GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script scottygees UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

scottygees UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=scottygees;n1532903]

As promised debt history given below
    Santander
    • Credit Card
    • Date commenced -not known
    • Approx balance £198.96
    • Date last paid -Sept 2015
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying-DMP but no payment since Feb 2017
    • Status -not sure no longer on Credit report and no default notice in my paperwork
    • Account owner-Santander
    24/7/17-statement received from Santander
    25/01/18-statement received from Santander
    27/11/18-letter received from Santander appointing Moorcroft as their agent to collect
    3/12/18-letter received from Moorcroft requesting payment .letter draws attention to there being a default applied from Santander to credit file but no date given when applied
    17/12/18-letter received from Moorcroft citing possible further action
    01/01/19-letter received from Moorcroft offering monthly instalment plan
    15/01/19-letter receoved from Moorcroft confirming no payment yet in place, further action may be recommended. Now citing there may be a default registered by their client.
    25/01/19-statement received from Santander
    01/02/19-letter received from Moorcroft threatening doorstep visit
    04/03/19-discount offer received from Moorcroft
    03/04/19-letter received from Moorcroft outlining payment options
    18/06/19-letter received from Santander appointing Robinson Way to manage account
    29/06/19-introduction letter received from Robinson Way
    24/07/19-letter from Robway wanting to help
    25/07/19statement received from Santander
    23/09/19-balance reduction letter received from Robway
    03/10/19-letter from Robway confirming Financial help available
    21/01/20-letter recievd from drydenfairfax solicitors requesting contact by 4th Feb 2020.letter confirms not to underestimate seriousness of current circumstances.
    25/01/20-annual statement received from Santander
    27/01/20 CCA sent to Santander (copied to DrydensFairfax) 1st class signed for.
    04/02/20-letter received from Drydens confirming receipt
    27/2/20-CCA and income and expenditure form received directly from Drydens rather than Santander. Does this make any difference as the request was addressed to Santander with drydens only copied in?
    17/3/20-CCA request issued again to Santander
    24/04/20-so further letter received from Drydens today regarding Santander account stating I haven't replied or proposed a repayment and to do so to prevent further collection action.
    12/05/20 letter received from Santander they are unable to provide response due to COVID situation but will get CCA to me asap
    13/05/20 letter received from Drydens their client is offering a substantial discount or instalments please contact us before 25/5/20.
    15/05/20 letter and CCA received from Santander with transaction log . From their correspondence it looks like they think I have requested a SAR, which I didn’t. The CCA they have sent has an account number but no reference to myself and isn’t signed or dated. Their covering letter states they can comply with legal requirements by sending a copy of the agreement in the same form as the one I would have signed under consumer credit regs 1983. I also note from the activity log that they don’t appear to have issued a Default notice.

Awaiting CCA directly from request to Santander therefore currently U/E
    Last edited by scottygees; 15 May 2020, 12:47.

Comment

• So I have to admit I am feeling a bit low at the moment.Everything seems to be coming at me at once. I have the good folk at Joanna Connelly dealing with one claim against me but have now got a few more potential threats coming my way. I know I can’t crumble under the pressure but my wife also has a claim on the horizon and I know we can’t afford to instruct anyone to act on our behalf for her claim. This is the worst I have felt while on this journey and I feel it is just consuming my life at the moment. Apologies for the way I am expressing myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottygees View Post
        So I have to admit I am feeling a bit low at the moment.Everything seems to be coming at me at once. I have the good folk at Joanna Connolly dealing with one claim against me but have now got a few more potential threats coming my way. I know I can’t crumble under the pressure but my wife also has a claim on the horizon and I know we can’t afford to instruct anyone to act on our behalf for her claim. This is the worst I have felt while on this journey and I feel it is just consuming my life at the moment. Apologies for the way I am expressing myself.

Chin up Scotty

No need to apologise - we all have bad days when debt seems overwhelming.

Debt purchasers enjoy wearing you down so don't give them the satisfaction.

Niddy often says "it's only money" and he's right.

Your wife may not get a claim so cross that bridge when you get to it. Claims can be defeated before they even get to court, and when that happens you'll get enormous satisfaction and much-needed closure.

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Chin up Scotty

No need to apologise - we all have bad days when debt seems overwhelming.

Debt purchasers enjoy wearing you down so don't give them the satisfaction.

Niddy often says "it's only money" and he's right.

Your wife may not get a claim so cross that bridge when you get to it. Claims can be defeated before they even get to court, and when that happens you'll get enormous satisfaction and much-needed closure.

Di
          Sorry Di, I read on this site the number of times people have had claims discontinued, not gone to court, won in court etc and just have a suspicion that the one time that everything goes pear shaped will be on my own debts. I think so much appears to have come at us since New Year from both mine and wife’s accounts to prospective son in laws issues, my own operation etc that it has just overwhelmed me.

Comment

• I know it seems that all we hear about is the claims that have been defeated, discontinued etc and we should take heart from that. I honestly never believed I would have all my debts dealt with but now they are- only one ever got to court and a very nice man helped me defeat that one- with help from Jo&Co of course.

All you can do is take one day at a time, one letter at a time and deal with what happens. It really is only money and they can't take what you haven't got.

Comment

27/2/20-CCA and income and expenditure form received directly from Drydens rather than Santander. Does this make any difference as the request was addressed to Santander with drydens only copied in?

so Santander have returned my CCA request as the PO I sent was out of date. Considering Dryden have already sent these to me is it worth sending another request to Santander.?

Comment

Santander have returned my CCA request as the PO I sent was out of date. Considering Dryden have already sent these to me is it worth sending another request to Santander.?

I would send it to Santander again with an uo-to-date postal order so they can't say that your CCA Request was/is not valid.

Di

Comment

I would send it to Santander again with an uo-to-date postal order so they can't say that your CCA Request was/is not valid.

Di
                  Thanks Di

Comment

Di
                    Done ?

Comment

• so further letter received from Drydens today regarding Santander account stating I haven't replied or proposed a repayment and to do so to prevent further collection action.

Comment

so further letter received from Drydens today regarding Santander account stating I haven't replied or proposed a repayment and to do so to prevent further collection action.
                        Ah! bless them as if you were not aware of that ooppsss
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• [QUOTE=scottygees;n1533482]
                          Originally posted by scottygees View Post

As promised debt history given below
                          Santander
                          • Credit Card
                          • Date commenced -not known
                          • Approx balance £198.96
                          • Date last paid -Sept 2015
                          • Are you on arrangement or not paying-DMP but no payment since Feb 2017
                          • Status -not sure no longer on Credit report and no default notice in my paperwork
                          • Account owner-Santander
                          24/7/17-statement received from Santander
                          25/01/18-statement received from Santander
                          27/11/18-letter received from Santander appointing Moorcroft as their agent to collect
                          3/12/18-letter received from Moorcroft requesting payment .letter draws attention to there being a default applied from Santander to credit file but no date given when applied
                          17/12/18-letter received from Moorcroft citing possible further action
                          01/01/19-letter received from Moorcroft offering monthly instalment plan
                          15/01/19-letter receoved from Moorcroft confirming no payment yet in place, further action may be recommended. Now citing there may be a default registered by their client.
                          25/01/19-statement received from Santander
                          01/02/19-letter received from Moorcroft threatening doorstep visit
                          04/03/19-discount offer received from Moorcroft
                          03/04/19-letter received from Moorcroft outlining payment options
                          18/06/19-letter received from Santander appointing Robinson Way to manage account
                          29/06/19-introduction letter received from Robinson Way
                          24/07/19-letter from Robway wanting to help
                          25/07/19statement received from Santander
                          23/09/19-balance reduction letter received from Robway
                          03/10/19-letter from Robway confirming Financial help available
                          21/01/20-letter recievd from drydenfairfax solicitors requesting contact by 4th Feb 2020.letter confirms not to underestimate seriousness of current circumstances.
                          25/01/20-annual statement received from Santander
                          27/01/20 CCA sent to Santander (copied to DrydensFairfax) 1st class signed for.
                          04/02/20-letter received from Drydens confirming receipt
                          17/3/20-CCA request issued again to Santander
                          24/04/20-so further letter received from Drydens today regarding Santander account stating I haven't replied or proposed a repayment and to do so to prevent further collection action.

Awaiting CCA directly from request to Santander therefore currently U/E

This debt is currently unenforceable since Santander haven’t complied with your CCA Request sent to them on 17th March 2020.

Have you received an acknowledgment of your request from Santander yet?

Di

Comment

• [QUOTE=Diana Mayhew;n1534443]

This debt is currently unenforceable since Santander haven’t complied with your CCA Request sent to them on 17th March 2020.

Di
                            no not yet Di.

Comment

• Ok so I have just checked my credit report on Credit Karma and discovered the 3 accounts Lowell’s own have increased. They currently have a claim against me which Jo and her team are dealing on my behalf but it looks like they have added the court fees and solicitors costs to the balances and reported this to the CRA. Are they allowed to do this?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Diana Mayhew;n1534443]

Di

12/05/20 letter received from Santander they are unable to provide response due to COVID situation but will get CCA to me asap
                                13/05/20 letter received from Drydens their client is offering a substantial discount or instalments please contact us before 25/5/20.

I assume best course of action is to sit tight and await their next move? Just out of curiosity if I did make an offer what would be a suggested opening gambit?

Comment

Working...
                                X