GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help/Advice needed please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help/Advice needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help/Advice needed please

Originally posted by reallyhadenough View Post
    Sorry, product start date was 2000 NOT 2007!!
    Now that changes things - A LOT!!

Back soon, just got few bits to sort out. But suffice to say I'd not worry right now, certainly not unless they have issued new proceedings but that would be unlikely now.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok thanks

Comment

Yes, hubby did go to Court in 2009, it was listed as a "Directions Hearing".
        A directions hearing? How strange - however that's not really court. It's usually when a judge directs both parties to a hearing - usually if things are a bit wrong!

It's not the same as going to court and as such this explains why they dropped it last time, judge probably told em they'll lose blah blah but a lot has changed case law wise since 2009.

I'd stop stressing and see what happens next.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Tbh, it was quite a big deal for hubby (ex military and suffers from PTSD) but the Judge was very good. The solicitor's rep was a "rented" one and she was flumoxed though so lol to that part of the hearing.

Mind you, as it so obviously hasn't been assigned to the parasites (Equidebt) you're probably right that they won't be issuing Court proceedings anytime soon. So, you think that we should just file and ignore their treatograms?

Thanks again for replying

Comment

treatograms should read threatograms lol!!

Comment

You can edit posts you know )

Yea I'd just wait n see what happens. Give us a shout as and when they contact you

Comment

Hi really had enough,

Just stick with what Niddy says here. if the agreement inception was 2000 then it falls before the cutoff date of April 2007 and you still have the full protection of s127 in its original form. I would concur with waht he said in the judge at the time probably told them that they would lose and they discontinued. However we still win for members so tell your OH to chill out a bit and sleep easier tonight. Have a read around the site particularly in the UE diaries and you will soon see how others are dealing with their problems. You have support and help here and generally the site is manned almost 24/7. There is no abuse allowed here so do not worry about asking, even if you feel it is trivial, just ask away.

regards
                Garlok

Comment

Thank you so much, very reassuring We'll just wait and see what other drivel they send us, well it is nearly Christmas and they have to have their fun where they can lol!

Yes, I shall certainly look around the forum, thanks
                  Last edited by reallyhadenoug; 8 December 2011, 12:22.

Comment

they have to have their fun where they can lol!
                    Like this?

Comment

Pmslol! They probably couldn't even get that right!!!

Comment

Comment

Eeeew! Wouldn't want to go anywhere near their rear end! Lol!

Comment

Good afternoon all.

Just an update really.

My husband received a final demand letter from Equidebt today, obviously a scare tactic, the letter is red lol!

It states that if payment is not recieved and they have to resort to legal action, the consequence of not paying may include:

• A bailiff visit
                            • Earnings attachment order
                            • A Charge being registered against our property

Or alternately they may instruct one of their agents to make an apointment to visit.

Surely they are misleading at best about possible legal action as it isn't assigned?

Thanks for reading!

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
                            Last edited by reallyhadenoug; 19 December 2011, 13:42.

Comment

They ain't going anywhere on this at the moment as you say it is not assigned and they cannot do anything on their own. Just the usual scare tactics at the moment and I would ignore it for now.

regards
                              Garlok

Comment

Thanks Garlock Just as I had thought, just another Christmas spoiler eh lol!!

Comment

Working...
                                X