GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Don't know what to do. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't know what to do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Don't know what to do.

Hi Niddy,

I will take your advice and sit tight for now.In answer to question I own my home without mortgage.This happened because when I sold my flat to buy my house the bank would not let me carry the mortgage over to the house and made me pay up the full amount owed.

Comment

Hi everyone I hope you are all well.So I sat and waited for the next DCC to contact me and sure enough 2 weeks ago the phone rang and it was Capquest.They ring at least twice a day and have sent me a letter threatening legal action.Ive not had a letter like this before so Im not sure how to react.They have given me until the 15 Dec to contact them so I need some advice.Is it a good idea to send it to Niddy to have a look at.This post is late as Ive just got in from work and Im back in tomorrow at 12 noon.I will check back in the morning for words of wisdom to calm me.

Good night.Sleep well.

Comment

Hi, don't worry too much (easier said than done). Go to the template letters at the top of the page and send the one for a sold in dispute account. Hopefully this is the link
        http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...lst-in-dispute
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

you might want to combined in some of the harassment letter as well http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...t-by-telephone

Comment

Hi Cyrmruambyth and Mrs D thank you for your advice I will sort the letter to them when I get home from work and will combine the letters to stop the phone calls.With any luck that will be the end of it but we will see.Will check back in to let you know how I get on .Many thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Freckles View Post
              Hi everyone I hope you are all well.So I sat and waited for the next DCC to contact me and sure enough 2 weeks ago the phone rang and it was Capquest.They ring at least twice a day and have sent me a letter threatening legal action.Ive not had a letter like this before so Im not sure how to react.They have given me until the 15 Dec to contact them so I need some advice.Is it a good idea to send it to Niddy to have a look at.This post is late as Ive just got in from work and Im back in tomorrow at 12 noon.I will check back in the morning for words of wisdom to calm me.

Good night.Sleep well.
              What do they say? Is it just that they will continue collection activity which may include legal action or is it a definite threat?

BTW They stopped phoning me when i sent the telephone harassment letter
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Freckles, Glad to see you back

What type of rubbish are they spouting on about in the letter?

As Pixie says, Is it regarding collection " You need to take this seriously, This is your last chance ect"

Or is it more of a definate threat referring to legal action and replying by a certain date ect ? Post us up the "gist" if you can.

The content of the letter may mean that it should be replied to a specific way. In the between time.....

As others have said, Get a letter off to them as directed with some sort of telephone harassment/ Only in writing type paragraph ( Cut and paste/Ammend as appropriate), Get a certificate of posting or better still, If you can stretch to it just before christmas- Recorded delivery ( about £1.70)

Capquest can come across as quite strong at first but dont worry, A couple of letters and they soon backed off and handed back the account to the original creditor. I think they were acting for my LLoyds card also - Need to refresh my memory

Keep us updated - This is a UE account so keep that in mind - You will be fine

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Well I'm back.I hope everyone had a good Christmas and new year. Mine was exhausting and personally I'm glad its all over. Just to update you all I sent Capquest the reply you recommended and sure enough I got the standard "sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with our service "blah blah"We will look into this and get back to you". I was so relieved. This letter was sent on the 02/01/14.

I got home two nights ago after work and opened a letter from H L Legal Solicitors which had been sent on the 01/01/14 stating that they were acting on behalf of their client Capquest and threatening me with court proceedings. This might just be a mix up with communications but it has stressed me and I will send Never in doubt a copy of this letter so I can find out if this is just a standard letter or something different.

Will keep you posted.
                  Love Freckles

Comment

Hi Everyone
                    Sorry I cant remember how to pm Niddy to send him a copy of the photo I took of my most recent letter.Can someone please advise me.

Many thanks Freckles

Comment

Originally posted by Freckles View Post
                      Hi Everyone
                      Sorry I cant remember how to pm Niddy to send him a copy of the photo I took of my most recent letter.Can someone please advise me.

Many thanks Freckles
                      Best send it here ---> agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk don't forget to put your user name on.

Comment

Hi Deepie

Thank you so much will do this now and update you as soon as I can.

Comment

Hi Freckles

H L Legal Solicitors are usually just a "Letter head for hire" where people like Capquest pay HL Legal about £1 ( If that) to send a letter so that it looks official and scares you into taking action because it has come from a "scary Solicitor"

If you look closely at the wording you will see that the letter is usually full of "May" do this "May" do that as opposed to "Will" do this.

With HL legal they will also usually instruct you to reply back to Capquest and not to them......Why is this I wonder.......Because it is a letter head for hire. Any properly instructed Solicitor would want to deal with you direct, It would be in their interests to

Also if you look at the envelope that it came in, Is there an address on the back of the envelope? If there is it generally isnt from HL legal but suprise suprise Capquest....

Obviously let Niddy double check the letter to be safe but I think there is a fair chance that this will just be toilet paper - Another letter ( And Envelope) to keep in the file.

And remember.....This is unenforceable so take some comfort in that......You are in good hands
                          Last edited by Spud; 10 January 2014, 17:42.

Comment

Working...
                          X