GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script scottygees UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

scottygees UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scottygees View Post
    10/5/18-Letter received from Lowell’s dated 4/5/18 stating they haven’t heard from me , contact to make arrangements but this time saying they WILL take further action to recover debt if no contact made. I still haven’t received the SAR from Vanquis

Did you ever have 'Repayment Option Plan' on this Vanquis credit card?

If so you might like to read this link where you'll see the FCA fined them £1,976,000 for failing to tell customers how much it would cost them, and they must also pay a total of £169 million in compensation to consumers who were sold the product > https://www.fca.org.uk/news/press-re...tion-customers

Could you be one of them?

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Did you ever have 'Repayment Option Plan' on this Vanquis credit card?

If so you might like to read this link where you'll see the FCA fined them £1,976,000 for failing to tell customers how much it would cost them, and they must also pay a total of £169 million in compensation to consumers who were sold the product > https://www.fca.org.uk/news/press-re...tion-customers

Could you be one of them?

Di
      Highly unlikely as I never took anything extra like ROP or PPI on any loans or cards. But thanks anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

They are required to supply SAR information within 40 days of receipt of request. Chase them if not received by then. (Their time is almost up).
        Many Thanks. Is this 40 Calendar or working days.?

Comment

Highly unlikely as I never took anything extra like ROP or PPI on any loans or cards. But thanks anyway.

I believe one of the reasons that the FCA fined Vanquis such an eye-watering amount was because their customers didn't always know when ROP had been added to their accounts.

The response to your SAR should reveal the full history of your account in the Transaction Log (when it arrives!).

Di

Comment

I believe one of the reasons that the FCA fined Vanquis such an eye-watering amount was because their customers didn't always know when ROP had been added to their accounts.

The response to your SAR should reveal the full history of your account in the Transaction Log (when it arrives!).

Di
            so if I don’t get the SAR in 40 days what should I do?

Comment

• Go to Information commissioners site and read then complain = 40 calendar days
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• So 40 days is up for the SAR to have been sent by Vanquis. So if I now go to the information commissioner should I also inform Vanquis and/or Lowell’s? I only ask as this may temporarily stop Lowell’s Collection activity.

Comment

So if I now go to the information commissioner should I also inform Vanquis and/or Lowell’s? I only ask as this may temporarily stop Lowell’s Collection activity.

The SAR is between you and Vanquis (original creditor) and nothing to do with Lowells (debt purchaser).

Lowells won't automatically have access to that information either because when debts are assigned the debt purchaser receives minimal information (thankfully).

I wouldn't tell Lowells anything at this point. They have no duty to comply with your SAR to a third party (i.e. Vanquis) and it certainly won't stop their collections activity.

Di

Comment

• [QUOTE=scottygees;n1497310]VANQUIS
                    • Credit Card
                    • Date commenced -not known
                    • Approx balance £1002
                    • Date last paid -Sept 2010
                    • Are you on arrangement or not paying-DMP but no payment since Feb 2017
                    • Status -Default 31/8/2015
                    • Account owner-DLC
                    9/6/17-letter recd confirming they have been instructed by vanquish to collect balance and require me to contact them
                    26/6/17-letter recd offering a 50% reduction on outstanding balance
                    13/7/17-CCA request made
                    17/7/17-CCA request delivered and signed for
                    12/8/17-letter recdfrom DLC dated 1/8/17 stating they are only collectors and that I need to send request directly to Vanquis.They have returned the postal order. Any advice or should I just now send the request to Vanquis
                    17/08/17-CCA request made to Vanquis
                    19/08/17-CCA request delivered and signed for
                    01/09/17-CCA received from Vanquis dated 30/08/17.Awaiting advice
                    02/09/17-CCA sent to Niddy who confirms it is enforceable . Will await further contact from DCA before deciding what course of action to take.
                    11/12/17-Letter recd from Vanquis confirming now assigned to Lowell. Introducing letter recd from Lowell in the same envelope.
                    2/1/2018-letter received dated 28/12/17 from Lowell’s please contact us to arrange a a payment plan we are here to help. No action taken
                    27/01/18-Letter recd from Lowell’s they may look at referring for legal action.Best way to stop this is by contacting us to discuss affordable repayment plan.This letter also refers to JD Williams account
                    (01/02/18-SWID sent special delivery to Lowell’s
                    13/02/18-letter recd fro Lowells account on hold for 40 days until they can provide the CCA.
                    21/3/18-Letter and CCA recd from Lowell’s.This is an exact copy of the one Niddy has already said is enforceable. I assume no further action to take at this stage apart from await their next letter?
                    21/3/18- further letter recd from Lowell’s account on hold until 18th April to give me time to review the CCA they sent.
                    4/4/18-SAR request issued to Vanquis
                    19/4/18-letter received from Lowell’s.We are more than happy to help, please call us, Stepchange recommendations etc etc
                    4/5/18-letter from Lowell’s- no contact. Further action to be taken if no contact made
                    10/5/18-Letter received from Lowell’s dated 4/5/18 stating they haven’t heard from me , contact to make arrangements but this time saying they WILL take further action to recover debt if no contact made. I still haven’t received the SAR from Vanquis and have noticed the cheque hasn’t been cashed though I do have proof of delivery. How much longer should I give the SAR and if it isn’t received should I take any further action?

20/5/18-Letter received from Lowell’s stating they will now be passing the account to their collections department or one of our approved collections agencies. I was under the Impression Lowell’s were the Collection agency? They are also offering a 30% discount which can be paid in instalments. Any advice about the Collection agency part of my post?

Comment

• [QUOTE=scottygees;n1510924]
                      Originally posted by scottygees View Post

20/5/18-Letter received from Lowell’s stating they will now be passing the account to their collections department or one of our approved collections agencies. I was under the Impression Lowell’s were the Collection agency? They are also offering a 30% discount which can be paid in instalments. Any advice about the Collection agency part of my post?
                      Wait and see who writes to you, and what they say.

Comment

YORKSHIRE BANK
                        • Credit Card
                        • Date commenced-not known
                        • Approx balance-£1583
                        • Date last paid -Sept 2010
                        • Are you on arrangement or not paying-DMP but no payment made since Feb 2017
                        • Status-unknown as no longer showing on credit report
                        • Account owner-Cabot
                        12/06/17-letter recd asking for contact to discuss solutions e.g monthly payment plan and reduced lump sum payment to clear
                        13/07/17-CCA request made
                        17/7/17-CCA delivered and signed for
                        21/7/17-letter recd from Cabot dated 16/7/17,so this would have crossed in the post with my CCA request.It states as no payments are being received or a commitment to a payment plan the account will be reviewed for legal action.please contact us within 28 days. We have flexible solutions available.
                        29/7/17- letter recd from Cabot dated 24/7/17. Confirming they don't currently have this info. But have requested it from Yorkshire bank.they acknowledge the account is temporarily UE as they won't be able to provide CCA within 12 day period but they anticipate to have it within 40 days. They will write again if CCA not available at 40 days.
                        30/4/18-Letter received from Cabot confirming they are unable to provide CCA and accept it is unenforceable in court, but can still chase the debt and expect payment

CCA REQUEST STILL OUTSTANDING CONFIRMED UE
                        4/6/18-Letter received from Cabot Financial headed “A new approach”! Hoping a new approach could help me be free of this debt. I think I will stick with my “current approach” if that’s ok with Cabot!

Comment

• J Williams
                          4/4/18- CCA requested
                          12/4/18-Letter received from Lowell’s confirming receipt of CCA request.await their response
                          20/6/18-CCA received from Lowell’s giving until 16th July to respond with any queries
                          20/6/18-CCA sent to Niddy who confirmed as it isn’t legible and has no date or signature.
                          27/9/18-statement recd from Lowell
                          15/10/18-letter recd from Lowell’s offering 20% discount
                          Last edited by scottygees; 21 November 2018, 09:17.

Comment

J Williams
                            4/4/18- CCA requested
                            12/4/18-Letter received from Lowell’s confirming receipt of CCA request.await their response
                            20/6/18-CCA received from Lowell’s giving until 16th July to respond with any queries
                            20/6/18-CCA sent to Niddy who confirmed as it isn’t legible and has no date or signature.
                            Happy to hear this

Di

Comment

Happy to hear this

Di
                              so at what stage should I send the illegible CCA agreement letter?

thanks in advance

Comment

• Personally I wouldn't at the moment. You wouldn't want them to get someone to type up a recon now would you.

Comment

Working...
                                X