GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Marly Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marly Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marly View Post
    Debt 2- I originally thought this had been sold to Cabot as it is showing on my credit file as Cabot and closed with Tesco, Now I have no idea as the letter is not a notice of assignment.
    • Type of account- Credit Card
    • Date commenced- January 2009
    • Approx balance- £5k
    • Date last paid July 2012
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying- Was making sporadic reduced payments until March 2015
    • Status- Default May 2013
    • Account owner- Tesco Bank? or Cabot?
    2016- At some point Tesco made some credits to this account for wrong interest charges or something, I cant see them now as Tesco has gone from my noddle report
    25th August 2017 Cabot wrote with letter enclosed from Tesco dated 23rd August to say all rights in connection with account to Cabot manage the account on their behalf.
    9th September 2017 Cabot wrote saying they really want to help
    6th October 2017 Cabot called, told them wasn't convenient to talk, and they said they would call back later
    9th October 2017 Cabot called I didn't answer they left voicemail
    12th October 2017 Cabot wrote asking me to contact them
    19th October 2017 Cabot text asking me to call them
    3rd November 2017 Missed call and voice mail from Cabot
    6th November 2017 Cabot wrote asking me to contact them
    7th November missed call and voicemail from Cabot
    9th November missed call and voicemail from Cabot

Comment

Quote:- Tesco dated 23rd August to say all rights in connection with account to Cabot manage the account on their behalf.??? did it actually state being managed or sold to Cabot i.e. All Rights assigned to Cabot?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

There are 2 Cabot Debts, one letter had an enclosed letter stating:

"We have decided to transfer (this is sometimes called 'assign') all of our rights in connection with your account to another company, Cabot Financial (UK) Limited ("Cabot"). Cabot has appointed Cabot Credit Management Group Limited ('Cabot Group") to manage your account on their behalf.

It didn't say notice of Assignment on it, which is what confused me but reading it again it seems they have purchased it.

The other account had just a letter from Cabot but no Letter from Tesco.

Comment

(this is sometimes called 'assign') assign-ment or assigned, could look on your CRA file and should be listed as owners under your default date stays the samw but owners name would change to new owner?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It shows as Cabot Credit management group. But the letter says they are managing on behalf of Cabot financial (UK) Ltd so should it not be them showing on my credit file.

It confuses me that they use so many names, they give me a headache. I looked on the FCA register and Cabot Financial (UK) Limited licence has lapsed, but Cabot Credit Managements is Authorised, is that why they do it? All seems a bit suspicious hiding behind 10 different names

Comment

managing mean they are only collectors, so owner has the CRA file registered in third name, cabot must own it then and appointed CCM to manage account (collectors) sure others will comment also, you need to concentrate on the main theme now.

Comment

You should send cabot a swid. It sends them into a spin (well it did on my three accounts).

edited to say that I believe it is better to tell them sooner rather than later that there is a dispute. They may ask why you didn’t tell them sooner if it ever went to court (that is why In prefer to send the SWID sooner rather than later).
                Last edited by JLC; 9 November 2017, 14:33.

Comment

SWID? is that sold while in Dispute? even if there was no dispute with OC

Comment

If you have sent your CCA request off to the original OC and not had a response, and it has been sold on, then you send the SWID, if not, send Cabot a CCA request.

Comment

It doesn't look as if a CCA74 request has been sent in respect of this account, so I think that should be the first response rather than a SWID.

Incidentally, looking back to the beginning of this diary I note that the accounts begin with "Debt 2". Is there an account missing?

Comment

No I haven't sent a CCA for Cabot debts, should I hold off on this until they start getting threatening?

Yes Debt 1 is a Mortgage shortfall debt, but its not on here as I thought it wouldn't come under UE

Comment

A CCA request should be made to cabot for all your debts. Not sure about the mortgage shortfall one thought.

Comment

No I haven't sent a CCA for Cabot debts, should I hold off on this until they start getting threatening?
                            Personally, I would wait a little while, you could send one off when they get more persistent. I would also keep a record of the dates/times that they phone or text, and at some point you could send them the telephone harassment letter (which says that all communication should be in writing only).

Don't get drawn into any phone conversation with them. Fail any security questions if necessary.

Comment

will do Thanks.....im good at failing

Comment

Debt 6
                                • Type of account- Credit Card
                                • Date commenced- June 2001
                                • Approx balance- £12k
                                • Date last paid July 2012
                                • Are you on arrangement or not paying- Was making sporadic reduced payments until Feb 2014
                                • Status- Default Feb 2013
                                • Account owner- 1st credit.

July 2012 Halifax informed of health issues and inability to make full payments, Agreed to make reduced payments
                                April 2013 I missed some payments and got a letter from Halifax solicitors stating considering court action, so started paying again
                                February 2014 Stopped paying halifax again.
                                2014-2017 Various debt collectors managing account, Ignored all of them
                                17th July 2017 1st credit wrote with Notice of assignment but with no balance figure on notice.
                                19th July 2017 1st credit wrote again with ne Notice of assignment with figure on, and no mention of their previous notice.
                                26th July 2017 1st Credit wrote asking to arrange payment plan -Letter ignored
                                7th August 2017 1st credit wrote again let us help blah blah
                                15th August 2017 1st credit wrote County court proceeding being considered
                                18th August 2017 - I wrote requesting CCA
                                23rd August 2017 1st credit wrote acknowledging request and stated it may take several weeks and that collection was suspended whilst they get the documents
                                4th October 2017 1st credit sent what they say is a True copy of credit agreement at time account was opened, and at time account was defaulted.
                                12th October 2017 emailed copies of apparent true copy emailed to webmaster
                                24th October Niddy says for now
                                24th October 1st credit wrote saying "there is a discount available"- ooooohhhhhh I suppose I best contact them then (NOT)
                                31st October 1st Credit emailed saying they have sent letter recently please contact at earliest convenience blah blah..........
                                1st November 2017 1st credit wrote to kindly offer a 20% discount if paid in November
                                8th November 1st Credit emailed saying they had recently written and to contact them
                                8th November 1st Credit wrote to say they had made a mistake with the notice of assignment and it wasn't Halifax it was Bank of Scotland
                                8th November 1st credit sent another (3rd time lucky) notice of assignment with Bank as Scotland as OC
                                3 times they have sent a Notice of assignment now, Its quite concerning how inept these companies are!

Comment

Working...
                                X