GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My debt diary - february17 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My debt diary - february17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by February17 View Post
    Hello Di,

Yes my post disappeared and so have my edits to my posts in this thread. Sure someone will fix it soon.
    Sadly your browser was caching the old site so you actually posted on the old forum in between the actual swap.

Sadly those posts are condigned to the bin. Never to be seen again

essentially this occurs because when we swapped the dns, some users were connecting to the old site (cached browsers) whilst ya who don’t use cache came here, fine. We can’t really avoid this other than deleting the old version before switch. Can’t risk that in case the switch failed in which case we’d then be forum-less.

Apologies for any lost posts. We count less than 12 in total which isn’t bad really.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Pleased the forum is fixed now , I know how challenging it can be moving websites and DNS changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Your email has arrived safely

Di
        Hello Di,

It has been a quick month since I spoke to you on the phone, just a quick post to say thanks for your advice which was much appreciated.

Comment

In September 2018 a new search appeared on my Credit File with an entry " MACKENZIE HALL - KILMARNOCK (BAT for Other "
          I guess this is something to do with PRA doing some digging ?
          Maybe things are about to get hot.

Comment

In September 2018 a new search appeared on my Credit File with an entry " MACKENZIE HALL - KILMARNOCK (BAT for Other "
            I guess this is something to do with PRA doing some digging ?
            Maybe things are about to get hot.
            Sorry I didn't pick this one up.
            Well here is Mackenzie Hall FCA search

https://register.fca.org.uk/shpo_sea...=3wq1nht7eg7tr
            Here is their entry
            http://fca-consumer-credit-interim.f...rSearchPageNew

I would make a special note of the following on that Page
            There is a Requirement linked to this permission. Please see
            < http://www.fca.org.uk/your-fca/docum...e-hall-limited >
            to view details

"..REQUIREMENTS IMPOSED BY THE OFFICE OF FAIR TRADING ('OFT') PURSUANT TO SECTION 33A AND SECTION 33D(4) OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974 ('the Act')
            REQUIREMENTS RELATING TO:
            MACKENZIE HALL LIMITED (Consumer Credit Licence Number 544407}, registered office address: 58 Portland Street, Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire, KA 1 1 JG
            THE OFT REQUIRES AS FOLLOWS:
            .." ..etc.

Wait and see what happens BUT worth filing the above information

Comment

Hello Di,

It has been a quick month since I spoke to you on the phone, just a quick post to say thanks for your advice which was much appreciated.

You're welcome

Di

Comment

An update,
                October 2018 - Received letters from Barclaycard with a small refund to both my old Barclaycard accounts, I edited my earlier posts to show these.

The letters say 'Following a recent review of our operating procedures we have identified that for customers who had fallen behind with their payments we did not always meet our expected standards'

A refund of a few hundred pounds has been made to the balance that PRA group have for both of the Barclaycard accounts.

Makes me suspicious as to why Barclaycard would be looking at my accounts again when sold on ages ago to PRA ?

Comment

An update,
                  October 2018 - Received letters from Barclaycard with a small refund to both my old Barclaycard accounts, I edited my earlier posts to show these.

The letters say 'Following a recent review of our operating procedures we have identified that for customers who had fallen behind with their payments we did not always meet our expected standards'

A refund of a few hundred pounds has been made to the balance that PRA group have for both of the Barclaycard accounts.

Makes me suspicious as to why Barclaycard would be looking at my accounts again when sold on ages ago to PRA ?
                  Was this money sent to you or PRA. Its not clear from your Entry.
                  Please look here at Jo's comment https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...t-hokker-acc-1

Comment

Hello Roger,
                    The refund amount was sent to PRA so the letters from Barclays say
                    These are two ex Barclays credit card accounts that PRA are trying to collect.

Comment

A question for those more experienced than me.

The phone calls from PRA are regular and often when I am working or in an evening, I have been ignoring them for months.
                      Also I receive letters asking me to settle offering a very slight discount, no where near enough discount to tempt me.

Should I send a 'missing prescribed terms' letter for each account that Niddy's advice says not enforceable or is that not a good idea ?

I am thinking that this may at least make PRA know why I am ignoring them and may lead to lower Settlement offers as I could raise some funds if needed to settle at a small percentage.

Thanks for any help.

Comment

Wonder if this is behind the
                        Mackenzie Hall FCA
                        search?
                        Well see here https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...96#post1517696
                        "..
                        B'card advise that FCA have approved the payment of the the refund to debt owners ie .payment made to the account. Also advised that B'card had made payments across the board rather than look at individual circumstances .."

Was this amount shown as separate refunds for each account? Or a lump sum?
                        Your Diary entries
                        1/ £9000 was Egg 1998
                        2/£7000 Barclaycard

I note you haven't yet received response for S.77/78 CCA as yet.

I should file that letter away very carefully. There seems to be issues here which might be legally contentious! That letter might become important at some point in the Future!

As regards PRA's phone Calls
                        Make a note of these (time date etc..) and then send the AAD harassment letter in the first instance.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                          ."

Was this amount shown as separate refunds for each account? Or a lump sum?
                          Your Diary entries
                          1/ £9000 was Egg 1998
                          2/£7000 Barclaycard
                          Hello Roger,
                          A separate refund amount for each of the two ex Barclays accounts was refunded back to PRA, so two letters from Barclays and two refunds to different PRA account numbers.
                          I do keep all letters carefully and scan them and also keep a log of phone calls

Comment

A question for those more experienced than me.
                            The phone calls from PRA are regular and often when I am working or in an evening, I have been ignoring them for months.
                            Also I receive letters asking me to settle offering a very slight discount, no where near enough discount to tempt me.

Should I send a 'missing prescribed terms' letter for each account that Niddy's advice says not enforceable or is that not a good idea ?
                            I am thinking that this may at least make PRA know why I am ignoring them and may lead to lower Settlement offers as I could raise some funds if needed to settle at a small percentage.
                            Thanks for any help.
                            PRA want you to engage with you! This is what DCA`S do! So don't write to them at this moment!

How will PRA react to these Barclays funds!!!! Remember Jo`s comment! Wait and see what their reaction may or may not be!!
                            I would wait and see what PRA do or don't do next!

If the Calls continue then send the harassment AAD letter!!

Comment

Thanks for your help Roger.

I have another thread in the AAD+ area here if anyone wants to read it.

https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/a...y-in-our-house

Life is going well this year which I am not used to after so many years of struggling.

Comment

I expect PRA know jolly well why you're ignoring them since they've sent you unenforceable credit agreements in response to your s 77-79 CCA Requests

I wouldn't send them a letter saying the agreements were missing the prescribed terms in case it only encourages them to source or reconstitute a better version. Never tell them anything which could help them to remedy a flaw.

Di
                                Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 28 November 2018, 14:05. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                                X