GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Snudgerchops UE Diary. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snudgerchops UE Diary.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

If legal proceedings started in 2015 then the Statute Barred clock would have stopped ticking at that point. So if your last payment was in 2012 the debt would not be SB because the writ was issued.

What happened to those legal proceedings? Were Shoosmiths solicitors instructed in that matter?

Di
    Hi Diana,

Thank you for the reply.

Apologies - I've actually messed up. The legal proceedings was for a different account, on advice from Niddy and others I had to enter into an agreement to pay that account. I have now amended my diary below to reflect this. So, the last correspondence I had in relation to the below was on the 11/09/13. I have made no payments to this account since February 2012. I am resident in Scotland.

EGG LOAN/ARROW GLOBAL

Balance: £7500
    Default Date: 08/2009
    Account Opened: 04/2006

CCA request sent by recorded delivery to Arrow Global. 03/03/2012.
    Letter of response with Postal order returned. Dated, 15/03/2012.
    Niddy advised to send this 16/03/2012. http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/temp...lity/s2-t5.php
    Following sent by recorded delivery 19/03/2012. http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/temp...lity/s2-t5.php
    04/042012. Received letter in response to above.
    17/04/2012. Telephone call from RMA Resolve. Ignored.
    23/04/12. Letter from RMA Resolve. Received 10 days after the date on their letter.
    24/04/2012. 2nd letter from RMA Resolve. Received 7 days after the date on their letter.
    16/03/12. Received a "recon" against an online agreement for one which was completed over the phone.
    Niddy advised to send this. Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Forged Document Received
    31/10/12. Letter from Solicitors acting on behalf of Britannica Recoveries.
    03/11/12. Sent this. Account Sold whilst in Dispute
    11/09/13. Wescot - We no longer deal with this account, any further communication should be addressed to our client.

Thank you all for the assistance I really appreciate it.

Comment

If legal proceedings started in 2015 then the Statute Barred clock would have stopped ticking at that point. So if your last payment was in 2012 the debt would not be SB because the writ was issued.

What happened to those legal proceedings? Were Shoosmiths solicitors instructed in that matter?

Di
      Hi Diana,

Thank you for the reply.

Apologies - I've actually messed up. The legal proceedings was for a different account, on advice from Niddy and others I had to enter into an agreement to pay that account. I have now amended my diary below to reflect this. So, the last correspondence I had in relation to the below was on the 11/09/13. I have made no payments to this account since February 2012. I am resident in Scotland.

EGG LOAN/ARROW GLOBAL

Niddy advised to send this 16/03/2012. http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/temp...lity/s2-t5.php
      Following sent by recorded delivery 19/03/2012. http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/temp...lity/s2-t5.php
      23/04/12. Letter from RMA Resolve. Received 10 days after the date on their letter.
      24/04/2012. 2nd letter from RMA Resolve. Received 7 days after the date on their letter.
      16/03/12. Received a "recon" against an online agreement for one which was completed over the phone.
      Niddy advised to send this. Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Forged Document Received
      11/09/13. Wescot - We no longer deal with this account, any further communication should be addressed to our client.

Comment

• Originally posted by snudgerchops View Post

Hi Diana,

Thank you for the reply.

EGG LOAN/ARROW GLOBAL

So going off the above dates the account is SB,
        As you have had no further corrispondence for the account , Just let it sit there quietly sleeping x
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post

So going off the above dates the account is SB,
          As you have had no further corrispondence for the account , Just let it sit there quietly sleeping x
          Nightwatch and All,

I'm really sorry. I've not explained myself terribly well - It's been a while. Most recent correspondence 17/10/18.

Last payment was February 2012.

Diary updated to include most recent correspondence in relation to this account. Received a letter from Shoosmiths, acting on behalf of their client Britannica/Arrow - the original loan was with EGG. A history of the account is below. I have to respond by December 7th or they will write to me again, finally they say this, "If planning to seek advice it is essential you let us know as in the absence of your contact legal action may commence". The amount they are asking for is £5000 less than the original loan and they are offering me a discounted settlement figure, if I pay it they will mark my credit file as "partially settled" and this will remain for six years.

09/01/15. Received citation/writ/warrant from sheriff court on behalf of Britannica Recoveries S.A.R.L - Arrow.
          17/10/18. Received letter from Shoosmiths- Discounted settlement offer on behalf of client Britannica. Don't reply legal action might follow.

Really sorry for the confusion.

Thank you for the help

Comment

Nightwatch and All,

I'm really sorry. I've not explained myself terribly well - It's been a while. Most recent correspondence 17/10/18.

Last payment was February 2012.

Diary updated to include most recent correspondence in relation to this account. Received a letter from Shoosmiths, acting on behalf of their client Britannica/Arrow - the original loan was with EGG. A history of the account is below. I have to respond by December 7th or they will write to me again, finally they say this, "If planning to seek advice it is essential you let us know as in the absence of your contact legal action may commence". The amount they are asking for is £5000 less than the original loan and they are offering me a discounted settlement figure, if I pay it they will mark my credit file as "partially settled" and this will remain for six years.

. . . . . .

09/01/15. Received citation/writ/warrant from sheriff court on behalf of Britannica Recoveries S.A.R.L - Arrow.
            17/10/18. Received letter from Shoosmiths- Discounted settlement offer on behalf of client Britannica. Don't reply legal action might follow.

Really sorry for the confusion.

^ ^ ^ ^ If this is your updated post then it says you received a citation/writ on 9th January 2015.

If so what happened to those Scottish legal proceedings?

And were Shoosmiths the solicitors acting for Britannica when the legal proceedings were issued?

Di

Comment

^ ^ ^ ^ If this is your updated post then it says you received a citation/writ on 9th January 2015.

If so what happened to those Scottish legal proceedings?

And were Shoosmiths the solicitors acting for Britannica when the legal proceedings were issued?

Di
              Hi - Sorry for the confusion. Now amended, have removed the entry from 09/01/15, (was for a different account). Diary is now updated and correct.

Apologies again for the confusion and thank you for the assistance.

Comment

Hi - Sorry for the confusion. Now amended, have removed the entry from 09/01/15, (was for a different account). Diary is now updated and correct.

Apologies again for the confusion and thank you for the assistance.
                Hi All,

Just wondering if I should send the Statute Barred Template, (Scottish Request) or if I should just ignore the letter from the 17th?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Comment

• Diana Mayhew
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• send another sold in dispute letter, Shoosmiths may not know that you sent one in 2012

OR if you are certain it is SB then send that to Shoosmiths

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                      send another sold in dispute letter, Shoosmiths may not know that you sent one in 2012

OR if you are certain it is SB then send that to Shoosmiths
                      Hi Nightwatch,

Thank you.

I'm sure it is statute barred, last payment was February 2012.

Maybe the 'sold in dispute letter might be better at this time, I could always follow up with the statute barred letter if I receive any further correspondence from them. I'll have a think about it today.

Thank you again for the help.

Comment

• Hi All,

Wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for the sold in dispute template. I joined AAD+ but can't find it there either. Also, is it worthwhile transferring my diary to AAD+ or should I just leave it where it is?

Thank you for the help

Comment

• Hopefully this will take you to the right template https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum_c...%20Dispute.doc
                          I don’t think you need to move everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                            Hopefully this will take you to the right template https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum_c...%20Dispute.doc
                            I don’t think you need to move everything.
                            Thank you for the help and apologies for being a pest.

Comment

• No need to apologise, it’s always easy to find something when you know where it is

Comment

• Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                                No need to apologise, it’s always easy to find something when you know where it is
                                except in my house, when you ask the hubby to find something right in front of them,

Comment

Working...
                                X