GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot sensitive team - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot sensitive team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot sensitive team

Back in 2006 I had emergency surgery for a massive disc prolapse. I was off work for quite a while and the slow recovery process and started suffering from depression. I changed jobs and we moved to another part of the country hoping for a fresh start but unfortunately my condition got worse so more surgery and even worse than I was before.
    I lost my job and ended up falling behind with all my payments. Prior to this I would always pay the full amount every month but after the 2nd lot of surgery it was obvious I will not be able to work and have to accept that this is how I will be.
    I had no idea how to deal with it and eventually the debts were over by Cabot in 2010/11. I have been making token payments ever since of £1 for all of the debts.
    A few months ago they started pestering me for a financial assessment form. I told them that I only receive ESA and PIP now and it’s unlikely to change.
    the lady I spoke to advised me to send in evidence of medication, doctors letter and any other evidence.
    I sent them about 7 letters from different healthcare teams I’m under and proof of income. A month later they wrote back and said they won’t write off the debts as the medical evidence is over 12 months old which they were but only between 2-3 months over.
    I have now managed to get a letter from my GP which states my condition is for life and unlikely to improve but get worse as I get older. He also wrote about my mental health and depression telling them I suffer from severe depression.
    My prescriptions all show my medication and a quick google search of the medication would tell them what and how strong it is. 3 of my medication are controlled drugs.
    I also asked them if they have any copies of my original agreements to which they said they don’t but I still have to pay the token payments and even though they have been provided with an up to date letter they have said I need to send one which is less than 12 months old so clearly no one has looked at the date.
    Two of the credit cards were taken out between 1996 and 2003. One is a loan from 2008 and the other was an overdraft
    The original accounts were with Halifax and I recall they did provide all the credit agencies about not paying the debts.
    Is there anything more I can do as I just keep getting letters every 6 weeks from the sensitive team that they want me to call them and speak to me about my health to keep their records updated.

sorry I am working at the moment, I will try and reply tomorrow,

try not to worry
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Hello

From what you say the Cabot 'sensitive' team may be acting a tad 'insensitive' to your personal situation.

I note you asked Cabot if they had copies of your original credit agreements and they admitted that they didn't.

I think your next step may be to explore that legal avenue.

Did you send Cabot formal s77-79 CCA Requests together with the £1 statutory fee?

Originally posted by Ash5896 View Post
        I also asked them if they have any copies of my original agreements to which they said they don’t but I still have to pay the token payments
        Di

Comment

Hi, sorry to hear about your ill health, as Di said they are being insensitive,
          plus the fact they don't read a lot of stuff sent to them, they just want the money,

I also agree with Di that you may now need to send a CCA request to cabot for these debt so we can see where you stand regarding enforceability of them, this could help in where to go next.

the template you need is in this link, 1, starting out
          https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/t...lity-templates

for some reason I cannot link directly to it, you need to fill in the account numbers and edit the bold text as needed,
          1 for each account , enclose the £1 fee with each one,

send them recorded delivery/ signed for, so you can check for proof of delivery.

any problem or question before you post them come back and post on this thread.
          once posted sit back and wait for the replys

Do not phone them or speak to them on the phone if they phone you,
          If you do answer the phone to them say you need every thing in writing,

try and enjoy your weekend

NW
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you both for your replies.No I didn’t send them any money I just asked if they had original copies of the agreements via email.
            they said they will report me to credit reference agencies if I don’t pay the agreed amounts of £1. I think it’s really sad that despite having all my medical evidence they still want to pursue me for these. They won’t get more than what they are getting now. Mentally I am struggling because my condition is getting worse and I just don’t need them on my back. I thought DWP were difficult to deal with my PIP and ESA but it looks like they’re all just as bad as one another.
            I really appreciate your replies and just another question shall I still ask them for the agreements in writing?

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Nightwatch

I’m unable to get to the templates. When o click on the link it’s saying I’m not authorised and I need to log in even though I am logged in.
              I’ve tried logging in and out but it’s still saying the same.

ash

Comment

Ho Ho Ho, you may have a merry Christmas yet.

Yes please send a formal CCA for each account, no more emails, phone calls or text messages.

every thing from now on in writing only.

They have said they don't have them and can't see the original owner of the account finding them,( keep that post very safe)
                that makes them Unenforceable.
                This means that if you were to stop paying them, they cannot enforce through the courts, but we need you to send the formal CCA request, they should send a letter back saying they will send for it, if not why not, so that if they try to frighten you with court you have formal proof of asking.

They can still ask you for payment but you don't have to pay them a penny,

they have made a big mistake in telling you anything different, plus Harrassing you, when you have made it clear you have mental health problems.

BUT YOU DON'T TELL THEM THIS,

speak again soon NW

Comment

Thanks Nightwatch,
                  I’ve tried clicking on your link but I still can’t access the templates.

Comment

Hi Nightwatch

I’m unable to get to the templates. When o click on the link it’s saying I’m not authorised and I need to log in even though I am logged in.
                    I’ve tried logging in and out but it’s still saying the same.

ash
                    we are having a few probs with the site it should be updated soon,

try clicking on templates at the top, click on unenforceability (i think) and the CCA template should be in there, only alter the parts that need to be altered.

Comment

Thanks Nightwatch,
                      I’ve tried clicking on your link but I still can’t access the templates. Are they correct in they can take me to court if I don’t fill the financial assessment form?
                      NO THEY ARE NOT, have you proof of this threat?

Comment

I will see if anyone can get the link to work

Comment

don't worry if we take a while to get to you, we are all busy at the mo, we have not forgotten you.

just a thought,
                          I do remember that newbys had to make xxx amount of post before the could access the templates ( to stop people from just using and leaving)
                          maybe have a look round the site and post somewhere on it.

click on todays posts at the top and have a read and make a post on one or two. we don't bite xxx
                          Last edited by nightwatch; 25 October 2019, 16:31.

Comment

I’ve tried clicking on your link but I still can’t access the templates.
                            There's a free s77-79 CCA Request Template letter here in post #2 > https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...mplate-letters

Di

Comment

Thanks I’ve made a donation too.

Comment

Working...
                              X