GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script KKA's Unenforceability Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KKA's Unenforceability Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KKA's Unenforceability Diary

OK Guys, thanks for the advice!
    KKA

Comment

HI Guys.
      Just received another letter from MKDP; as follows....any advice would be appreciated!

Please accept this letter as a final response to your concerns.
      Due to the current status of the above account, the full outstanding balance is now due.
      We are currently unable to provide the current terms of the credit agreement. we accept that we are therefore prevented from enforcing the agreement with you while this state of affairs continues.
      Notwithstanding that we cannot currently enforce the agreement, our rights continue to exist under the agreement.you should therefore continue to pay the debt that as accrued on her account. (yes mistake on letter).
      We can and will continue to take any action short of enforcement and requesting payment we refer you to the case of Philip McGuffick v RBS (2009).
      This completes our obligation under section 78 of the act.
      You are liable for the outstanding balance stated above and we will resume our attempts to contact you to discuss the account.
      Due to the infomration stated above i regret to inform you that we will not be able to uphold your complaint.
      Yours Sincerely.....

Comment

Originally posted by KKA View Post
        HI Guys.
        Just received another letter from MKDP; as follows....any advice would be appreciated!

Please accept this letter as a final response to your concerns.
        Due to the current status of the above account, the full outstanding balance is now due.
        We are currently unable to provide the current terms of the credit agreement. we accept that we are therefore prevented from enforcing the agreement with you while this state of affairs continues.
        Notwithstanding that we cannot currently enforce the agreement, our rights continue to exist under the agreement.you should therefore continue to pay the debt that as accrued on her account. (yes mistake on letter).
        We can and will continue to take any action short of enforcement and requesting payment we refer you to the case of Philip McGuffick v RBS (2009).
        This completes our obligation under section 78 of the act.
        You are liable for the outstanding balance stated above and we will resume our attempts to contact you to discuss the account.
        Due to the infomration stated above i regret to inform you that we will not be able to uphold your complaint.
        Yours Sincerely.....
        Yeah ....just keep that letter very safe .....

I'd ignore that letter if it were me ....just let us know if they contact you again ....
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I had the same one for one of mine,

they did send me a letter saying that they were considering legal action, so I sent a letter suggesting that they all talk to each other as they had told me it was unenforceable and they were unable to take it any further (at the moment)
          They sent a letter back apologising for the mistake but would like me to carry on paying them,not heard off them since
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok Guys, thanks, will keep you updated with any further correspondence.
            KKA

Comment

Re: County Court Claim Received - Can Anyone Help?

Originally posted by KKA View Post
              PlanB; currently have 9 creditors, The only other one chasing at present is another Barclaycard (old EGG card) which was sold at the same time to MKDP; i have sent a CCA request and awaiting a response.

. . . . At present this is the only regular payment i am currently making.
              Is that MKDP letter in relation to the old Egg card which they purchased and you're still making payments towards this debt?

Plan B x

Comment

hi Plan B
                yes its an old egg card debt, but no not making payments, stopped around 18 month ago, the only regular payment i make to 9 creditors is one which got a ccj in 2011.
                this is the one i was referring to in an earlier post.
                KKA

Comment

Hi Guys
                  Just an update and looking for some advice on my earlier posts.
                  Following the dispute final response letter received from MKDP in June 2015 all went quiet.
                  In October last year i received a letter from HPH2 stating that MKDP had assigned all rights for the debt to HPH2 and that Robinson Way had been appointed to manage the account.
                  I then received 2 standard letters from Robinson Way, then the letter stating that it is 10 days until referred to solicitor (Howard Cohen & Co).
                  Howard Cohen have now issued a letter stating NOTICE OF PENDING LEGAL ACTION and that if i do not respond in 10 days legal proceedings will be issued without notice.

Can anybody advise on what course of action to take?
                  Much Appreciated
                  KKA

Comment

Most of MKDP accounts have been passed to HPH2 see here http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?19096-Barclaycard-%28MKDP%29-Sold-to-Hoist-Portfolio

post up on there and see what the others (Niddy) says to do, normally it would be a LBA template you would use but it depends on the advice from our solicitor at the moment xxx

Comment

Hi KKA,
                      Just to recap, this was an old Egg Card, taken over by Barclaycard then with MKDP who sold it to Hoist Portfolio. Prior to this MKDP had written to say that they could not enforce it as they were unable to supply the T&C's at termination.
                      Hoist have appointed Robinson Way as their agents and they've now passed it Howard Cohen Solicitors, who've written threatening to start court proceedings without further notice if you don't respond. Have I got that right?

According to the guide post by Niddy in the thread Nanna linked above (thanks Nanna ) as they're still in default of your CCA Request you shouldn't send another.

However as what you've received is undoubtedly a Letter Before Action you do need to send an LBA response. The guide post has a specific LBA template but it's only applicable to claims issued by PRA / Restons / Shoosmiths. As yours is with Cohens I would check with Niddy first re which template to send, as you may just need the standard one. I'll flag your thread up for his attention.

Elsa x

Comment

See here - follow that post! Issue the LBA - it will be fine

--> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post541856
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Elsa/Niddy
                          Yes your recap is correct, however the letter received doesn't say Letter before Action but Notice of Pending Legal Action (does this make a difference)?
                          The letter states that unless acceptable proposals for paying the amount owed are received within 10 days, we are instructed to issue proceedings in the county court with a view to obtaining a CCJ against you. If we issue proceedings we shall ask the court for an order adding legal costs and interest to the amount you owe. if the court grants our request, then the amount you owe will be increased.

Certain procedural rules governlclaims in the county court. a failure to follow those rules may result in the court imposing sanctions for non-compliance ???????

If you are unable to pay the full balance within 10 days, please contact Robinson Way to discuss an affordable payment which will stop action. If we do not hear from you, legal proceedings will be issued without further notice.

Its not signed by an individual, just a fancy italic font Howard Cohen & Co.

Should i still send the LBA template from the link?
                          Thanks for your help.
                          KKA

Comment

I Would if it were me

Comment

Hi KKA, it is a woefully inadequate one but a Letter Before Action nonetheless, as it threatens to issue without further notice.

Yep, send the LBA response. .

Elsa x

Comment

Thanks guys, will have this posted 1st thing in the morning.
                                KKA

Comment

Working...
                                X