GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tesco Credit Card - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesco Credit Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tesco Credit Card

I have just mentioned this in a post in AAD+, but I will mention it here too, as it is nice to see someone else is having the same problem! Tesco's so-called 'security' procedures over the years have caused us SO much trouble and aggro that it's not true. My browser is set to clear cookies when it shuts down, and EVERY TIME we used to log onto their website we used to get a message saying 'it looks like you are signing in from an unknown computer - please phone us to verify your identity'. As my wife at some point forgot her password (it's in her name), that was where the fun started. It is impossible to reset a password with Tesco other than by phoning them, and as my wife works very long hours (she was a headteacher...), she never used to get home in time, so it would be weeks and weeks before she managed. When she finally did get round to it, what they would do is insist on sending the new password by text - only the texts never used to arrive! We told them about that but they refused to accept it and said it was our fault, and the only way they would help us would be to send a temp password by snailmail, which would only work once and then we would have to pick a new one - which we did, and then the next time we logged in that didn't work either and the whole circus started again.

Those arseholes have caused me SO much grief over the years that this is the card I would like to default on the most! Anyway, what I wanted to say in connection with this thread was that we sent a CCA request in May, and got a reply back some weeks later saying we should phone them because they were unable to verify the signature. I then wrote back saying that CCA 1974 required communication with an ADDRESS, not a person, and got a reply saying no it didn't, and would we phone them. And there it stands. I am so pissed off with them it isn't true - they are the only credit card company that doesn't manage a perfectly viable online password rest system, and I suspect that the reason they do it is simply to create 'system drag' and grind people down. Which they have successfully done with me!

Comment

Debtguy - in AAD+ templates. Head to the UE templates -> section 3 -> check out the CCA signature refusal templates. That's what you need to send (there's 3 variations)....

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post489188
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Debtguy - in AAD+ templates. Head to the UE templates -> section 3 -> check out the CCA signature refusal templates. That's what you need to send (there's 3 variations)....

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post489188
        Thanks - sent the first, and then used the second with modifications. Now waiting to hear back from them...

Comment

Hi debt guy, sorry you have had so much grief from Tescos. They have accepted very reduced payments for over 12 years and have always played nicely; it's only since I requested the CCA that they have been idiots! They have dropped off the credit files but it will take another 6 years to become SB. If only they had been nasty from the start then they would have been cleared by now!!!!!

I have sent different letters to them which they have ignored.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
            Hi debt guy, sorry you have had so much grief from Tescos. They have accepted very reduced payments for over 12 years and have always played nicely; it's only since I requested the CCA that they have been idiots! They have dropped off the credit files but it will take another 6 years to become SB. If only they had been nasty from the start then they would have been cleared by now!!!!!

I have sent different letters to them which they have ignored.
            is it enforceable or not? If not then you could force a claim & we'd help fight it..... There are options. Not saying what to do but if for instance it was UE and there's other issues then cessation of payment forces their hand. They issue a claim (if we win its gone) or they let it go SB. Either way you're not paying are you....

Have a think
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

No, not paying, but only just stopped . I have no idea whether it is enforceable because they won't send anything without a signature.
              its OH's card and he is a wuss, but as I have seen what AAD can achieve I am ready to fight or work with anything thrown at us
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Tesco sent me something but said it was under the DPA not CCA, so i argue this point every time it is passed on ,

Comment

It's now with their recoveries team and can we make an immediate payment. No.

Comment

No , you little tinker xxx
                    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

No CCA without a signature; no payments made since they refuse CCA, if we don't contact them immediately account may be passed to DCA.

Comment

bet your quivering in your Shoe

Comment

Heard back from Tescos ...... 'They are going to commence further action which could involve handing the account to a debt collector. They are offering a discount of £800! Still no CCA as no signature.

Comment

I may of been tempted to pay the £800 if they offered it lol, but only if it may be enforceable of course.

Comment

No NW, if it had been £800 I would have considered paying!!! It is a discount of £800, they still want over £3000! And they still haven't supplied any documentation because OH hasn't signed his letter.

Comment

Another letter, 'important I must take action today and ring ******' ,this is the final opportunity before the debt collectors are clawed in. Still in default of CCA request because letter digitally signed.

Comment

Working...
                                X