GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help/Advice needed please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help/Advice needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help/Advice needed please

Just subbing in order to see what Equidebt plan next

Comment

Any update / future developments here......?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi all, hope you all had a good Christmas and wishing a happy New Year to you all

Update, DH has received a DOORSTEP APPOINTMENT NOTIFICATION letter lol! They say if they do not hear from DH within 7 days they will instruct a debt recovery agent to arrange an appointment to call and discuss blah blah blah!

Not overly concerned about this at this pont tbh as they're just grasping at straws (again). We have copies of the "doorstep" letter telling them to foxtrot oscar near the front door! They don't have our telephone number so I suppose the next step will be a letter asking to arrange a convenient date to visit? Well, that'll be the 12th of never then lol! Then again, maybe nothing will happen except on to the next pond life?? Can't really see what any DCA can do legally, only the original creditor can bring court action and they'd be treading on thin ice yes?

Thanks for reading
        Last edited by reallyhadenoug; 15 January 2012, 13:32. Reason: Pressed enter too soon doh!

Comment

I imagine even DCAs are having a hard time of it at the moment.. which is why they are trying so hard to scare people into paying.. even when they know they are on a hiding to nothing .. !!

Comment

Or else they're running out of space, after having collected so many doorsteps?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
              Or else they're running out of space, after having collected so many doorsteps?

I've had numerous threatograms of door step visits (about 15-20), and only 1 has turned up, after a very short(30 seconds at most) convervation, No, No, No, Bye, he left looking somewhat bemuzzed and without my doorstep
              It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Lol at the above comments! Funny hubby and I have become attached to our doorstep too
                Last edited by reallyhadenoug; 17 January 2012, 13:24. Reason: hit the return again too soon lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Numpty Monkey View Post
                  I've had numerous threatograms of door step visits (about 15-20), and only 1 has turned up, after a very short(30 seconds at most) convervation, No, No, No, Bye, he left looking somewhat bemuzzed and without my doorstep
                  It probably was insufficiently rare - he'd have several just like it already.

Comment

I haven't got a doorstep so they're welcome to call round my place

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                      I haven't got a doorstep so they're welcome to call round my place
                      Have they taken yours.............
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                        Have they taken yours.............
                        Nope. Put it into storage so they can't find it

Comment

Good afternoon all, just an update, again, not unduly worried!

ScottCall have reared their ugly head (is there any other lol) headed:

DOORSTEP COLLECTION NOTICE- PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

It goes on to say this debt has now been placed with them - no really?

Failure to pay or contact immediately will result in your account being passed to our Field Representatives to arrange a Doorstep Call to make arrangements to repay this debt.

Blah blah blah...

Do you think we should reply and tell them our doorstep is not for collection?

Thanks for reading!

Comment

I wonder what they do with all the Doorsteps they do collect ?

Comment

Obviously having a field day

Comment

Originally posted by greymatter View Post
                                Obviously having a field day
                                Or stocking up in the event of a turf war?

Comment

Working...
                                X