GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My debt diary - february17 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My debt diary - february17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really mind the emails, they also send letters, I will battle them when the time comes.

The wording of the emails has changed from offering discounts to this :

If we have sent you a letter or called you, it means that Barclaycard has sold your account to us.

The contractual agreement you had with Barclaycard has been transferred to us.

Our website will help you understand the process, your options, and how we are committed to working with you to find a solution.

There doesn't appear to be any historical ' Contractual Agreement' available for this account they say they have bought

I will wait and see what is next, I am working really hard and have built a really good emergency fund which is great.

Comment

Originally posted by February17 View Post
      I don't really mind the emails, they also send letters, I will battle them when the time comes.

If we have sent you a letter or called you, it means that Barclaycard has sold your account to us.

Our website will help you understand the process, your options, and how we are committed to working with you to find a solution.

There doesn't appear to be any historical ' Contractual Agreement' available for this account they say they have bought

I will wait and see what is next, I am working really hard and have built a really good emergency fund which is great.
      But if you open/read the email!!! They will probably know.
      Better to mark them as spam! Snail Mail only is the AAD way

There has to be a letter of Assignment - otherwise any tom dick or harry could write and claim they owned the account!
      Contractual Agreement nice words BUT A Consumer Credit Agreement is what is required!
      This means a CCA s.77/78 request plus £1

Snail-mail is the requiste not Email, SMS , phone etc..
      Last edited by Roger; 15 October 2019, 14:18.

Comment

PRA have been told by Barclays that there is no original application available so that is good I think

An entry on the logs in SAR shows where Barclays contacted 'Iron Mountain' (microfilm I think ) and the response is ' No Trace'

I feel better about this account now as it is £9000

I've just spotted the reference to "Iron Mountain" in your post.

This was a storage facility warehouse fire which destroyed thousands of documents which were stored by banks etc. It was in 2006 which was after your account which was opened in 1998, so maybe your credit agreement literally went up in flames

Link > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/5175568.stm

Di

Comment

Thanks Di, That explains it and might be useful information in the future.

Comment

Have you heard anything recently from PRA for this £9k Barclaycard which was originally an Egg credit card?

Di

Comment

Hello Di,

Lots of phone calls from PRA 6 days per week anytime between 08:00 and 20:00 , I don't answer them. One call every day.

Also occasionally letters offering 20% discount, 80% to pay - not enough discount to tempt me.

Nothing serious received yet.

Thanks

Comment

Hello Di,

Lots of phone calls from PRA 6 days per week anytime between 08:00 and 20:00 , I don't answer them. One call every day.

Also occasionally letters offering 20% discount, 80% to pay - not enough discount to tempt me.

Nothing serious received yet.

I do hope this is still the case (i.e. nothing serious received) since PRA have recently been issuing loads of claims for ex-Barclaycard debts.

Post on your thread if you receive a Letter of Claim from them.

Fingers crossed this won’t happen to you, but don’t take your eye off the ball just in case.

Di

Comment

Hello Di,

All is quiet, daily phone calls from PRA that I ignore.

The discount to settle that PRA are offering on MBNA account is now 40% discount, pay 60%, still not enough discount to tempt me

I cant believe that it has been 3 years since this debt journey started and still not paid anything to PRA for 3 accounts.

Thanks.

Comment

My work situation has improved greatly in the last few years.

I do multiple IT contracting jobs, sometimes work 26 hour days but it has been worth it as I am now accepted in a team of contractors that work in the banking sector.

I have been able to pay off all my business overdraft and borrowing etc, have business accounts with positive balance for the first time ever.

I have a good emergency fund in a personal account for settling debts or fighting legal proceedings.

So for the first time in years I am not panicking too much about debt and we have food in the cupboards

Comment

Hello Di,

I cant believe that it has been 3 years since this debt journey started and still not paid anything to PRA for 3 accounts.

. . . which total £35k

If they haven't issued legal proceedings against you (and they're not SB yet so there's still time for them to pounce) it may be because they know they haven't got a legal leg to stand on.

Just remember you never borrowed any money from PRA, and they never leant you a penny.

Fingers crossed for you.

Di

Comment

I chose my forum name February17 as that is when I stopped paying most of my cards as was inspired by reading user January 2015 forum posts
                        Three years into your unenforceable journey and it's looking good.

You're about halfway to the Statute Barred goal.

Keep going

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Just remember you never borrowed any money from PRA, and they never leant you a penny.

Di
                          That's how I always think of this

Comment

June 2020 Update.

Nothing has really changed, daily phone calls from PRA that I ignore and emails offering 40% discount, pay the 60% - no thanks PRA that's not enough discount to tempt me.

I have been working hard, not spending at all and have some money in the bank, me and my wife are both well so life is good right now.

Comment

June 2020 Update.

Nothing has really changed, daily phone calls from PRA that I ignore and emails offering 40% discount, pay the 60% - no thanks PRA that's not enough discount to tempt me.

I have been working hard, not spending at all and have some money in the bank, me and my wife are both well so life is good right now.
                              glad to hear you are well and life is good. long may it continue
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X