GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script scottygees UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

scottygees UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scottygees View Post

so at what stage should I send the illegible CCA agreement letter?

I cant see the history of this debt. It really helps to quote the original debt post and update it at the same time. Not knowing the debt amount or when the account was apparently opened makes it hard to comment.

You've been told that the JD Williams credit agreement is unenforceable because it’s unsigned and undated and illegible.

Dont tell them anything right now.

What did Lowells letter say would happen if you didn’t respond by 16th July?

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

I cant see the history of this debt. It really helps to quote the original debt post and update it at the same time. Not knowing the debt amount or when the account was apparently opened makes it hard to comment.

You've been told that the JD Williams credit agreement is unenforceable because it’s unsigned and undated and illegible.

Dont tell them anything right now.

What did Lowells letter say would happen if you didn’t respond by 16th July?

Di
      Sorry Di I do need to do a proper diary for this debt. Lowell’s haven’t said anything yet apart from giving me the opportunity to query what they sent.

Comment

Lowell’s haven’t said anything yet apart from giving me the opportunity to query what they sent.

Okay, so no threat of legal action and Lowell Solicitors have not been instructed.

The “opportunity” to query what they sent is possibly them fishing for information from you so they can attempt to remedy the situation once you tell them what’s wrong with the credit agreement they produced in response to your s77-79 CCA Request.

Or am I just being cynical

See what they do next after the 16th July.

Try not to worry in the meantime.

Di

Comment

• you do not need to do lowells work for them,
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Okay, so no threat of legal action and Lowell Solicitors have not been instructed.

The “opportunity” to query what they sent is possibly them fishing for information from you so they can attempt to remedy the situation once you tell them what’s wrong with the credit agreement they produced in response to your s77-79 CCA Request.

Or am I just being cynical

See what they do next after the 16th July.

Try not to worry in the meantime.

Di

thanks Di

not worried as they also sent a similar letter when they supplied the CCA for another debt and have so far not taken any further action. I was just wondering at what stage to send the illegible CCA template letter that’s all my query was. I will await there next move and go from there.

once again big thanks to all who provide valuable information on this site.it is greatly appreciated

Comment

Yorkshire Bank overdraft

Joint account but was initially in my name. Wife added to account when married

Date account opened -1987
              last paid -Feb2017 via DMP
              balance-£893
              debt owned by NCO
              debt now owned by Cabot

17/09/2017-letter recd from NCO request contact made
              19/09/2017-overdraft CCA template letter issued
              20/09/2017-CCA request recd and signed for by NCO
              25/10/17-letter recd from NCO requesting clarification of current financial position, so please contact us etc etc
              31/01/18-Letter recd from Cabot confirming they have taken the account back.It appears that NCO were just an agent of Cabot.As this was the case and NCO never provided the CCA as requested for the overdraft was wondering what next steps should be. I assume a SWID wouldn’t be applicable in this instance? Also is there a different SWID template for overdrafts?
              15/03/18-Letter recd from Cabot stating account is being reviewed for legal action.Please reply in 28 days. This action can be avoided if payment plan set up etc etc.
              29/3/18-Letter recd from Cabot dated 26/3/18 threatening legal action. I will send the follow up letter this weekend but a bit peeved that they haven’t even given me the initial 28 days to respond
              4/4/18- non receipt of CCA 2nd follow up letter issued to Cabot
              19/04/18-letter received from Cabot, noting dispute, they will be in touch with original lender and to be mindful it could take 16 weeks to resolve
              11/5/18-Letter received from Cabot. Still unable to provide requested docs. Account on hold
              06/09/18- letter received from Cabot as no payment being received their reasonable next action is to review account for legal action.Please contact in 28 days to prevent. Any need to take further action at this stage? Current creditor showing as Cabot Financial UK ltd. Many thanks in advance.

Comment

• see what they send next, that is the usual letter at this stage
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Happy to hear this

Di
                  so this weekend my wife has had a letter from Lowells regarding her JD Williams account where following her CCA request they have decided that for a quick resolution they have closed the account, cleared the outstanding balance and removed the default. My question here is, would it now be a good time for me to send a follow up letter regarding the illegible copy they sent me or would you still sit and wait their next move? Thanks in advance

Comment

The SAR is between you and Vanquis (original creditor) and nothing to do with Lowells (debt purchaser).

Lowells won't automatically have access to that information either because when debts are assigned the debt purchaser receives minimal information (thankfully).

I wouldn't tell Lowells anything at this point. They have no duty to comply with your SAR to a third party (i.e. Vanquis) and it certainly won't stop their collections activity.

Di
                    '
                    So I still haven't received the SAR from Vanquis. I complained to the ICO following the 40 day deadline being breached but still haven't had a response from them either. Would it be wise to chase up the ICO for an update?

Meanwhile nothing to report of any significance from Lowells

Thanks

Comment

this weekend my wife has had a letter from Lowells regarding her JD Williams account where following her CCA request they have decided that for a quick resolution they have closed the account, cleared the outstanding balance and removed the default. My question here is, would it now be a good time for me to send a follow up letter regarding the illegible copy they sent me or would you still sit and wait their next move?
                      What next move?

Unless I've misunderstood Lowells have closed the account, cleared the balance, and removed the default from her CRA file.

I see no reason for you to have anything more to do with them ever again.

It's over I'm pleased to say

Definitely don't write to them about the illegibility issue in case they change their mind!

Di

Comment

this weekend my wife has had a letter from Lowells regarding her JD Williams account where following her CCA request they have decided that for a quick resolution they have closed the account, cleared the outstanding balance and removed the default. My question here is, would it now be a good time for me to send a follow up letter regarding the illegible copy they sent me or would you still sit and wait their next move?
                        What next move?

Unless I've misunderstood Lowells have closed the account, cleared the balance, and removed the default from her CRA file.

Definitely don't write to them about the illegibility issue in case they change their mind!

Di

Comment

What next move?

Di
                          Sorry Di I can be a numpty sometimes, i also have a JDWilliams account that Lowell’s now own. The question was in relation to whether I should now contact Lowell’s about my account, as the agreement they sent me was ineligible and not signed or dated, in the hope they may take similar action to my wife’s account. Apologies for the confusion

Comment

Sorry Di I can be a numpty sometimes, i also have a JDWilliams account that Lowell’s now own. The question was in relation to whether I should now contact Lowell’s about my account, as the agreement they sent me was ineligible and not signed or dated, in the hope they may take similar action to my wife’s account. Apologies for the confusion

I see

Unless you quote the post which has the history of a debt which needs advice it's not easy to make suggestions.

However, general speaking, my view is if you tell a debt owner the credit agreement they've produced is illegible you run the risk of them sourcing or reconstituting a better (legible) version.

Ditto if you tell them it's not signed or dated. Never tell them what they've got wrong or they will attempt to correct their mistakes.

Di

Comment

I see

Unless you quote the post which has the history of a debt which needs advice it's not easy to make suggestions.

However, general speaking, my view is if you tell a debt owner the credit agreement they've produced is illegible you run the risk of them sourcing or reconstituting a better (legible) version.

Ditto if you tell them it's not signed or dated. Never tell them what they've got wrong or they will attempt to correct their mistakes.

Di
                              thanks Di.i’ll keep quiet then

Comment

06/09/18- letter received from Cabot as no payment being received their reasonable next action is to review account for legal action.Please contact in 28 days to prevent. Any need to take further action at this stage? Current creditor showing as Cabot Financial UK ltd. Many thanks in advance.
                                So further letter recd today from Cabot this time a little more threatening mentioning letter before claim, attachment of earnings etc and giving 14 days to reply. They still haven’t sent my requested CCA. Any advice at this stage ? Are Cabot still not registered ) TIA

Comment

Working...
                                X