No announcement yet.

A lesson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just don't go eating ice cream- it is a killer :-)

Comment

Quote "Those that were banned were arguing against the AAD Diary insisting on sending out the LBC template."
      There was more to it than that.
      As the debate was in the Mod's area and by private e-mails, I cannot say what went on, But I do know they were not all banned. they chose to no longer be a part of AAD.
      There is a differance.

Now Please stop taking over this poster's thread.
      If you wish to start a debate, please Start a new thread.
      Last edited by nightwatch; 26 July 2024, 09:18.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Such a shame to see the site descending into this
        Last edited by Lola girl; 6 August 2024, 16:30.

Comment

As expected , yesterday I received a brush off from the FOS email. I have replied saying I will be providing more evidence and want my complaint to be escalated. I will show that in the past they tried to mislead me.

Comment

last week I received an email from a company called OPOS, they were asking me to contact them to let them know if I am me or not,
            No reference to what it is about just an OPos ref and telephone number ( Scotland) or I could , log in on their website to check out what messages they had sent me,
            Decided not to bother, but on checking them out found they do collection work for Intrum and Resolve call.

This week another email, saying I could have a reduction in the debt I owe, just log in and see what awaits,

Of course I will log in to a company I know nothing about, to pay a reduced sum of money for a debt I have been told nothing about, while knowing that any debts I did have are all SB, or cannot/ should not be taken to court,
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi NW
              If it helps, Opos are the collection arm of Kapama. As far as I can work out, they were created to collect on the book of mini credit who were dissolved 8 or 9 years ago now. Mini credit were a particularly nasty pay day loan company.

Comment

I had a letter from Opos about a Nationwide credit card. They threatened "further recovery action" which turned out to be another letter offering a discount, and then they gave up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                  I had a letter from Opos about a Nationwide credit card. They threatened "further recovery action" which turned out to be another letter offering a discount, and then they gave up.
                  Thats the problem, they haven't written to me, just an email out of the blue with no info of who they are, or what debt it is for,I am just assuming its for the intrum debt as they were the last to contact me.
                  Oh yes, If I'm not me I should still contact them to let them know I'm not me.
                  Last edited by nightwatch; 2 September 2024, 16:58. Reason: can't spell. or maybe I can if I turn the light on.

Comment

Working...
                  X