GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Marly Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marly Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Roger,

All 3 of the letters have the Halifax logo, the 1st they put no figure on, the 2nd they said it had been assigned from Halifax, and the 3rd says Bank of Scotland has assigned.

All 3 of the letters (none of which were in the SAR) state 1st credit (finance) uk ltd as the owner and data controller, and 1st credit Ltd has been assigned to handle account. 1st Credit (finance) used to be on noddle report.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post
      Hmmm. That's interesting.
      What did the Notice of Assignment say about who owns this debt?
      This may/may not indicate assignment issues. And FCA licensing issues too.
      Di
      Originally posted by Marly View Post
      Hi Roger,
      All 3 of the letters have the Halifax logo, the 1st they put no figure on, the 2nd they said it had been assigned from Halifax, and the 3rd says Bank of Scotland has assigned.
      All 3 of the letters (none of which were in the SAR) state 1st credit (finance) uk ltd as the owner and data controller, and 1st credit Ltd has been assigned to handle account. 1st Credit (finance) used to be on noddle report.
      As Di pointed out there are FCA licensing issues and possible assignment issues.

1st Credit (Finance) Limited FCA Permission Ended 30/09/2015

Comment

• 1st credit from 1st March is now owned by Intrum Justitia I believe
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
          1st credit from 1st March is now owned by Intrum Justitia I believe
          There is a certain irony here the Intrum Justitia Limited FCA Permission Ended 18/02/2016

Current Creditor (Owner) however will be 1st Credit (Finance) Limited which presumably will be part of this new group under Intrum Justitia!

Comment

• Reg No:- 03752940 has been given to me??????
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• The search for FCA Intrum Justitia
              https://register.fca.org.uk/shpo_sea...=3wq1nht7eg7tr

Search for !st Credit
              But note

But Note Intrum UK Limited is a Trading Name for 1st Credit Limited
              Companies House Number This is a unique number given to a UK company or limited liability partnership 03752940

Which is the number quoted by Tech Clerk.

1st Credit (Finance) Limited FCA is (lapsed)

Comment

• Here is a Press release about the purchase of 1st Credit by Intrum.
                http://www.bridgepoint.eu/en/news/pr...er-1st-credit/
                "..Intrum Justitia, which is listed on the Stockholm Nasdaq, has more than 90 years of experience, 19 offices across Europe and an international network covering 160 additional countries.."

However this doesn't change the legal Owner which is 1st Credit (Finance) Limited and its license with FCA has lapsed

Comment

• Intrum UK Limited has permission to trade from the FCA. Debts are purchased by Intrum UK Finance Limited. There is no requirement for this company to hold an independent FCA Licence as an inter-company arrangement exists whereby all contact with customers is facilitated by Intrum UK Limited.

Comment

• Intrum UK Limited

(Reference number: 718918

Comment

Intrum UK Limited Status: Authorised (Reference number: 718918
                      Your previous entries cited Intrum Justitia.

The situation is identical to Cabot.
                      Intrum UK Limited ARE AUTHORISED (as I have already shown) but they are the collection company involved. (as was1st Credit previously)

But as the Notice Of Assignment stated the PURCHASER 1st Credit (Finance) Limited and they are AREN'T Authorised.
                      Niddy's Blog
                      https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...50#post1291550
                      Last edited by Roger; 8 March 2018, 09:24. Reason: tidying

Comment

• give FCA a ring and get clarification of your points.???

Comment

give FCA a ring and get clarification of your points.???
                          I have provided the Links to the Bank Of England and FCA regulator site. I have provided the information that is available on that site.
                          This is the Home page
                          https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_Homepage
                          It has contact links for anybody who wishes to seek further information.
                          But on that page is found the following "..If you deal with a firm (or individual) that is not regulated you may not be covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service or Financial Services Compensation Scheme if things go wrong. .."

If interested in the Cabot comparison here is the Cabot search
                          But its seems sad that a public available site and its contents should be questioned.

From FCA
                          "the firm is providing regulated products or services without the required authorisation, or is knowingly running a scam. We strongly suggest you avoid dealing with unauthorised firms. "
                          Last edited by Roger; 8 March 2018, 18:59. Reason: update

Comment

• interesting see what others have to say?

@Diana Mayhew
                            Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 8 March 2018, 23:18.

Comment

• Thanks I think I get it now, 1st credit (finance) Ltd changed its name to Intrum (finance) UK Ltd. So the situation is still the same, both unlicensed with FCA but will using the licensed company to contact.

That will be why I have received any letters if it only happened 1st March.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marly View Post
                                Thanks I think I get it now, 1st credit (finance) Ltd changed its name to Intrum (finance) UK Ltd. So the situation is still the same, both unlicensed with FCA but will using the licensed company to contact.

That will be why I have received any letters if it only happened 1st March.
                                Its confusing isn't it?
                                1/ 1st Credit was a Group of Companies ( one of which is 1st Credit (finance) Limited) the GROUP have been brought as a working business by Intrum (a Global Group)

2/ Intrum have changed 1st Credit Limited name to Intrum Limited BUT still use 1st Credit Limited as a Trading Name. Both names have Company No 03752940 and are LICENSED (FCA)

3/ The Owner/Purchaser of your Debt was and remains 1st credit (finance) Ltd
                                4/ They HAVEN'T changed 1st credit (finance) Ltd to Intrum (finance) Ltd.
                                5/ 1st credit (finance) Ltd WAS AND REMAINS UNLICENSED with the Financial Conduct Authority "that specific company is not lawfully permitted to conduct any Regulated Business!!!"

Yes it is confusing!
                                But make yourself a Note and place that with your Paper work with this Debt! There are many reasons why Debts may be unenforceable!! look at Di's Blog here for Assigment issues!
                                https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...94#post1508794

Comment

Working...
                                X