GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script mbna cc cca - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mbna cc cca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: mbna cc cca

Thanks Elsa
    i will try and put a letter together over the weekend ( i will pm a copy to you if that's ok before i send it, as i am not the best lol )
    thanks again and have a good weekend.
    TJ X
    Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
    Thanks Deepie

Thanks for your pm TJ. For some reason this thread dropped off my subs list, so I do apologise if I've missed anything as it happened, until yesterday.

I've just had a good read through all the thread. To recap, for clarity...

• This is an enforceable credit card agreement taken out in 05 with a debt around £16,700 which went into arrears in December 12 after TJ's employment ended. Numerous letters to MBNA regarding phone harassment and informing them of loss of job and ZERO income, asking for help.
    • They refused to help and wouldn't stop interest/charges and gave their final response on 23rd Feb 13. I did TJ a letter to send in response to this on 7th March but they failed to respond until 20th April stating position unchanged and they'd given their final decision.
    • On 15th April TJ received a letter warning of imminent default and termination.
    • TJ received a Default Notice on 4th May giving until 20th May to respond. However they continued adding interest and did not actually terminate for 2 months. The termination letter was received on 19th July, by which time it had gone up to £19K with interest.
    • Notice of Assignment to Link and thereafter to IDR FINANCE UK 11 LIMITED was received on 3rd September.
    • As this is an enforceable debt and home ownership is involved TJ has maintained the £5 token payment (made by partner) throughout to keep the moral high ground if it went to court.

So that’s where we are now. Tricky, as TJ unfortunately missed the 6 month cutoff point for complaining to the FOS from the original complaint.
    All I can think of now is to send a new formal complaint via IDR, based on the OC’s procrastination, lack of response, delay in terminating in a cynical attempt to rack up interest even though they knew the circumstances, followed by selling it on knowing there was a dispute. Then escalate it to FOS as soon as a final response is issued.

I think the best we can hope to achieve from the FOS, if anything, is removal of the racked up interest/charges since they were informed of loss of income, together with continuation of token payments until TJ gets back to work and can do an F&F.

I’d be tempted to save a CCA request as a last resort to buy time if they go legal.

What do others think?
    Last edited by Deepie; 7 September 2013, 05:45.
    Tobyjug x

Comment

Excellent..do send me a copy and I'll beef it up for you if needed

Comment

Thanks Elsa
        pm just sent
        Tj x
        Excellent..do send me a copy and I'll beef it up for you if needed
        Tobyjug x

Comment

Hi Hun,
          Have responded and added beef as promised

Comment

thank you~~~~~~ thank you~~~~~~ thank you Elsa,

what a letter

will update as soon as I receive a reply.
            Thanks again,
            TJx

Hi Hun,
            Have responded and added beef as promised
            Tobyjug x

Comment

Fingers crossed!

Comment

Wee update..response received but they failed to pass on the complaint to MBNA so we are addressing that plus supplying a FS in order to formalise a token payment arrangement.
                Elsa x

Comment

Thanks Elsa,
                  all done and on its way
                  cheers for all your help, your brilliant
                  Tobyjug x

Undercover Elsa;346053]Wee update..response received but they failed to pass on the complaint to MBNA so we are addressing that plus supplying a FS in order to formalise a token payment arrangement.
                  Elsa x
                  Last edited by Deepie; 2 October 2013, 06:17.
                  Tobyjug x

Comment

Hi All,
                    just a quick update, had a reply today from LINK. they have said I need to write to MBNA with a formal complaint and have said they have set up my repayment plan at £5 per month so paid today and standing order set up for November onward.
                    will get a formal complaint letter in the post tomorrow and will update when I get a reply

cheers
                    Tobyjug x

Originally posted by tobyjug View Post
                    Thanks Elsa,
                    all done and on its way
                    cheers for all your help, your brilliant
                    Tobyjug x
                    Tobyjug x

Comment

Hi all,
                      just a very quick update, I received a letter from MBNA yesterday just saying the have received my letter and they have assigned my complaint to a case manager who will carry out a full investigation into my concerns, and they will update within 28 days. and if they don't resolve within 8 weeks of receipt or I am not satisfied with their final response I can then contact the FOS.
                      So will update when I hear more.

Take Care
                      Tobyjug x
                      Tobyjug x

Comment

Working...
                      X