GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Unenforceability Help Required - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unenforceability Help Required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unenforceability Help Required

Literally just won at FOS against this crowd.

Our problem was they did not default us even when the card had been taken off us and were showing AP's 1,2,3,4,5 and then AP's again. We couldnt use the account but they claimed i was still fully operational.

They were charging interest and charges during this time. Paid it off and then decided to try and get a default back to when all our problems started thus removing all the crappy trailing information.

After 6 months at FOS we have an Ombudsmans decision that should be literally about now where they have made them retrospectively default back 4 years plus they have awarded us all the interest and charges that should not have been levied post the default.

Ombudsman slammed Halifax for not following ICO rules as to what a default was after Halifax said it wasnt a default according to their rules. If there is a breakdown between creditor and client then that seems to have been good enough for our ombudsman to rule against them and got us all that post default interest and charges back.

Like you everyone else bar Halifax seemed to play ball and stop this aspect. This shower just kept the debt the same whatever you did until they got the money.

Absolute shower they are.

Comment

I'd not settle. Why bother?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

FOS have already investigated and got Halifax to pay back interest

They state only a court can judge if
        It's enforceable

To be honest I have had approx 6 debt collection agencies chase for this and wescot seem to be the only one playing by rules and being amicable

They have already put forward offers of less than £580 which Halifax has refused and lead to Halifax contacting me stating account enforceable

I believe I owe £400 which was even before I realised the Accout was UE

£580 I feel is good enough if it stops them chasing me for debt and also I now have a family so want to plan for our future rather than trying to fight this account

Last thing I have hardly anymore space in my office or PC to store all comms regarding this account

So ideally guys I may pay the £580 but need confirmation that the letter they have sent covers me for the future and Halifax will not chase me for debt

Comment

bump

Comment

Can you email me (see my signature below) the exact letter they sent please? I'll then confirm and sort you a response to cover such an eventuality not occurring.

edit - just seen the letter. Hold fire, let's haggle one last time yea? I'll sort you a reply once you clarify your last offer (that you made).....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy last offer was for £580

Comment

Niddy to be honest my friend said he is happy to pay the £580

Wescot also advise that they will more likely pass debt back if not agreed so unsure what we can do

either way ill await your reply

Comment

oh niddy my last offer that I made was £425 and they offered £580

Comment

Originally posted by kamba View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]14012[/ATTACH]
                    Click the attached file and the template is for you to use, just attach the £580 by way of cheque - if you're unsure who to make it payable to, always default it to the firm you are writing to - in this case make it payable to Wescot.

The template below is written for this case and not for general use - so it will only be relevant to your particular case whereby you're making a F&F payment of £580 to make this go away.

Full & Final Settlement Offer - Kamba.doc

Comment

Niddy

You are the best

I really do thank all your support and I'm sure many others do on this forum

I will get this printed and sent off

Comment

westcot have confirmed in writing that money recieved and account will be marked as partially settled without anyone chasing for remaining in future

thanks guys i am now officially debt free and able to move on with my life

Comment

westcot have confirmed in writing that money recieved and account will be marked as partially settled without anyone chasing for remaining in future

I am so pleased kamba, well done to you and Niddy.........brilliant result
                          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Well done pal, nicely done

Comment

Working...
                            X