them would be. I’ve left that account open just to pay that standing order now.
                      CAB set up the standing order for me at the time with the details that were given by MCS.

Hello

Yes you’re right nowadays banks do check the validity of the bank account when you set up a new payee.

Something which has crossed my mind is whether this debt may have the potential to be Statute Barred if you’ve not effectively paid anything since 2009 if the payments have been going into a dormant account etc.

I don’t want to raise your expectations, but it may worth doing a bit of research to check it out.

You say this was an overdraft and a loan possibly combined by HSBC because they do that sometimes, but usually when the debt is assigned (sold).

How much do you believe the outstanding balance to be?

Di

Comment

Hello

Yes you’re right nowadays banks do check the validity of the bank account when you set up a new payee.

Something which has crossed my mind is whether this debt may have the potential to be Statute Barred if you’ve not effectively paid anything since 2009 if the payments have been going into a dormant account etc.

I don’t want to raise your expectations, but it may worth doing a bit of research to check it out.

You say this was an overdraft and a loan possibly combined by HSBC because they do that sometimes, but usually when the debt is assigned (sold).

How much do you believe the outstanding balance to be?

Di
                        Hi Di

Thank you for your reply.
                        the debt in total o think was about £8K from the top of my head and I’ve been paying token payments of £1 for each of them so £2 a month in total.
                        I thought I had the original letter but at the moment can’t find anything at all now.
                        as far as I can remember it’s always been with MCS and not sold on like the others that went to Capquest, Arrow Global and Cabot. They’ve never sent any letters, statements or even asking for financial statements. The only thing I have e had was yesterday a cheque for £50 and that was out of the blue and not expected.

I found this online but I don’t understand what it means

https://www.parliament.uk/globalasse..._enclosure.pdf
                        Last edited by Ash5896; 19 January 2021, 09:14.

Comment

Hello Ash5896

Good news about the £50 cheque you’ve received from HSBC. That would effectively cover the cost of over two years of the token payments you’ve been making

I’ve read every post on your thread, particularly the first one. You have been treated with sensitivity by a debt purchaser because you deserved to be treated that way. Let’s hope others do the same including HSBC.

My feeling is ‘don’t rock the boat’ by ceasing payments if you can afford them and they don’t place you in financial hardship. At least not at this time in your life.

If anyone approaches you about this debt, perhaps if it is assigned (sold) to someone else further down the line, then post on your thread for help and support.

If anyone starts to make a noise about legal action or threatens to issue a court claim, then feel free to email me direct using di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk. Although I hope it won’t be necessary.

Look after yourself first and foremost.

Di

Comment

Hello Ash5896

Good news about the £50 cheque you’ve received from HSBC. That would effectively cover the cost of over two years of the token payments you’ve been making

I’ve read every post on your thread, particularly the first one. You have been treated with sensitivity by a debt purchaser because you deserved to be treated that way. Let’s hope others do the same including HSBC.

My feeling is ‘don’t rock the boat’ by ceasing payments if you can afford them and they don’t place you in financial hardship. At least not at this time in your life.

If anyone approaches you about this debt, perhaps if it is assigned (sold) to someone else further down the line, then post on your thread for help and support.

If anyone starts to make a noise about legal action or threatens to issue a court claim, then feel free to email me direct using di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk. Although I hope it won’t be necessary.

Look after yourself first and foremost.

Di
                            thank you for your response Di.
                            I’m just worried that because there’s been no contact with them since 2009 where is the money going. All the other companies have regularly sent statements and some type of communication. I was just trying to look up details for MCS (metropolitan collection services ltd) and on companies house it’s showing as dissolved in 2015 but not sure if it’s the same people.
                            thank you for your advice in the meantime and I’ll take your advice and carry on with the token payments for now.

Ash

Comment

Yes no longer name used by HSBC

Comment

Update

so since 2009 I’ve never had anything from HSBC. This morning I get a letter from HSBC saying thank you for the payments you been making we need to review your account. I’m happy to send them the same letters fo my GP that I sent to Cabot financial who have now written their debts off. Not sure why they’ve just woke up now but either way I really want to sort this out.

Comment

Working...
                                X