GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Citicard / Opus / Cabot Vs The Chippy - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Citicard / Opus / Cabot Vs The Chippy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Citicard / Opus / Cabot Vs The Chippy

............but nothing yet, still can't access.

Am I being impatient?...................
    -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

yup, they are oked by Nids, he might be watching the footy, cheering on his long lost relatives from Uruguay

Comment

I'll just hang on a bit then.
        Probably won't sit down to reply to the cretins until Sat anyway.............

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          Cabot are perfectly entitled to ignore your CPUTR letter so I don't see any point in sending it again to them or Marlin.

Have you ever sent Citi, Opus, Cabot or Marlin a s.78 CCA request? I can't see that you have from reading this thread *

Is this the first letter you've received from Marlin? Are Marlin acting as a DCA for Cabot or have they purchased this debt. Have you received a Notice of Assignment from anyone?

If Marlin are hinting at litigation you need to keep your eye on the ball since they mostly use Restons solicitors who go for it.

* Edit: I see you sent a CCA request to Citi in 2010.
          Sorry,

Just to let you know...

Yes, first letter from Marlin and they don't own the debt - it's still with Cabot.

Comment

Got a bit tied up over the w/e, so just sorted it to post tmrw.
            Will let you know the outcome...

They really are cheeky scum these dca's. Just noticed the letter gave 7 days to respond from the date of the letter. It was dated 14th but not received until 19th!

A ploy to give you little time to respond?? They really do take the piss.

Comment

Belated update - sorry!

The letter done the trick and has put them back on their back foot.
              Their latest is they are going to request a copy of the agreement from the OC again!!
              Mind you, they did say that if they can't get hold of the agreement that the debt is unenforceable - but I should still pay..........

They had no luck finding it when they owned the debt, so I can't see them trying very hard now they've sold it on!!

Comment

Well you really couldn't make it up.......

Now have a letter from Weightmans on behalf of their client Marlin.
                In a nutshell, it says considering that I have NOT raised any valid dispute on the account, I need to fill in their IE form and contact them with my repayment proposals within 7 days. Do these people not communicate?, are they not aware that Marlin are requesting the CCA again?

Should I respond to them guy's??

Thanks as always.

Comment

Originally posted by thechippy View Post
                  Well you really couldn't make it up.......

Now have a letter from Weightmans on behalf of their client Marlin.
                  In a nutshell, it says considering that I have NOT raised any valid dispute on the account, I need to fill in their IE form and contact them with my repayment proposals within 7 days. Do these people not communicate?, are they not aware that Marlin are requesting the CCA again?

Should I respond to them guy's??

Thanks as always.
                  I 'd send them a S I D if it were me ....let them sort it out............
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sorry Deepie,

What's a S I D?

Comment

sold in dispute!

Comment

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ah,

Of course.

However, the way it stands is this...

The account is owned by Cabot (but was in fact sold to them whilst in clear dispute)
                          Cabot have put Marlin on the case, who have in turn put Weightman's solicitors on the case.

Comment

Originally posted by thechippy View Post
                            Ah,

Of course.

However, the way it stands is this...

The account is owned by Cabot (but was in fact sold to them whilst in clear dispute)
                            Cabot have put Marlin on the case, who have in turn put Weightman's solicitors on the case.
                            But they need to know that it's in dispute ....they won't know....plus it kills a bit of time.....

Comment

Ah,

Yeh makes sense now.

Cheers buddy.
                              Will get that off at the w/e.

Comment

You could send em a copy of the letter where it was admitted that the agreement can't be found and that the account is therefore unenforceable and point out that because of that they can't win at trial and you don't feel inclined to make a voluntary payment to them. Ask them whether they acknowledge that under such circumstances there is certainly a valid dispute regarding enforceability. Your letter and their reply might turn into handy exhibits if it goes to court later.

Comment

Working...
                                X