GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script F19FOX's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F19FOX's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diana Mayhew

Warwick65
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by F19FOX View Post
      F19FOX's account number 4

SANTANDER - ORIGINALLY ABBEY
      • Type of account - Credit card
      • Date commenced - 11th May 2009
      • Approx balance - £4,294
      • Date last 'full' payment - 30th Oct 2015
      • Arrangement - not paying
      • Status - defaulted 6th May 2016
      • Account owner - Santander
      OCT26/10 Advice from Stepchange (SC) to set up temporary payment arrangements of £1 with each of my creditors as my income is less than my expenses.
      30/10 Posted SC templated temporary payment arrangement letters to all creditors offering £1 per month token payments. Included budget and list of creditors.
      7/11 Letter from Santander saying I have missed payment
      13/11 Resent temporary payment letter + budget + list of creditors

APR 27/4 Wrote to Santander to request copy of CCA
      MAY20/5 I am pretty sure this was originally an Abbey credit card which was later rebranded to Santander. Thanks for the memory nudge Di
      25/5 SAR letter posted to Santander
      25/5 6 monthly statement received from Santander
      29/5 SAR request signed for receipt from Royal Mail
      JUN 2/6 cancelled all payments as nil response to CCA request
      5/6 letter received from Santander acknowledging my SAR letter + committing to providing the information within 28 days
      29/6 SAR response received from Santander. Comprising - cover letter (headed DPA 1988! Have they not heard of GDPR?), one pager credit agreement, one page DDM and 4 pages of transactions. Very surprised that there were no statements (even though I have received several from them previously) and no credit report which I requested in my SAR letter to them. Also interesting the credit agreement is in the name of Abbey!

SEP 22/9 letter received from Santander dated 17th Sept saying my account will now be managed by Robinson Way and to please speak to them from now on about my account. They will have a long wait
      OCT 1/10 ltr received from Robinson Way dated 26th Sept confirming they are now managing my debt and asking me to contact them to agree an affordable plan .. blah blah blah ..ZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      No The Tech Clerk it's for this debt

Comment

sorry then CCA Satander Recorded delivery? Santander UK plc. Registered Office: 2 Triton Square, Regent's Place, London, NW1 3AN send to this one?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No worries but thank you for clarifying!

Comment

F19FOX's account number 1

SMILE (CO-OP BANK)
            • Type of account - Current account overdraft
            • Date commenced - 12th Jan 2000
            • Approx balance - £593
            • Status - defaulted 17th Jan 2017
            • Account owner - Link Financial
            OCT26/10 Advice from Stepchange (SC) to set up temporary payment arrangements of £1 with each of my creditors as my income is less than my expenses.
            30/10 Posted SC templated temporary payment arrangement letters to all creditors offering £1 per month token payments. Included budget and list of creditors.

MAR 7/3 Letter to Smile requesting them to confirm account details to make payments (£1 pm) as last two payments have been rejected by my bank
            JUN 5/6 Follow up letter to Smile again requesting bank account details as nil response from 7/3 letter and payments still being rejected by my bank

MAY
            31/5 CCA request posted to Link
            Jun 1/6 CCA request signed for receipt from Royal Mail
            22/6 SoA received from LInk Financial dated 1st June 2018

JUL 2/7 SAR letter posted to Co-op bank
            10/7 cancelled all payments as nil response to CCA request
            SEP Link - reminder notice - your payment is overdue dated 25th Sep 2018.
            I've had Link chasing me for payment on this account which is an overdraft. I've not had any response to my CCA request - hence the reason for me not paying. Am I right in thinking that if they don't or can't supply me with a copy of the CCA then it's UE as would be for a credit card debt? Thnaks

Comment

SMILE (CO-OP BANK)
              • Approx balance - £593

MAR 7/3 Letter to Smile requesting them to confirm account details to make payments (£1 pm) as last two payments have been rejected by my bank
              JUN 5/6 Follow up letter to Smile again requesting bank account details as nil response from 7/3 letter and payments still being rejected by my bank

MAY

I've had Link chasing me for payment on this account which is an overdraft. I've not had any response to my CCA request - hence the reason for me not paying. Am I right in thinking that if they don't or can't supply me with a copy of the CCA then it's UE as would be for a credit card debt? Thanks

Comment

SMILE (CO-OP BANK)
                • Approx balance - £593

MAY

I've had Link chasing me for payment on this account which is an overdraft. I've not had any response to my CCA request - hence the reason for me not paying. Am I right in thinking that if they don't or can't supply me with a copy of the CCA then it's UE as would be for a credit card debt? Thanks

Comment

depends? = letter of Facility = overdraft. CCA later years???

Comment

depends? = letter of acceptance = overdraft. CCA later years???

Comment

• Thanks The Tech Clerk,

Could you please explain what you mean as I'm not clear?

I sent the CCA request as a result of Diana Mayhew's kind suggestion in my post #27

Thank you

Comment

• early overdrafts were just the letters of acceptance later came under the new rules. CCAs so if Di says CCA as you state that category okay!
                        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 5 October 2018, 07:17.

Comment

• Thank you The Tech Clerk

Well Link has not replied to my CCA request with either of those documents .. (or indeed any response for that matter!) .. so I will just assume that the debt is UE until they can send me something to prove otherwise

Comment

• they could issue proceedings, but during which they would need to supply later on

Comment

• Originally posted by F19FOX View Post
                              Could you please explain what you mean as I'm not clear?

I sent the CCA request as a result of Diana Mayhew's kind suggestion in my post #27

I'm not sure which debt is being discussed but if an arranged overdraft facility has been renewed annually since 2012 then s 78 CCA may apply (running-account credit agreement).

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                                they could issue proceedings

Not until they send the OP a formal Letter Before Claim giving them 30 days to respond.

At least that's what the new (1st October last year) Pre-Action Protocol says they should do.

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X