GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PowerOfCats UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PowerOfCats UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk link this thread
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerofCats View Post

5. Debt: Bank of Scotland Credit Card - Now with Moorcroft
      Account Opened: 08.05.09
      Balance at time of starting DMP: £3784
      Current balance: £3019
      Defaulted? YES - Drops off January 2019
      Last payment received: September 2018 via Stepchange for nominal low amount
      17/01/19 - letter from Moorcroft 'We acknowledge receipt of your recent letter requesting data as per Section 77-79 Consumer Credit Act 1974, and can confirm that we have requested the relevant documentation from our client will forward it to you when it is received.

We must also stress that we are not seeking to enforce an agreement and have only asked that payment is made towards a debt that is outstanding by way of an affordable repayment plan. However, if you believe we are unable to ask that your account is repaid in this manner please provide us with specific details so the client can address any specific concerns you may have. This request is asked to also minimise potential costs and delays.

25/0219 - letter from Moorcroft received with recon terms etc, signed statement of account, copy of original application recon version of original agreement. Will send over to Niddy for thoughts.
      '

See what Niddy has to say but also remember that a debt owner has to get everything right to enforce a debt in court, so even if the credit agreement is perfect there can still be other flaws.

Let's hope that BOS assign/sell this account to a debt purchaser soon.

I can see you last made a payment via Stepchange in September 2018 so have you now stopped paying your creditors altogether or are you self-managing?

Di

Comment

Debt 14 - Egg Loan sold to IDEM
        Letter today received stating that as I'm not paying they are going to reinstate the 9.510% interest? If I want to maintain 0% call them. HOWEVER my last contact with them was a letter stating they could not find my details for my CCA request and therefore they accept it's currently unenforceable. What should I do? Ignore?

Comment

Debt 3 and 4 - Natwest OD and Loan

This is a strange one. I sent my CCA request which was signed for and acknowledged, and yet this letter states that as of the 08/02/19 the account is now with PRA? Have they sold this debt whilst it's in dispute? If so, should I do anything?

Comment

Debt 3 and 4 - Natwest OD and Loan

This is a strange one. I sent my CCA request which was signed for and acknowledged, and yet this letter states that as of the 08/02/19 the account is now with PRA? Have they sold this debt whilst it's in dispute? If so, should I do anything?
            No!
            Whilst your lawful CCA request (plus £1 ??) remains outstanding you are protected in Law. The current thinking is to NOT to advise the Debt purchaser.
            Simply wait and see what PRA do and report back here.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

See what Niddy has to say but also remember that a debt owner has to get everything right to enforce a debt in court, so even if the credit agreement is perfect there can still be other flaws.

Let's hope that BOS assign/sell this account to a debt purchaser soon.

I can see you last made a payment via Stepchange in September 2018 so have you now stopped paying your creditors altogether or are you self-managing?

Di
              Hi Diana Mayhew !
              No, I've stopped paying them all together. Nothing since September 2018.
              Waiting for Niddy's expert eye review on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post

No!
                Whilst your lawful CCA request (plus £1 ??) remains outstanding you are protected in Law. The current thinking is to NOT to advise the Debt purchaser.
                Simply wait and see what PRA do and report back here.
                Thanks Roger .
                I'll sit and wait, methinks...
                Yes, I sent the £1 postal orders too and I've saved the signed for signatures online so I have proof they've received the requests.

Comment

Debt 14 - Egg Loan sold to IDEM
                  Letter today received stating that as I'm not paying they are going to reinstate the 9.510% interest? If I want to maintain 0% call them. HOWEVER my last contact with them was a letter stating they could not find my details for my CCA request and therefore they accept it's currently unenforceable. What should I do? Ignore?

Shall I ignore this one? Considering they last told me it was unenforceable?
                  I'm only worried if they find a CCA that's enforceable and then I've accrued a load of interest debt :/

Comment

sit on your hands for now - you do not want them to be encouraged to find one?
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Question...

My shop direct debts with NCO/Arrow have sent me 'notice of assignment' letters but no reply to the CCA request. I'm just filing them away for now but I take it they should actually send me the CCAs at some point? I'm only querying in case mail order companies are different and it's something I've missed!

As it stands, I've had no CCAs come through for the accounts, only notice of assignment letters...

Comment

shop direct rarely have valid CCAs you apply for goods they send them out, you get sent T&C's they then ask you to signs and return one copy of the T&C's, I never have,
                        Have you?

Comment

Hi Nightwatch

No, I guess not. That confuses me a bit though. Should I expect something through? Or is it unlikely due to the scenario you described?

Comment

It is unlikely you will get anything, but it won't stop Arrow Trying to get you to pay up x

Comment

Just emailed Niddy again as I've not had a response from the end of Feb. Is he busy or unavailable does anyone know?

Letter today from Moorcroft for this debt threatening further action - will update diary with specifics later as out and about. But also offering a ''substantial discount'

Comment

I think he's been on holiday.

Comment

Working...
                                X