GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script At long last I am claiming life back - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At long last I am claiming life back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roger View Post
    Ever six months a statement of account from Arrow!
    02/11/17. Received letter from Arrow informing that account is unenforceable.

Well they can ask! But its going nowhere isn't it!

They can ask, but not receiving

Comment

• Originally posted by Selinek View Post

They can ask, but not receiving
      You could advise them that you have changed your address to Waste Bin
      (all their Litters to be posted to this new address)

Comment

You could advise them that you have changed your address to Waste Bin
        (all their Litters to be posted to this new address)
        Or on single side print turn over and make use before flushing?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Oh I was thinking of the BYB letter

Beg You Bitches

Comment

• Hahaha … all sound advice , love it x

Comment

• Egg Card
              • Type of account: credit card
              • Date commenced pre 2007
              • Approx balance: £1200
              • Date last paid: 2008
              • on DMP SC
              • Account owner : Link Financial
              • Statue Bar 17/11/2023

CCA request sent 11/09/17.

Absolutely no response.

3/11/17: received another statement of account. They have used the £1 CCA fee towards the balance. Bloody cheek. They have not complied think it’s about time I stopped payment. Should I send a reminder ? Advice greatly appreciated

01/06/18

Update : 10/05/18: Letter from link saying they are concerned I have not made any payments, much the same blurb as other link accounts
              24/05/18: same letter as previous accounts wanting to help . Ignored both letters !

UPDATE: 01/101/8; Letter from Link dated 14/08/18 to contact them to set up a payment plan: Filed

Letter from link dated 17/08/18 The same as above : Filed

UPDATE: 31/03/19 : Statement of account from LINK

UPDATE: letter from LINK wanting me to contact them to discuss payment. Filed

UPDATE 01/07/19 :Link Letter informing acct sold onto ASSET LINK CAPITAL: offering 45 monthly instalments to clear debt : Filed away

September 2019: Link Letter Statement of Account: Filed

UPDATE:
              March 2020: Link : Statement of account : filed
              September: Link Statement of account : Filed
              March 2021 Link Statement of account : Filed
              September 2021: Link want to know why I haven't made payment : filed
              December 2021 Link as above
              27/03/22: Link statement of account: Filed
              May 2022: Letter why I haven't paid: Filed
              September: Link letter : Account transferred Moorcroft Filed
              September 2022: Letter Moorcroft introducing themselves Filed

UPDATE:
              Letter from Moorcroft dated 11/10/22 Recvd 14/10/22: Letter stating to prevent further debt recovery I need to make a payment proposal. They go on to say if I don't contact them by 18/10/22 they may continue with further debt recovery action or seek another debt collection recovery. I suspect without a a valid CCA , they are in a difficult situation.

UPDATE:

November 2022: Countless emails text and message for me to get in touch
              26/11/22

Letter from Moorcroft informing that I have not been in touch and acct now moved to Field Reconnection Division : Field reps to visit in other words. Ive had letters like this in the past . I will send the harassment letter.

UPDATE
              09/12/22

Letter from Moorcroft acknowledging my letter and consulting with their client Barclaycard-owned by LINK. They will get back in touch with me once their client has decided what they want to do next...Filed

10/12/22

Letter from Moorroft ( in the same envelope as above. Informing they won't contact me until the investigation re my query is complete

07/02/23

Letter from Moorcroft attaching a credit agreement dated 13/12/2017 . This was not sent to me at the time. News to me. Can someone remind me how I send agreement to Niddy?

Letter from Moorcroft 07/02/23

Further to your recent communication in respect of the above account, we are writing to confirm we have been in contact with BARCLAYCARD - OWNED BY LINK.

Please find enclosed a copy of the credit agreement for the above account.

Your account will remain on hold until xx/xx/xxx to allow you time to consider the information provided and let us have your proposals for settlement. Alternatively let us know if you have any further queries. Please note that we are anxious to make progress in relation to this account and avoid any further debt recovery action and therefore we look forward to hearing from you.
              If you do not have a current repayment plan in place please be aware that we are always happy to seek to reach an agreement which you can afford and maintain, based upon your financial circumstances.
              If you have any specific queries in relation to our involvement with regard to your account, please contact us on the above telephone number, or visit us at www.mdrl.co.uk.

A copy of a Letter from Barclaycard 13/12/2017

Important information about your Barclaycard account
              I refer to your request for information.
              We refer to your request for documentation under Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, under which we must provide a copy of the executed agreement (and any document referred to in it) and a statement of the account. We need to advise you that, regrettably, we are currently unable to fulfil your request. As such, we are not currently able to enforce our agreement with you and the agreement will remain unenforceable until such time as we are able to fulfil your request.
              what this means for you
              Whilst discussions continue, we know that we're not able to enforce our agreement with you, but our rights continue to exist under the agreement.

Your current outstanding balance is £000000 and you will need to continue to pay the debt that's accrued on the account and make payments in accordance with your statements
              It is important to note that, where debt has accrued on your account, we will, where required, report to credit reference agencies (which may impact your credit rating), demand payment from you, issue a default notice, and instruct a third party to demand payment or otherwise seek payment from you.

This completes our obligations under Section 78 of the Act.
              Yours sincerely
              Barclaycard Customer Services

ENCLOSURE: Short Form Cancellation, Historic Terms and Conditions

UPDATE: March 2023

Letter from Moocroft asking me to contact them to agree a monthly instalment offer. Filed

UPDATE:

March 2023

Letter from LINK Financial stating acct has been returned from Moorcroft to Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd. A budget planner enclosed to help with a repayment plan: Filed

Comment

• MBNA
                · Type of account: credit card
                · Date commenced Not sure
                · definitely before Apr 2007
                · Approx balance: £1255
                · Date last paid: 2008
                · on DMP SC
                · Status :can’t remember if acct was defaulted vague recollection it was. Not showing on my credit file
                · Account owner : Idem
                Statue Barred: 17/11/2023

MBNA UPDATE.
                · CCA request sent September 17
                · Letter of Acknowledgement of request September 17
                · UPDATE 30/09/17
                · Letter from Idem stating they are unable to locate a copy of agreement. They acknowledge they cannot enforce agreement until agreement is located. They went in to say they still plan to pursue debt include registering any defaults and arrears.
                · This maybe familiar some of you. I’m guessing this is a standard letter. The query I have is can DCA register arrears if Debt has already dropped of my CF ?
                · 16/10/17 received agreement. Sent off to niddy to have a look
                30/10/17 Niddy confirmed this . . As I’ve been paying so SB isn’t an option for me sadly. Looking for f& f for definite

04/02/18
                I did make a 10% offer which was rejected. Received a letter from IDEM yesterday dated 31/01/18, stating that there is no payment arrangement. If I don't contact them within 7 days my account will be renewed for further action which could result in either acct being placed in "our internal recoveries dept" or "acct being placed with an external debt collection agency for recovery activity" Am right in thinking they will sell onto another DCA or they threatening something far more serious?

I was considering UE route , but I have been down this debt road for 10 years I want to get rid, but not at any cost now. have become aware that DCA's pay pennies for our debts. Ive it said before if I knew about guys earlier on things would been different but I am where I am.

Just out of interest is there anyway I can found out how much DCA's actually pay. Not a biggie just curious.

I would like help in what to do with the letter. Shall I ignore and see what they come up with next ? I understand "could" is very different to will , but guidance would be very much appreciated

01/03/18: Idem Servicing have written after calling countless times a day ,telling me about their concern of them not being able to speak to me about payment . The have suggested that if I don't contact them I will either have some appear on my doorstep , have my acct placed with an external DCA ( Aren't IDEM a DCA?) or consider litigation proceedings. Not frighten of these letters now, well not as much .I will see what they come back with , but send an harassment letter in the mean time

19/04/18: Letter from Idem dated 16/04/18: they go on on about me not answering their numerous calls and would like me to contact them with 10 days. If I don't they will refer me to Resolve call for a home visit. I have read a lot on here , reassuring there is nothing to worry about. Will send door step harassment letter if needed

05/05/18

Letter from Resolve call sating that IDEM are having difficulty in contacting me and ask that I contact IDEM urgently. Resolve go on to say that if I do not contact IDEM then they will visit within 28 days of letter dated 01/05/18 me at my home to help me come to some arrangement. . I will be sending the door step letter. Do I send to both IDEM and resolve call or resolve call alone? I take it recorded delivery is the way to send letter or will an email suffice?

02/06/18
                Update: 05/05/18 Door step letter sent.
                10/05/18: Letter from resolve stating they are no longer dealing with the account
                10/05/18: Letter from IDEM in response to my door step . They will be looking into my complaint
                16/05/18: Letter referring to me their response to my previous complaint ( I sent telephone harassment letter to IDEM 02/03/17) saying they will not uphold my complaint and will not contact me for 30 days until I contact them to discuss payment . They go on to say they can instruct a third party to visit my property should they not be able to contact me by other means . Well we can do the dance if they like. The same door step letter will be sent as many times as needed if they want.

UPDATE:

18/06/18

Letter from IDEM dated 07/06/18 informing me that they have instructed WESTCOT to collect outstanding sounding amount. I guess just wait ti hear from WESCOT. Interesting turns of events . Not so long ago they were threatening CCJ's

UPDATE:
                July 2022: Idem informed me they have been purchased by hoist

July 2022: notification of assignment from Hoist
                August: Hoist letter offer was to pay
                September: Hoist Ways to pay
                September Offering discount
                Hoist: phone calls text messages and voicemail asking me to get in touch ignored

UPDATE: FEBRUARY 2023
                Countless voicemail messages to call , emails, texts, all ignored

Letter offering a discount : Filed

UPDATE
                MAY 2023: letter from Lowell, informing they had acquired hoist and I must start paying them: Filed
                June 2023: Letter from Lowell informing they do things differently and want to get n touch to make arrangements to pay : Filed
                June 2023: Letter from Lowell informing that I have not made contact and they may pass on my details to an external debt collectors partners. In the mean time they will continue to call text: Filed
                June 2023: Letter from Lowell much the same as above
                July 2023: Letter from Lowell: they are considering the next steps. Want me to call to to arrange payment. They say they may pass on my details to a 3rd party debt collection partners: Filed
                Last edited by Selinek; 21 July 2023, 08:13.

Comment

• Monthly template I see., after all this time wonders why no proceedings!
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                    Monthly template I see., after all this time wonders why no proceedings!

They mentioned in the last letter they checked my credit file will see what their next move is. I will keep my head down until SB in November

Comment

They mentioned in the last letter they checked my credit file will see what their next move is. I will keep my head down until SB in November
                      "04/02/18
                      I did make a 10% offer which was rejected."

It's not clear from the above when you made that offer, but bear it in mind when calculating likely SB date.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

"04/02/18
                        I did make a 10% offer which was rejected."

It's not clear from the above when you made that offer, but bear it in mind when calculating likely SB date.
                        I stopped paying paying nov 2017. I made initial offer 25/11/2017 and made an updated offer 18/01/2018. I am assuming that SB would start from 2018?
                        Last edited by Selinek; 21 July 2023, 18:35.

Comment

• Maybe depends on the Default notice date. I can’t see mention of it . Not the date on your credit file but the actual S87(1) default remedy date.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pat View Post
                            Maybe depends on the Default notice date. I can’t see mention of it . Not the date on your credit file but the actual S87(1) default remedy date.
                            Thanks for the clarity. I will check my paperwork . If I can't find the default notice Is it worth sending a SAR ?

Comment

I stopped paying paying nov 2017. I made initial offer 25/11/2017 and made an updated offer 18/01/2018. I am assuming that SB would start from 2018?

Its true the Statute Bar is taken from the Default Notice BUT if a Account hasn't been Defaulted by MBNA the Assignment CLOSED the Account in any case.The date of Assignment seems to be now more than 6 years ago!
                              So don't be blinded in this CASE by the Default Notice!

Can't see when this was from your Diary BUT lets take the 16/10/17 when S.78 recieved from IDEM Stopped Paying Nov 2017 so I presume you last paid Oct 2017
                              This plus 6 years and 1 month would be Nov 2023

".. I stopped paying paying nov 2017. I made initial offer 25/11/2017 and made an updated offer 18/01/2018. I am assuming that SB would start from 2018?
                              What is important here is did you use a AAD templates to make that 18/01/2018 offer?

The Tech Clerk
                              Comment is very pertinent! ".. after all this time wonders why no proceedings! .."

Its nolonger being reported (implying it was once but after 6 years has ceased)

Taking your worst case Date 18/01/2018 6 years plus 1 month 18/02/2024 thats what 4 months difference negligable.

I personally have never raised Statute Bar with a DCA instead kept my calculations to myself. Never asked for DSAR unless I had been threatened!

SILENCE at this time wait and see what they do next!
                              Last edited by Roger; 22 July 2023, 07:23.

Comment

I personally have never raised Statute Bar with a DCA instead kept my calculations to myself. Never asked for DSAR unless I had been threatened!

SILENCE at this time wait and see what they do next!
                                Neither have I, have just continued to ignore their begging letters. As a side note, it appeared that the DCAs were aware that the accounts were SB, as the letters were few and far between and were mild letters offering discounts or suggesting payment arrangements.

Comment

Working...
                                X