GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Marly Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marly Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marly View Post
    Debt 2- I originally thought this had been sold to Cabot as it is showing on my credit file as Cabot and closed with Tesco, Now I have no idea as the letter is not a notice of assignment.
    • Type of account- Credit Card
    • Date commenced- January 2009
    • Approx balance- £5k
    • Date last paid July 2012
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying- Was making sporadic reduced payments until March 2015
    • Status- Default May 2013
    • Account owner- Tesco Bank? or Cabot?
    2016- At some point Tesco made some credits to this account for wrong interest charges or something, I cant see them now as Tesco has gone from my noddle report
    25th August 2017 Cabot wrote with letter enclosed from Tesco dated 23rd August to say all rights in connection with account to Cabot manage the account on their behalf.
    9th September 2017 Cabot wrote saying they really want to help
    6th October 2017 Cabot called, told them wasn't convenient to talk, and they said they would call back later
    9th October 2017 Cabot called I didn't answer they left voicemail
    12th October 2017 Cabot wrote asking me to contact them
    19th October 2017 Cabot text asking me to call them
    3rd November 2017 Missed call and voice mail from Cabot
    6th November 2017 Cabot wrote asking me to contact them
    7th November 2017 missed call and voicemail from Cabot
    9th November 2017 missed call and voicemail from Cabot
    11th November 2017 Missed call and voicemail from Cabot (Obviously working overtime on a Saturday)
    14th November 2017 missed call and voicemail from Cabot (this time from Withheld number)
    16th November 2017 missed call from withheld number pretty sure it was Cabot no Message left
    16th November 2017 missed call and voicemail from Cabot
    18th November 2017 Missed call and voicemail from Cabot (more overtime obviously)
    20th November 2017 missed call and voicemail from Cabot
    23rd November 2017 Missed call and voicemail from Cabot
    25th November 2017 Missed call and voicemail from Cabot
    27th November 2017 Letter from Cabot saying account has been reviewed for legal action giving me 28 days to respond
    Should I wait closer to the 28 days to send CCA?

Comment

why wait> Reason?????
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No reason, I shall do it today then

Comment

Personally, I would wait a bit. You don't want a quick reply from them arriving just before Xmas

Comment

They will if they deem fit to start legal action without the response to a CCA request regardless, as they will have time during proceedings once started to supply or not. chance of a CCA request stopping action Ummmmmmm??????????well???
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
              They will if they deem fit to start legal action without the response to a CCA request regardless, as they will have time during proceedings once started to supply or not. chance of a CCA request stopping action Ummmmmmm??????????well???
              What I meant was - they have been given 28 days to respond, why not leave it till mid/late December so that it is on their desk over Xmas. It's not nearing SB, so they are not likely to do anything in advance of their own deadline, or start legal action on receipt of a CCA request.

Comment

Debt 4- Originally Barclays
                • Date commenced- February 2007
                • Approx balance- £4.5k
                • Are you on arrangement or not paying- Was making regular reduced payments until February 2013
                • Status- Default March 2013 by Link
                • Account owner- Link Financial

22nd March 2013 Barclays Sold account to Link Financial having never marked default
                31st March 2013 Link defaulted account prior to even contacting me.
                2014-2016 Various please contact us letters -all ignored
                6th November 2017 Link text asking me to contact them
                4th December 2017 Link text to say Happy Christmas and offer 50% discount.....How nice!
                Not heard anything from these for a while, I guess they are going to start pestering too now, yay love how they all do it at the same time

Comment

Debt 2- I originally thought this had been sold to Cabot as it is showing on my credit file as Cabot and closed with Tesco, Now I have no idea as the letter is not a notice of assignment.
                  • Date commenced- January 2009
                  • Approx balance- £5k
                  • Are you on arrangement or not paying- Was making sporadic reduced payments until March 2015
                  • Status- Default May 2013
                  • Account owner- Tesco Bank? or Cabot?
                  2016- At some point Tesco made some credits to this account for wrong interest charges or something, I cant see them now as Tesco has gone from my noddle report
                  25th August 2017 Cabot wrote with letter enclosed from Tesco dated 23rd August to say all rights in connection with account to Cabot manage the account on their behalf.
                  9th September 2017 Cabot wrote saying they really want to help
                  6th October 2017 Cabot called, told them wasn't convenient to talk, and they said they would call back later
                  9th October 2017 Cabot called I didn't answer they left voicemail
                  12th October 2017 Cabot wrote asking me to contact them
                  19th October 2017 Cabot text asking me to call them
                  3rd November 2017 Missed call and voice mail from Cabot
                  6th November 2017 Cabot wrote asking me to contact them
                  7th November 2017 missed call and voicemail from Cabot
                  9th November 2017 missed call and voicemail from Cabot
                  11th November 2017 Missed call and voicemail from Cabot (Obviously working overtime on a Saturday)
                  14th November 2017 missed call and voicemail from Cabot (this time from Withheld number)
                  16th November 2017 missed call from withheld number pretty sure it was Cabot no Message left
                  16th November 2017 missed call and voicemail from Cabot
                  18th November 2017 Missed call and voicemail from Cabot (more overtime obviously)
                  20th November 2017 missed call and voicemail from Cabot
                  23rd November 2017 Missed call and voicemail from Cabot
                  25th November 2017 Missed call and voicemail from Cabot
                  27th November 2017 Letter from Cabot saying account has been reviewed for legal action giving me 28 days to respond
                  28th November 2017 missed call and voicemail from Cabot
                  1st December 2017 missed call and voicemail from Cabot
                  4th December 2017 missed call and voicemail from Cabot
                  5th December 2017 CRA request sent to Cabot
                  8th December 2017 reminder letter headed potential legal action.
                  I am going to send a SAR to Tesco as I know they credited the account, but I cant remember the exact reason, I know Tesco had done something and apologised but I cant find the letters at the moment, do I put both the account numbers on the reference on the Sar template as there are 2 accounts. Also is it ok to send a cheque as this has now been sold or is it better to stick with postal orders?
                  Thanks

Comment

I am going to send a SAR to Tesco as I know they credited the account, but I cant remember the exact reason, I know Tesco had done something and apologised but I cant find the letters at the moment, do I put both the account numbers on the reference on the Sar template as there are 2 accounts. Also is it ok to send a cheque as this has now been sold or is it better to stick with postal orders?
                    Thanks
                    I have found one of the letters which was a refund of interest and charges from 2012 until 2016 as they identified they hadn't sent a notice and sums of arrears, in accordance with the Consumer credit act. ( I have no idea what this means) there were 2 credits to the account though and its the 2nd letter I cant find.

Comment

one of the letters which was a refund of interest and charges from 2012 until 2016 as they identified they hadn't sent a notice and sums of arrears, in accordance with the Consumer credit act. ( I have no idea what this means)

I may know what that means

It could be section 86(c) CCA https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga...39/section/86C

Is the current owner of this debt Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd or Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd which is unlicensed?

Di

Comment

They sent a couple of sums in arrears notices, should they have sent these before they marked a default on my file, that said I don't recall ever receiving a default notice though either.

Its Cabot financial (UK) Ltd

Comment

Debt 6
                          • Date commenced- June 2001
                          • Approx balance- £12k
                          • Are you on arrangement or not paying- Was making sporadic reduced payments until Feb 2014
                          • Status- Default Feb 2013
                          • Account owner- 1st credit.

July 2012 Halifax informed of health issues and inability to make full payments, Agreed to make reduced payments
                          April 2013 I missed some payments and got a letter from Halifax solicitors stating considering court action, so started paying again
                          February 2014 Stopped paying halifax again.
                          2014-2017 Various debt collectors managing account, Ignored all of them
                          17th July 2017 1st credit wrote with Notice of assignment but with no balance figure on notice.
                          19th July 2017 1st credit wrote again with ne Notice of assignment with figure on, and no mention of their previous notice.
                          26th July 2017 1st Credit wrote asking to arrange payment plan -Letter ignored
                          7th August 2017 1st credit wrote again let us help blah blah
                          15th August 2017 1st credit wrote County court proceeding being considered
                          18th August 2017 - I wrote requesting CCA
                          23rd August 2017 1st credit wrote acknowledging request and stated it may take several weeks and that collection was suspended whilst they get the documents
                          4th October 2017 1st credit sent what they say is a True copy of credit agreement at time account was opened, and at time account was defaulted.
                          12th October 2017 emailed copies of apparent true copy emailed to webmaster
                          24th October Niddy says for now
                          24th October 1st credit wrote saying "there is a discount available"- ooooohhhhhh I suppose I best contact them then (NOT)
                          31st October 1st Credit emailed saying they have sent letter recently please contact at earliest convenience blah blah..........
                          1st November 2017 1st credit wrote to kindly offer a 20% discount if paid in November
                          8th November 1st Credit emailed saying they had recently written and to contact them
                          8th November 1st Credit wrote to say they had made a mistake with the notice of assignment and it wasn't Halifax it was Bank of Scotland
                          8th November 1st credit sent another (3rd time lucky) notice of assignment with Bank as Scotland as OC
                          13th November 2017 1st Credit sent letter saying they are sending to their internal legal department to consider starting court proceedings.
                          23rd November 2017 First credit legal department giving 10 days to respond before they issue LBA
                          7th December 2017 Missing Pt's sent to 1st Credit
                          14th December 2017 letter received from 1st credit stating they believe the reconstituted agreement to be fully compliant, and goes on about Carey v HSBC and that they do not need to supply copy of agreement bearing signatures from the parties. blah blah blah.
                          I'm hoping this is a template letter they have sent as it looks like they have taken a part out as there is no (a) in one part and it starts at (b).

Comment

I'm hoping this is a template letter they have sent as it looks like they have taken a part out as there is no (a) in one part and it starts at (b).
                            It is a standard stance (quoting Carey) taken by many creditors/DCAs. They sometimes include it when they initially send something in response to a CCA74 request.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

It is a standard stance (quoting Carey) taken by many creditors/DCAs. They sometimes include it when they initially send something in response to a CCA74 request.
                              Thanks I though it may be a dca template letter like the ones we have, I googled a paragraph of it to see whether anyone else had asked the same, and it appears to be a popular letter to send by creditors.

Comment

Thanks
                                Could somebody confirm if it is ok to send a cheque or better with PO, and whether it is ok to just put one account number on the SAR or whether I need to put both? I would like to get this sent to Tesco ASAP so I have the info before Cabot start throwing their toys around.

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X