GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script F19FOX's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F19FOX's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F19FOX's UE diary

F19FOX's account number 1

SMILE (CO-OP BANK)
    • Type of account - Current account overdraft
    • Date commenced - 12th Jan 2000
    • Approx balance - £593
    • Date last 'full' payment - 30th Oct 2015
    • Arrangement - not paying
    • Status - defaulted 17th Jan 2017
    • Account owner - Link Financial
    OCT26/10 Advice from Stepchange (SC) to set up temporary payment arrangements of £1 with each of my creditors as my income is less than my expenses.
    30/10 Posted SC templated temporary payment arrangement letters to all creditors offering £1 per month token payments. Included budget and list of creditors.

MAR 7/3 Letter to Smile requesting them to confirm account details to make payments (£1 pm) as last two payments have been rejected by my bank
    JUN 5/6 Follow up letter to Smile again requesting bank account details as nil response from 7/3 letter and payments still being rejected by my bank

MAY
    31/5 CCA request posted to Link
    Jun 1/6 CCA request signed for receipt from Royal Mail
    22/6 SoA received from LInk Financial dated 1st June 2018

JUL 2/7 SAR letter posted to Co-op bank
    10/7 cancelled all payments as nil response to CCA request
    SEP Link - reminder notice - your payment is overdue dated 25th Sep 2018.

JUN 20/6 SOA received from link dated 31/5! Does it really take nearly a month by post?!? Filed.
    AUG
    27/8 Letter from Link dated 22nd Aug 2019 confirming the debt is UE as the Co-Op can't comply with my CCA request
    SEP
    25/9 Letter from Link chasing payment. Filed
    NOV
    21/11 Letter from Link chasing payment - filed.

JAN
    11/1 SOA received from link dated 29th Nov 2019! Filed
    FEB
    21/2 Ltr received from Link saying they have not written to me for some time as they had to validate my address! Then asking me to contact them to confirm my intentions WRT this debt. Ltr dated 17th Feb. - Filed
    MAR
    6/3 Ltr from Link dated 3rd mar 2020 wanting to talk to me - filed.
    26/3 Ltr from Link offering me a 10% discount & payment over 4 yrs - filed.
    21/5 Ltr from link offering me payment of £5.90 per month - filed.
    JUN 30/6 SOA received from Link dated 29th May 2020!! A whole month in the post!?! I don't think so somehow Link! - Filed

JAN 23/1 Ltr received from Link saying they have not written to me for some time as they had to validate my address! Then asking me to contact them to confirm my intentions WRT this debt. Ltr dated 14th Jan. - Filed
    MAY 23/5 SOA received from Link. - Filed

JAN 20/1 SOA received from link dated 26th Nov 2021! Filed
    JUL 4/7 SOA received from link dated 27th May 2022! Filed
    DEC 31/12 SOA received from link dated 25th Nov 2022 Filed

MAY 26/5 SOA received from link Filed
    NOV 24/11 SOA received from link Filed
    Last edited by F19FOX; 6 December 2023, 16:46.

F19FOX's account number 2

SMILE (CO-OP BANK)
    • Type of account - Credit card
    • Date commenced - 21st June 2006
    • Approx balance - £4,085
    • Status - defaulted 2nd Feb 2017
    OCT26/10 Advice from Stepchange (SC) to set up temporary payment arrangements of £1 with each of my creditors as my income is less than my expenses.
    30/10 Posted SC templated temporary payment arrangement letters to all creditors offering £1 per month token payments. Included budget and list of creditors.

APR 27/4 Wrote to Link to request copy of CCA
    JUN 2/6 cancelled all payments as nil response to CCA request
    JUL 2/7 SAR letter posted to Co-op bank
    SEP
    20/9 'Reminder notice - your payment is overdue' from Link dated 17/9/2018. Telling me to pay £1 immediately or payment plan will be cancelled and full balance will be due. I cant be 100% sure that they received my initial CCA request from 27/4 as stupidly did not send recorded so am going to send another one
    20/9 Requested copy of CCA. This time sent recorded delivery requiring signature

JUN 20/6 SOA received from link dated 31/5! Does it really take nearly a month by post?!? Filed.
    AUG 27/8 Letter from Link dated 22nd Aug 2019 confirming the debt is UE as the Co-Op can't comply with my CCA request
    SEP 25/9 Letter from Link chasing payment. Filed
    NOV 21/11 Letter from Link chasing payment - filed
    29/11 SOA from Link - filed.

FEB 21/2 Ltr received from Link saying they have not written to me for some time as they had to validate my address! Then asking me to contact them to confirm my intentions WRT this debt. Ltr dated 17th Feb. - Filed
    MAR 6/3 Ltr from Link dated 2nd mar 2020 wanting to speak to me - filed.
    25/3 Ltr from Link offering me a 10% discount & payment over 4 yrs - filed.
    21/5 Ltr from link offering me payment of £40.85 per month - filed.
    NOV 2/11 Ltr received from Link saying they have not written to me for some time as they had to validate my address! Then asking me to contact them to confirm my intentions WRT this debt - filed.
    11/11 Ltr from Link stating that contrary to earlier correspondence, my debt had not been assigned from Link to Asset Link Capital (No.5) Limited but had instead been assigned to LC Asset 1 S.a.r.l. - filed.

JAN 21/1 Ltr received from Link saying they have not written to me for some time as they had to validate my address! Then asking me to contact them to confirm my intentions WRT this debt. Ltr dated 13th Jan. - Filed
    JUN 21/6 SOA received dated 28/5! Really!?! - Filed

JAN 20/1 SOA received from link dated 26th Nov 2021! Filed
    JUL 4/7 SOA received from link dated 27th May 2022! Filed

JAN 30/1 SoA dated 25th Nov ! from Link - Filed.
    MAY 26/5 SOA received from link Filed
    NOV 24/11 SOA received from link Filed
    Last edited by F19FOX; 6 December 2023, 16:46.

Comment

F19FOX's account number 3

BARCLAYS
      • Date commenced - 17th July 2006
      • Approx balance - £6,019
      • Status - defaulted 27th May 2016

OCT 18/10 Posted temporary payment letter + budget + list of creditors to Link

APR
      27/4 Wrote to Link to request copy of CCA
      11/6 SAR letter posted to Barclays
      21/6 letter from Barclays 14/6 acknowledging SAR saying it usually takes up to 30 days to prepare all the info but if my request is more complex it might take up to 90 days. They will write to let me know if they think my case is more complex!
      JUL 16/7 GDPR response from Barclays. Essentially a brief cover letter with a huge pile of A5 copy statements! There are a few copy letters which were sent out to me when defaulting my account but no copies of any correspondence from me. No mention either of any correspondence whatsoever with Link Financial. Also no copy of the CCA
      25/7 Letter from Link Financial saying payment is overdue and I need to make immediate payment otherwise will cancel my repayment plan and full balance of £6,018 will be due.

30/7 Wrote to Link again to request CCA - this time with signature required so I can be sure it's received. Wrote a separate letter to Link telling them to only contact me in writing by post
      31/7 CCA Request signed for confirmation from Royal Mail

FEB 23/2 CCA response received from Link. Sent to Niddy to check over - its UE! Yay
      MAR 1/3 Letter from Link. They want to talk to me about my debt. Sorry to disappoint you Link but I don't want to talk to you Filed letter
      25/3 Letter from Link. They want me to contact them to set up a repayment plan. Very strange sentence 'we are sure there is a good reason for not making contact with us and that you intend making payments to clear the outstanding balance'. Yeah the first bit of that sentence is true Filed letter
      APR
      29/4 SOA received from Link dated 30th Mar 2019. Filed.
      JULY
      22/7 letter received from Link headed 'let us help you get back on track'.I am on track thanks - the debt is UE Filed letter
      SEP
      27/9 letter from Link offering to set me up with a DD to pay off the balance on a monthly basis. Filed letter
      OCT
      25/10 SoA received from Link dated 28th Sept 2019. Filed

FEB 21/2 Ltr received from Link saying they have not written to me for some time as they had to validate my address! Then asking me to contact them to confirm my intentions WRT this debt. Ltr dated 17th Feb. - Filed
      MAR 4/3 Ltr from Link wanting to talk to me about my repayment plans! - Filed.
      25/3 Ltr from Link offering me a 10% discount & payment over 4 yrs - filed.
      28/3 SoA received from Link - Filed
      MAY 21/5 Ltr from Link offering me to make payments of £60.18 per month. Will only take 100 months to pay off then .. Errr thanks but no thanks! - Filed
      JUN SoA dated 29th May!! received today 27th June! - Filed
      NOV SoA dated 26th Sept! received today 3rd Nov! - Filed

FEB 27/2 Ltr received from Link saying they will pass my debt to Messrs Kearns Solicitors if I don't contact them within 14 days. Ltr dated 22nd Feb. - Filed
      MAR 27/3 Ltr of claim received from Kearns Solicitors dated 17th March!!! (10 days to deliver - seriously!?!) - Filed
      MAY SoA dated 27th Mar received today 12th May! - Filed
      MAY 25/5 Ltr received from Kearns Solicitors saying account has been returned to Link! - Filed.
      JUN 10/6 Ltr received from Link asking me to get in touch - Filed.
      AUG 25/8 Ltr from Link offering me to make payments of £60.18 per month - Filed.

AUG 24/8 Ltr from Moorcroft - Filed.
      SEP 1/9 Ltr from Moorcroft - Filed.
      SEP 15/9 Ltr from Moorcroft - Filed.
      OCT 1/10 Ltr from Moorcroft - Filed.
      OCT 15/10 Ltr from Moorcroft - Filed.
      OCT 29/10 SoA dated 24th Sept from Link - Filed.
      DEC 19/12 Ltr from Moorcroft - Filed.

FEB 17/2 Ltr from Link xfer back from Moorcroft - Filed.
      Mar 13/3 Link letter - Filed
      Mar 25/3 Link SOA - Filed
      Oct 23/9 Link SOA - Filed
      Last edited by F19FOX; 12 October 2023, 18:57.

Comment

F19FOX's account number 4

SANTANDER - ORIGINALLY ABBEY
        • Date commenced - 11th May 2009
        • Approx balance - £4,205
        • Status - defaulted 6th May 2016
        • Account owner - Santander
        7/11 Letter from Santander saying I have missed payment
        13/11 Resent temporary payment letter + budget + list of creditors

APR 27/4 Wrote to Santander to request copy of CCA
        MAY20/5 I am pretty sure this was originally an Abbey credit card which was later rebranded to Santander. Thanks for the memory nudge Di?
        25/5 SAR letter posted to Santander
        25/5 6 monthly statement received from Santander
        29/5 SAR request signed for receipt from Royal Mail
        5/6 letter received from Santander acknowledging my SAR letter + committing to providing the information within 28 days
        29/6 SAR response received from Santander. Comprising - cover letter (headed DPA 1988! Have they not heard of GDPR?), one pager credit agreement, one page DDM and 4 pages of transactions. Very surprised that there were no statements (even though I have received several from them previously) and no credit report which I requested in my SAR letter to them. Also interesting the credit agreement is in the name of Abbey!

SEP 22/9 letter received from Santander dated 17th Sept saying my account will now be managed by Robinson Way and to please speak to them from now on about my account. They will have a long wait ?
        OCT 1/10 ltr received from Robinson Way dated 26th Sept confirming they are now managing my debt and asking me to contact them to agree an affordable plan .. blah blah blah ..ZZZZZZZZZZZZ
        26/10 CCA response received back from Santander dated 23rd Oct. Niddy says it's enforceable ?
        27/10 letter received from Robbers Way dated 22nd Oct asking me to contact them blah blah blah ..
        NOV 25/11 SOA received from Santander
        DEC 24/12 letter received from Robbers Way dated 19th dec 2018 saying help available- balance reduction offer but no actual offer and instead asking me to call them. Filed.

APR 15/4 Letter from Santander saying my account is now being managed by Drydensfairfax Solicitors. Interestingly the contact number they have given to call them starts with 0133 (ie an invalid code!) so I couldn't call them even if I wanted to .. which of course I don't! Filed.
        MAY 1/5 Letter from Drydensfairfax Solicitors dated 26th April asking me to contact them to make payment + I should not underestimate the seriousness of this matter! Filed.
        17/5 Letter from Drydensfairfax Solicitors dated 13th May demanding that I make payment of full balance within 7 days to avoid further action. Filed.
        JUNE 1/6 Letter from Drydensfairfax Solicitors dated 29th May saying their client may offer me a substantial discount and this offer expires 12th June. Filed.
        NOV
        26/11 SOA from Santander - filed.

MAY 26/5 SoA from Santander - Filed.
        NOV 26/11 SoA from Santander - Filed.

NOV 26/11 SoA from Santander - Filed.

NOV 23/11 Refund to A/C letter Santander - Filed.

NOV 26/5 SoA from Santander - Filed.
        Last edited by F19FOX; 6 December 2023, 16:47.

Comment

F19FOX's account number 5

MBNA - ORIGINALLY VIRGIN
          • Date commenced - 14th Nov 2008
          • Approx balance - £15,242
          • Status - defaulted 31st May 2016
          • Account owner - PRA Group
          5/11 Letter from MBNA saying I have missed payment
          13/11 Resent temporary payment letter + budget + list of creditors

JULDebt assigned to PRA Group
          AUG 4/8 Posted temporary payment letter + budget + list of creditors to MBNA (Bromley address)
          11/8 Posted temporary payment letter + budget + list of creditors to MBNA (Kilmarnock address)

NOV 10/11 Letter received out of the blue from PRA offering me a FFS of £9147.45. A good offer but I had insufficient funds to accept it or even make a lower counter offer so has expired.

APR 27/4 Wrote to PRA to request copy of CCA.
          MAY 2/5 Letter from PRA to confirm receipt of CCA request + account placed on hold until further notice.
          JUN 2/6 cancelled all payments as account on hold awaiting CCA from PRA
          8/6 SAR letter posted to MBNA
          19/6 voicemail message received from MBNA asking me to call them regarding correspondence recently received from me. This must be in relation to my SAR letter. Also to note MBNA called me from a withheld number so I was unable to block it!
          21/6 after dodging calls from MBNA for two days running they caught me unawares today. It was a brief call to confirm my identity and to say that as some of my SAR information may be recordings of calls then they will email that to me.
          JUL 10/7 I've been dodging MBNA calls the past couple of days and today they caught me again. Another private caller on my mobile this time. It was however a very brief call to ask me if my DSAR (I'm assuming that is the same as a SAR?) was what I actually wanted or was it for PPI? I confirmed yes I wanted SAR and no its not for PPI. He then said he would send me the info I had requested and that there was quite a lot of it ... I wait to see ..
          11/7 SAR/GDPR data received from MBNA via email. There are a lot of documents including statements, copies of letters, CCA. No mention tho of any contact from PRA to request CCA.

AUG 11/8 Letter received from PRA in response to my CCA request. Have enclosed a copy statement from 13th May 2015 and that's it! Letter does say they are awaiting further documents in order to complete my request and that the debt is currently UE.
          13/8 Letter received from PRA dated 10th Aug 2018 with copy of CCA asking me to 'contact them within 10 days of receipt of the letter to discuss my account with me and come to a mutually acceptable agreement'.

13/8 Emailed copy of CCA to Niddy for his opinion.
          15/8 NID says it's enforceable
          15/8 SoA and FFS offer received from PRA dated 9th Aug 2018. They are offering me a 10% discount to settle if I pay by 6th Sep 2018! Very odd given that back in Nov 2017 they had offered me a 40% discount I thought the way these things were meant to go was that the discount offers got better not worse!
          17/10 FFS offer letter (10% woo-hoo) received dated 12th Oct. Filed
          DEC 19/12 FFS offer letter 20% off received dated 14th Dec. Filed

Mar 5/3 FFS offer letter 20% off received dated 1st Mar. Filed
          Apr 4/4 FFS offer letter 20% off received dated 1st Apr. Filed
          May 8/5 FFS offer letter 20% off received dated 30th Apr. Filed
          Jun 26/6 FFS offer letter 10% off received dated 21st Jun. Another PRA offer that doesn't make sense! I've made no payments now for a year and yet the settlement offer is now less 'generous' than it was! Crazy PRA! Filed
          Aug 7/8 FFS offer letter 10% off received dated 2nd Aug. Filed
          SEP 9/9 account summary with FFS offer letter 20% off received dated 5th Sep. Filed
          OCT 25/10 FFS offer letter 20% off. Filed
          NOV 29/11 FFS offer letter 20% off. Filed

Mar 3/3 Letter from PRA Group saying account being transferred to Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd. Filed
          Mar 18/3 Letter from Moorcroft introducing themselves as collection agents for PRA. Filed
          Mar 26/3 Letter from Moorcroft. Filed
          Apr 7/4 account summary received from PRA. Filed
          Apr 9/4 Offer letter from Moorcroft. Filed
          Apr 23/4 Offer letter from Moorcroft. Filed
          May 7/5 Offer letter from Moorcroft. Filed
          Jun 20/6 Letter from Moorcroft. Filed

Jan 18/1 FFS Offer letter from PRA. Filed
          Jan 18/1 Account transferred to PRA Group UK Portfolios Ltd. Filed
          Last edited by F19FOX; 25 January 2024, 11:45.

Comment

F19FOX's account number 6

MBNA - ORIGINALLY PLAY.COM
            • Date commenced - 21st July 2010
            • Approx balance - £19,665
            • Status - defaulted 31st May 2016
            • Account owner - PRA Group

JUL
            Debt assigned to PRA Group
            AUG 4/8 Posted temporary payment letter + budget + list of creditors to MBNA (Bromley address)
            11/8 Posted temporary payment letter + budget + list of creditors to MBNA (Kilmarnock address)

APR 27/4 Wrote to PRA to request copy of CCA.
            MAY 2/5 Letter from PRA to confirm receipt of CCA request + account placed on hold until further notice.
            JUN 2/6 cancelled all payments as account on hold awaiting CCA from PRA
            8/6 SAR letter posted to MBNA
            19/6 voicemail message received from MBNA asking me to call them regarding correspondence recently received from me. This must be in relation to my SAR letter. Also to note MBNA called me from a withheld number so I was unable to block it!
            21/6 after dodging calls from MBNA for two days running they caught me unawares today. It was a brief call to confirm my identity and to say that as some of my SAR information may be recordings of calls then they will email that to me.
            JUL 10/7 I've been dodging MBNA calls the past couple of days and today they caught me again. Another private caller on my mobile this time. It was however a very brief call to ask me if my DSAR (I'm assuming that is the same as a SAR?) was what I actually wanted or was it for PPI? I confirmed yes I wanted SAR and no its not for PPI. He then said he would send me the info I had requested and that there was quite a lot of it ... I wait to see ..
            11/7 SAR/GDPR data received from MBNA via email. There are a lot of documents including statements, copies of letters, CCA. No mention tho of any contact from PRA to request CCA.

AUG 8/8 Letter received from PRA in response to my CCA request. Have enclosed a copy statement from 19th May 2016 and that's it! Letter does say they are awaiting further documents in order to complete my request and that the debt is currently UE.
            11/8 Letter received from PRA dated 6th Aug 2018 with copy of CCA asking me to 'contact them within 10 days of receipt of the letter to discuss my account with me and come to a mutually acceptable agreement'.

12/8 Emailed copy of CCA to Niddy for his opinion.
            13/8 NID says it's enforceable
            15/8 SoA and FFS offer received from PRA dated 9th Aug 2018. They are offering me a 10% discount to settle if I pay by 6th Sep 2018!
            SEP 14/9 Discounted offer letter received from PRA dated 11th Sept 2018. They are offering me 10% discount if I settle by one off payment or I can spread it over 3 months or 6 months paying slightly more. What a great offer! ..... Not!
            17/10 FFS offer letter (10% woo-hoo) received dated 12th Oct
            . Filed
            DEC12/12 FFS offer letter (now 20% discount) received dated 7th Dec. Filed

Mar 5/3 FFS offer letter 20% off received dated 1st Mar. Filed
            Apr 4/4 FFS offer letter 20% off received dated 1st Apr. Filed
            May 9/5 FFS offer letter 20% off received dated 3rd May. Filed
            June 13/6 FFS offer letter 20% off received dated 7th June. Filed
            Aug 7/8 FFS offer letter 20% off received dated 2nd Aug. Filed
            SEP 9/9 account summary with FFS offer letter 40% off received dated 5th Sep. Filed
            OCT 25/10 FFS offer letter 40% off. Filed
            NOV 29/11 FFS offer letter 40% off. Filed

Jan 23/1 FFS Offer letter from PRA. Filed
            Jan 23/1 Account transferred to PRA Group UK Portfolios Ltd. Filed
            Last edited by F19FOX; 27 January 2024, 10:19.

Comment

F19FOX's account number 7

TESCO
              • Date commenced - 22nd Nov 2011
              • Approx balance - £10,641
              • Arrangement - Not paying
              • Status - defaulted 9th March 2016
              • Account owner - Intrum UK Finance Limited

APR 27/4 Wrote to Tesco to request copy of CCA.
              MAY 14/5 Letter from Tesco with CCA documents.
              MAY 20/5 CCA documents sent to Niddy to check for enforceability.
              22/5 Niddy says its enforecable No real surprise especially as its my newest debt but I really value his expert opinion. Thanks Niddy

22/5 Continue to pay token payments of £1pm and see if anything else develops
              JUN
              6/6 text received from tesco requesting me to contact them urgently - guessing its for my annual review!
              7/6 Letter from Tesco saying time for a review, my current arrangement has come to an end and that if they don't hear from me then they will continue on the same arrangement as before!
              .. So no change then
              DEC13/12 Letter from Tesco 7th Dec 2018 requesting review but also stating if I don't contact them then will continue on same arrangement. So continuing with £1 per month then! ..

Jan 8/1 Letter from Tesco requesting review but if I don't contact them then will remain on same arrangement as present. Filed.
              Feb 3/2 correspondence received from Tesco & Intrum all in same envelope dated 30th Jan 2020 informing me that Intrum UK Finance Limited is now the new legal owner. I've decided therefore to stop my £1 token payments from today. Filed paperwork
              Mar 5/3 Letter from Intrum dated 2nd mar 2020 chasing to set up payment plan. Filed
              11/3 Letter from Intrum telling me to get in touch in the next 10 days. Filed
              23/3 Letter from Intrum saying they may take legal action if I don't get in touch. Filed
              31/3 Letter from Intrum asking me to get in touch & tell them what I can afford. Filed
              APR 13/4 Letter from Intrum wanting me to set up payment plan - Filed.
              22/4 Letter from Intrum saying they may take legal action if I don't get in touch. Filed
              MAY 4/5 Letter from Intrum saying they are thinking of taking me to court. Filed
              11/5 Letter from Intrum saying 'would I like a discount without taking me to court?'. Filed
              20/5 Letter from Intrum saying they are planning to hand my account over to their legal team. Filed
              JUNE 1/6 Letter from Intrum legal dept saying they will pass my account to solicitors if I fail to get in touch within 10 days. Filed.
              OCT 26/10 Letter from Intrum legal dept saying they will pass my account to solicitors if I fail to get in touch within 10 days. Filed.
              NOV 12/11 Letter from Intrum legal dept saying they have transferred my account to Judge & Priestley LLP to pursue the debt. Filed.
              17/11 Letter from Judge & Priestley solicitors sent in compliance with the Pre-Action Protocol on Debt Claims giving me 30 days to respond. Filed.
              21/11 SAR request posted to Tesco
              DEC 24/12 SAR response received from Tesco dated 21/12. Filed

Jan 5/1 Letter from Intrum - annual statement. Filed.

Jan 13/1 Letter from Intrum - annual statement. Filed.
              Mar 29/3 Letter from Intrum transfer of account to J&P. Filed.
              Mar 31/3 Letter of Claim from Judge & Priestley solicitors. Filed.

Jan 18/1 Letter from Intrum - annual statement. Filed.

Jan 18/1 Letter from Intrum - annual statement. Filed.
              Last edited by F19FOX; 25 January 2024, 11:37.

Comment

You’ve finally arrived despite technical problems earlier

I’ll take a peek at your overall situation tomorrow.

Di

Comment

Thanks Di

Indeed I have arrived. I hope what I have written makes sense and please do let me know if you need any further information or if you need any older 'events' posting in the diaries. I am just about to send a copy of the CCA to Niddy for the Tesco debt and will confirm that with a new event in the diary.

Thanks again Di and I look forward to any comments you may have

Comment

Originally posted by F19FOX View Post
                    F19FOX's account number 4

SANTANDER
                    • Date commenced - 11th May 2009
                    • Approx balance - £4,294
                    • Arrangement - £1 per month
                    • Status - defaulted 6th May 2016
                    • Account owner - Santander
                    APR 17/4 Wrote to Santander to request copy of CCA

Did this Santander credit card start life as Santander or could it have been an Alliance & Leicester or Abbey account bought by Santander?

Or even a credit card account owned by G E Money who had acquired numerous store cards around that time?

A lot of emphasis is placed on whether a credit agreement is compliant, but there are others reasons to make a debt unenforceable and one of them is problems with the assignment chain.

Di

Comment

Hi Di,

Thanks for your comments - that has given me much to consider. Although I cant find any record of it I am pretty sure that my Santander card started out as an Abbey credit card and was later re-branded under the Santander name.

However what I am 100% certain of is that my two MBNA credit cards were both rebranded - one was originally Virgin and the other Play.com. Hopefully this is significant and helps!

I will update the account posts to reflect these 'former lives' along with some additional history on the timelines so you can have a better picture of what's happened.

Thanks again

Comment

It is always useful to know exactly who had the debt originally. Sometimes when they recon they get it wrong. Also, it seems maybe Santander do not sell on debts let's hope they do not follow through with action. I have a santander od

Comment

Thanks - I had no idea that was the case until Di mentioned it in her post to me.

With regards Santander and selling on. I cant find it ATM but my Santander account was handed to Wescot to manage. I never hear anything from them tho and think they must have now handed it back to Santander because I get statements sent periodically directly from Santander. Also I believe Wescot dont actually buy debts, they only manage on behalf of the lender

Comment

Originally posted by F19FOX View Post
                            F19FOX's account number 5

MBNA - ORIGINALLY VIRGIN[LIST][*]Type of account - Credit card[*]Date commenced - 14th Nov 2008[*]Approx balance - £15,242[*]Date last 'full' payment - 30th Oct 2015[*]Arrangement - £1 per month[*]Status - defaulted 31st May 2016[*]Account owner - PRA Group

Are you certain this Virgin account was opened in 2008 not 2007?

There's a thread on here about Virgin credit cards but it may not be applicable to your situation > https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...-unenforceable

It seems MBNA were happy to accept £1 per month token payments on this £15k debt which would take 1,270 years to clear at that rate. When was it assigned (sold) to PRA and what has been their approach towards you since then?

Di

Comment

Hi Di

Thanks for your comments and and queries on the Virgin account. According to my credit report the account was opened on 14th Nov 2008. However I didn't keep the original paperwork (never thought I'd need it ) but I do remember being written to at some point saying MBNA was taking over the account. I dont know how these things get recorded on credit files but might 14th Nov 2008 be the date which MBNA took it over from Virgin or would that be the date I opened the account with Virgin? I have requested the CCA but as yet it's not been sent to me from PRA so maybe this will clarify things further .. or not..

Yes I know I think I might be dead way before the debt ever gets paid but hey the other MBNA card would take even longer to pay off and they have accepted the payment plan for that one too at £1 per month.

What is interesting though is that for the Virgin card, PRA did write to me out of the blue and offered me a FFS for £9147.45. Which is a big discount. I didnt have the funds to pay it so that has now expired. PRA took over the debt from MBNA in July 2016 and the FFS settlement offer was made by PRA on 10th Nov 2017. I have not had a similar FFS offer from PRA for the other MBNA debt - so maybe they believe the Virgin debt is UE?!? I will update my diary entry now so that all this info is in one place on the Virgin account post,

I'd be very interested to hear your further thoughts

Many thanks Di

Comment

Working...
                              X