GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Snudgerchops UE Diary. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snudgerchops UE Diary.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snudgerchops UE Diary.

Just keep the default notice safe.

What did you receive back from Barclaycard in response to your cca request?
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
      Mercers are in-house Barcraps. I hope you have kept the envelope containing the DN, may be an idea to staple them together as dates are important and, from what I've read on numerous posts, Barcraps/Mercers hardly ever get the DNs right!

It is their duty to serve you with a DN as well as to send statements of account, they're just doing what they're meant to do so there's no need to respond to these documents.

Look at the diaries here and you'll see Barcraps have been unable to supply a CCA in many cases, although they tend to be reluctant to admit it in the first place and just keep people waiting for a long time before telling them "sorry, we can't find it but you still owe... "

If the debt is UE and you're not paying they can add on as much interest as they want. Usually interest should stop after being defaulted. MBNA added it for 6-7 months after I stopped paying but it doesn't matter because I ain't paying. No CCA = no payment so the 'outstanding balance' becomes merely academic.

Thanks Flowerpower as always for the information.

The envelope has no post mark or date on it - TNT mail?? I will keep it though as you have suggested.

Not going to worry about the interest.

Thanks again.
      Last edited by snudgerchops; 30 May 2012, 07:23. Reason: Being a plonker

Comment

I don't deserve the thanks snudgerchops, it was Flowerpower

Just staple the envelope to the DN as suggested.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
          I don't deserve the thanks snudgerchops, it was Flowerpower

Just staple the envelope to the DN as suggested.
          I have corrected my error - I really must stop being a plonker.

Now stapled...........

Thanks Pixie/Flowerpower/everyone.....

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I've been quite unwell over the last two months and as a consequence I have not replied to any correspondence from my creditors. I know that this was the wrong thing to do but all I can tell you is that I was in no fit to do so. It's only now after some weeks of medication that I am almost back to normal.

So, my apologies to you all, I value this site and it's contributors more than I can tell you.

I'm going to try and update the diary in date order of correspondence received, I've ignored so many that some have been passed from one collection agency to another.

Hopefully you can be patient with me. Sorry for all the trouble.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Snudgerchops

Comment

Barclaycard CC

Balance: £8700
              Default: Not Defaulted - AP marker on credit file.
              Account Opened: 01/2004.

CCA request sent by recorded delivery. 03/03/2012.
              Received response to CCA request. Letter dated 22nd March. (This date is outwith the 12+2).

21st May received letter from Mercers - Default notice.

Ok Guys,

As I mentioned earlier been ignoring. So, abbreviated versions of letters below.

21/05/12 - Mercers. DEFAULT NOTICE SERVED UNDER SECTION 87 (1) OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974.

22/06/12 - Mercers. Immediate action needed. A DEBT COLLECTOR MAY CALL AT YOUR HOME TO OBTAIN FULL REPAYMENT.

19/07/12 - Mercers. Written letters to you, you have not responded. Passing debt to Calder Financial, a representative may call at your address.

31/07/12 - Resolvecall. Barclaycard Account. Acting on behalf of Mercers. Should you fail to contact Mercers may lead to personal visit to your home and we may commence legal action.

Do you think I should now write to Resolve or Mercers and what would be the best letter to send?

Thanks everyone for your help.

Snudgerchops.

Comment

Keep the DN safe together with the envelope it came in but don't mention it to anyone.

Mercers and Calders are both in-house Barcraps. When I got a similar letter back in January from Scotcall I sent both the threat of litigation ---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation and doorstep threat ---> Our Templates | Harassment & Intimidation Templates | Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit letters in the same envelope and the little chicks dropped the account like a hot potato, they replied saying "please find paperwork relating to an account we are no longer handling" with copies of the two letters on the very same day they received them. To clarify, this would go to Resolvecall.

That was the last I heard from anyone regarding that account.

Brilliant,

Thanks very much. I will print these off and post them today. Should I just send the letters to Resolvecall?

Comment

Yes, as they are the ones writing to you.

Sorry - Just read this template. Our Templates | Harassment & Intimidation Templates | Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit

This mentions English Common Law, I'm on Scotland would this still apply?

Thanks again

Comment

No need to apologise snudgerchops, as FP has said just look after yourself.

Best wishes
                    If...x
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Just looking into the Scottish Law aspect for you Snudgerchops.

Sorry to see you've been ill, hope you're feeling better now,

Elsa x

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                        Just looking into the Scottish Law aspect for you Snudgerchops.

Sorry to see you've been ill, hope you're feeling better now,

Elsa x

Much better now - Thanks Elsa.

Comment

Sorry about this guy's, told you I had ignored a lot.

MBNA CREDIT CARD/EXPERTO CREDITE

Balance: £4300
                          Default Date: 12/2009
                          Account Opened: 02/2003

CCA request sent by recorded delivery to Experto Credite. 03/03/2012.
                          Letter from Experto Credite, dated 5th March 2012, received 7th March. They have requested the information from MBNA. Full details of the letter can be seen by clicking the link in my first post above.

26/04/12 - Letter received from 'Aktiv Kapital', dated 118/04/12. They have bought the debt from Experto.
                          27/04/12 - Sent in response to above. Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute

Letter from Experto Credite: Supplied documentation as requested.
                          10/05/11 Emailed Niddy and he says
                          12/05/12 - SENT - Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms

Abbreviated versions below - Also ignored.

18/05/12 - Experto Credite - Resolve this balance, statement of account also included.

20/06/12 - Experto Credite - Failed to resolve matter. Through credit reference agency we cab see improvement in financial circumstances. Account is registered at CRA where a record of the amount is shown at your address.

09/07/12 - Aktiv Kapital - Purchased outstanding balance with Varde. Contact us arrange payment.

27/07/12 - Settlement Offer - Not received any communication from you. Call us.

Thanks again for all the assistance.

Should I just ignore these for the time being?
                          Last edited by snudgerchops; 6 August 2012, 15:34.

Comment

Good to hear you're on the mend.

As FP has said, your health comes first. x

EDIT: no need to apologise.
                            Last edited by Pixie; 6 August 2012, 15:33.

Comment

Originally posted by snudgerchops View Post
                              Sorry about this guy's, told you I had ignored a lot.

MBNA CREDIT CARD/EXPERTO CREDITE

Balance: £4300
                              Default Date: 12/2009
                              Account Opened: 02/2003

CCA request sent by recorded delivery to Experto Credite. 03/03/2012.
                              Letter from Experto Credite, dated 5th March 2012, received 7th March. They have requested the information from MBNA. Full details of the letter can be seen by clicking the link in my first post above.

26/04/12 - Letter received from 'Aktiv Kapital', dated 118/04/12. They have bought the debt from Experto.
                              27/04/12 - Sent in response to above. Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute

Letter from Experto Credite: Supplied documentation as requested.
                              10/05/11 Emailed Niddy and he says
                              12/05/12 - SENT - Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms

Abbreviated versions below - Also ignored.

18/05/12 - Experto Credite - Resolve this balance, statement of account also included.

20/06/12 - Experto Credite - Failed to resolve matter. Through credit reference agency we cab see improvement in financial circumstances. Account is registered at CRA where a record of the amount is shown at your address.

09/07/12 - Aktiv Kapital - Purchased outstanding balance with Varde. Contact us arrange payment.

27/07/12 - Settlement Offer - Not received any communication from you. Call us.

Thanks again for all the assistance.

Should I just ignore these for the time being?
                              Hi Snudgerchops

Glad you are feeling a bit better, I wouldn't do any more ignoring as you've been pretty lucky so far........... Is this one UE or are we still awaiting Niddy's pronouncement? regardless for the moment I'd do a one liner refering them to your letter of 12/05/2012. keep em a bit busy.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                                Hi Snudgerchops

Glad you are feeling a bit better, I wouldn't do any more ignoring as you've been pretty lucky so far........... Is this one UE or are we still awaiting Niddy's pronouncement? regardless for the moment I'd do a one liner refering them to your letter of 12/05/2012. keep em a bit busy.

Hi MrsD - Thanks for your reply. Niddy says this is

Was wondering if there was a template for this? Found "account sold whilst in dispute template"? Or is this the wrong thing to do?

Thanks again
                                Last edited by snudgerchops; 6 August 2012, 15:48. Reason: Being a plonker

Comment

Working...
                                X