GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My debt diary - february17 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My debt diary - february17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by February17 View Post
    Card 3
    Barclaycard 2
    account opened 2008
    balance approx £7000

I paid reduced payments from March 2017 until December 2017 when Barclays sold to PRA, I then stopped paying.
    December 2017 - sent CCA request to PRA
    December 2017 - reply from PRA that they will request information from Barclays.
    March 2018 - Not received any copy agreement or anything for this account yet from PRA.
    PRA phone Monthly, I politely remind them I am still waiting for my CCA request and they put the account on hold again, they have been pleasant so far.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    May 2018 - Still no agreement.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    September 2018 - Still no agreement received for this one.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    October 2018 - Received a letter from Barclaycard with a small refund to my account.

It says 'Following a recent review of our operating procedures we have identified that for customers who had fallen behind with their payments we did not always meet our expected standards'

A refund of a few hundred pounds has been made to the balance that PRA group have.

Makes me suspicious as to why Barclaycard would be looking at my accounts again when sold on ages ago to PRA.

Also still no agreement of any kind obtained by PRA to my CCA request
    ----------------------------------------------------

Update March 2019:
    PRA have now sent a reconstituted agreement. Took 15 months to produce it.

Basically a blank piece of paper that says ' YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL: Once you have signed etc,etc', No signature just that blank page and then two separate terms and conditions from 2007 and 2014.
    I will email this to Niddy for checking.

March 2019 and PRA have sent a reconstituted agreement, I will send to Niddy for checking.
    This is a Barclaycard from 2008 and the balance is now about £6800 as there was a part refund of a few hundred £ from Barclays sent to PRA, so they say.

(All my figures I post are approximate to make it hard for anyone reading this forum from PRA to match figures here to any real data they have)

Comment

webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Tech Clark, I emailed Niddy on Thursday the 21st and will wait for a response.

Comment

Niddy replied to my email last week and confirms this is unenforceable as no signed agreement.

That is what I was hoping for as it took Barclays ages to cobble something together and send to PRA.

This is for a Barclays credit card that was opened in 2008 so does it need a signed document to be enforceable or will reconstituted be enough, just double checking

I remember reading that post 2007 was different to pre 2007.

Thanks.

Comment

The phone calls from PRA started again in mid March most evenings for a month that I ignored as I was out working.

This week in late April the phone calls have stopped?

Will wait and see what's next...

Comment

just checking my post appears as the one I made yesterday didn't appear.

Comment

pre 2007 actual signed copy of original, after copy only, but still had??? was this it if so you did not complete post??
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

PRA have sent a reconstituted agreement, I will send to Niddy for checking.
                  This is a Barclaycard from 2008 and the balance is now about £6800 as there was a part refund of a few hundred £ from Barclays sent to PRA, so they say.

Barclaycard owed that refund money to you not PRA!

I can see that Niddy has subsequently said that the recon credit agreement produced by PRA is unenforceable, but keep that Barclays refund letter safe in case things change in the future.

Di

Comment

That's what I thought Di, it is annoying.

The SAR request I made to Barclays has arrived and one of the entries shows this as " REMEDIATION CR- £ <the amount in pounds and pence> "

So the credit is there on the account notes for the refund but not refunded to me.

Comment

Card 2
                      Barclaycard 1 - was an Egg card
                      Account opened in 1998
                      balance approx £9000

I paid reduced payments between March 2017 and December 2017 to Barclays until Barclays sold the account to PRA in early December 2017 so I stopped paying.
                      December 2017 - requested CCA from PRA
                      February 2018 - received details from PRA that they had obtained from Barclaycard. No signed agreement, just terms and conditions and what looks like some copy statements.
                      14th March 2018 - scanned and emailing to Niddy for his opinion.
                      23rd March - Niddy replied - this is unenforceable as no signed agreement

May 2018 - email received from PRA offering 10% off

September 2018 - regular phone call on weekday evenings between 8pm and 9pm - I don't answer.

October 2018 - Received a letter from Barclaycard with a small refund to my account.

It says 'Following a recent review of our operating procedures we have identified that for customers who had fallen behind with their payments we did not always meet our expected standards'

A refund of a few hundred pounds has been made to the balance that PRA group have.

Makes me suspicious as to why Barclaycard would be looking at my accounts again when sold on ages ago to PRA.

May 2019 - I requested SAR from Barclays and the information in the SAR shows that PRA where told by Barclays that there is no copy of original agreement on microfilm

The last response to PRA on the SAR clearly states ' RESPONSE: INFORMED PRA THAT COPY APP IS NOT AVAILABLE "

May 2019
                      Last edited by February17; 18 May 2019, 12:42.

Comment

Card 2
                        Barclaycard 1 - was an Egg card
                        Account opened in 1998
                        balance approx £9000

I paid reduced payments between March 2017 and December 2017 to Barclays until Barclays sold the account to PRA in early December 2017 so I stopped paying.
                        December 2017 - requested CCA from PRA
                        February 2018 - received details from PRA that they had obtained from Barclaycard. No signed agreement, just terms and conditions and what looks like some copy statements.
                        14th March 2018 - scanned and emailing to Niddy for his opinion.
                        23rd March - Niddy replied - this is unenforceable as no signed agreement

May 2019 - I requested SAR from Barclays and the information in the SAR shows that PRA where told by Barclays that there is no copy of original agreement on microfilm
                        The last response to PRA on the SAR clearly states ' RESPONSE: INFORMED PRA THAT COPY APP IS NOT AVAILABLE "

Perhaps the reason Barclaycard told PRA that a copy of your original application was unavailable is because you never made an application to Barclaycard - you opened your original account with Egg

Di

Comment

That's what I thought, it was originally an Egg not Barclays, although Barclays must know it was an Egg card, maybe not....

PRA have been told by Barclays that there is no original application available so that is good I think

An entry on the logs in SAR shows where Barclays contacted 'Iron Mountain' (microfilm I think ) and the response is ' No Trace'

I feel better about this account now as it is £9000

Comment

More discount letters have arrived from PRA

Previous letters received ages ago offered 10% discount with 90% to pay

The latest batch of letters have increased the discount to 20% with 80% to pay.

Will file these away as that discount wont tempt me

Comment

August 2019 update,

More PRA discount letters offering 20% discount, pay 80% - filed away,

Also received emails offering the same.

They will know I received and opened these emails as there is a gif that loads from a long custom url when the HTML email opens. Sneaky ;-)
                              Last edited by February17; 8 August 2019, 10:55.

Comment

August 2019 update,
                                More PRA discount letters offering 20% discount, pay 80% - filed away,
                                Also received emails offering the same.
                                They will know I received and opened these emails as there is a gif that loads from a long custom url when the HTML email opens. Sneaky ;-)
                                Although its tempting to open these emails why not mark them as SPAM.
                                Cut off PRA's communication options leaving them only with Snail Mail!

Comment

Working...
                                X