GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help/Advice needed please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help/Advice needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help/Advice needed please

Good Morning All,

Apologies for not updating sooner concerning the Co-op fiasco:

Recap: Court proceedings discontinued by the Co-op back in March 2009 – DH has a letter from Solicitors stating “as our client has discontinued Court proceedings against you they are unable to bring a further claim for the same debt without permission from the Court. Our client confirms that they will not be requesting the Court’s permission to commence recovery proceedings against you in relation to Account Number xxxxxxxxxxxxx”

As well as previous mentioned threatograms starting up again in November 2011, the following have arrived since:

February 2012 - DH received a yellow NOTIFICATION card (in an envelope) from Credit Ancillary Services Ltd – instructed by Equidebt

May 2012 – Orange SETTLEMENT OFFER letter from Credit Ancillary Services – saying to call them for more details of a one-off settlement discount

June 2012 – Letter from The Co-operative Bank stating the account has been transferred to Wescot Credit Services who are managing the account on behalf of the Co-op

June 2012 – Letter from Wescot stating they have been instructed by the client to collect

July 2012- Further letter from Wescot headed FINAL Notice – failure to pay could result in further action being taken etc. etc!

July 2012– Letter from Nelson Guest & Partners Solicitors – Stating Wescot willing to offer a 40% discount to settle the account

August 2012– Further letter from Nelson Guest & Partners Solicitors – stating unless full payment is made to Wescot within 10 days, further recovery action will be undertaken

All of these letters have been ignored but filed.

Any thoughts on whether we should carry on filing and ignoring for now or should we write to them? Any advice always appreciated, thank you

Comment

I'd be prone to just continue to ignore them - they can't do much at this stage can they?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks guys, will file and ignore then!

Comment

Good afternoon all

Just an update:

Wescot has sent a letter advising unless DH phones them to agree a suitable method of repayment they will refer him to a Door step Collection Agent

Our door step is becoming that popular I can see fights breaking out about who gets to collect it!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by reallyhadenough View Post
            Good afternoon all

Just an update:

Wescot has sent a letter advising unless DH phones them to agree a suitable method of repayment they will refer him to a Door step Collection Agent

Our door step is becoming that popular I can see fights breaking out about who gets to collect it!!!!!
            Hmmmm there must be a 'season' for doorstep collecting as Wescot have sent me the same letter!

I'm wondering that they are getting as much collecting in as possible, while its still 'warm' as once the Autumn sets is I bet collecting doorsteps isn't so popular
            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good Morning All,

I am posting a further update and need advice please.

Recap: Court proceedings discontinued by the Co-op back in March 2009 – DH has a letter from Solicitors stating “as our client has discontinued Court proceedings against you they are unable to bring a further claim for the same debt without permission from the Court. Our client confirms that they will not be requesting the Court’s permission to commence recovery proceedings against you in relation to Account Number xxxxxxxxxxxxx”

Various DCA's tried their luck from actually November 2009 regarding this.

Fast forward to January this year, DH received a 'Notice of Assignment' letter from the Leeds losers aka Lowell. They have written relentlessly since then and the latest is from red debt collection services (a trading style of Lowell). All have been filed but ignored so far, however, it would seem that a response may have to be made to this latest threatogram.

As it has been assigned, DH is concerned that the above statement made by the co-op via Cobbetts LLP will be of no consequence should the Leeds losers decide to take legal action.

Not really sure of how to proceed with this, does anyone have any ideas please? Appreciate any help, thank you

Comment

I would write back and say see attached letter which confirms that the client stated they will not seek to take this back through the courts and you are minded to follow suit. Any claim will be defended with a full claim for costs forthcoming, after all there is a reason the last claim was discontinued - why do you think that was?

See how they like that....
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy, will do as you say, you're a star!

Comment

Working...
                  X