GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Oakfieldboy Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oakfieldboy Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lloyds Bank Credit Card
    - now Lowell

Letter from Robinson way dated 01/08/2018 Please contact us to make payment. We may be able to offer a reduction to the balance you owe to settle this account. To help you further you may even be able to pay the reduced balance by instalments you can afford.

Comment

This is, I my opinion just a oy to try and get you to engage.
      My thought is, at some point you will need to tell them the accou t is in dispute since Lloyd's failed to comply with your cca request - maybe not strictly true but Niddy says its unenforceable but there is no need to tell them that or what the mistakes are.

Diana Mayhew any other thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by oakfieldboy View Post
        Lloyds Bank Credit Card
        - now Lowell

Letter from Robinson way dated 01/08/2018 Please contact us to make payment. We may be able to offer a reduction to the balance you owe to settle this account. To help you further you may even be able to pay the reduced balance by instalments you can afford.
        They May offer a reduction, they may not, they may let you pay balance at a reduced rate by instalments, But is that the reduced (remaining) balance after you have paid the reduced sum in one go???
        My letter from them in September 2017 offers me a reduction to pay only 33% of the amount owing but then says 'To make it even easier you can pay off the REMAINING balance in instalments'
        so you have to be careful when you get these" we want to help "letters
        As Warwick says just a letter to get you to engage with them, I would ignore for now,

NW
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Halifax - Moorcroft

Letter from Moorcroft dated 07/08/2018 IMPORTANT INFORMATION-POSSIBLE FURTHER ACTION

To prevent possible further debt recovery action, please send your payment proposal before 14/08/18 or Telephone 01614752808 within the next seven days.

If you do not contact us following receipt of this letter we may have no alternative other than to recommend to our clients that they consider possible further debt recovery action against you.

Comment

Originally posted by oakfieldboy View Post
            Halifax - Moorcroft

Letter from Moorcroft dated 07/08/2018 IMPORTANT INFORMATION-POSSIBLE FURTHER ACTION

To prevent possible further debt recovery action, please send your payment proposal before 14/08/18 or Telephone 01614752808 within the next seven days.

If you do not contact us following receipt of this letter we may have no alternative other than to recommend to our clients that they consider possible further debt recovery action against you.
            Why do the put it in such big letters, it's not as if you can read it any louder.
            Do they say what further action MAY be taken? no, just file and wait for the next instalment
            NW
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

more emergency paper in case of emergency use un-printed side then flush lol
              Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 19 August 2018, 20:54.

Comment

I have lots of those types of letters, always found Moorcroft to be rank amateurs who will pass it back if they do not get a payment

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
                  I have lots of those types of letters, always found Moorcroft to be rank amateurs who will pass it back if they do not get a payment
                  Absolutely have to agree with what Warwick said........In some respects the longer that Moorcroft have the account......the better.......

Comment

Capital One - Lowell

Letter from Lowell dated 14/08/2018 We have now tried on a number of occasions to help you clear your account by contacting us to discuss an affordable repayment solution. We will shortly be passing your account to our collections department or one of our approved debt collections agency. They will be instructed to contact you regarding your account and seek to recover the outstanding balance through the appropriate means.

We are willing to offer you a discount of 30% of your balance. We can accept this figure paid in instalments that you can realistically afford, taking in to consideration your financial circumstances and repayment can be weekly, fortnightly or monthly, which ever suits you best. If applicable, when your account is settled we will update your credit file to reflect this. Please note that any account settled with a discount will show as partly satisfied.

Comment

Personally i would file, I am not up to speed on the trading names they use these days but back in the day it was Red and Fredricksons who were just the same company

I also think offers of discounts are often just to get you to engage with them.

Comment

Halifax Loan - Moorcroft

Letter from Moorcroft dated 21/08/2018 MONTHLY INSTALMENT OFFER

As we have no received any communication from you with regards to your outstanding, we are concern that your financial position means that you may not be in a position to meet our requests to clear the account in full.
                        We can confirm that we are prepared to accept a sensible monthly payment plan which reflects your financial circumstances and is one you can afford to maintain. If you wish to take advantage of this repayment opportunity please phone.
                        Failure to respond within 7 days of receipt of this letter may leave us with no option but to recommence collection activity.

Comment

begging you?

Comment

I would say same old same old although without looking back its difficult to know for sure

Comment

See posts #67 and #68 above, and file letter.

Comment

You can safely date and file those letters

recommence collection activity = Send you another letter ( or 7 !!!!!)

Comment

Working...
                                X