GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lowell’s assignment and future F& F - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell’s assignment and future F& F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell’s assignment and future F& F

My other half has defaulted on a 118118 credit card and this has just been assigned to Lowell’s. Welcome letter received etc. We were hoping this may have been an account that 118 wouldn’t sell on but they have and we have had previous dealings with Lowell’s which have gone all the way to court. Thankfully we won on these occasions. I was hoping to offer a F&F payment on this when I receive a pension lump sum in June 2024 . Obviously we can only delay this so long until Lowell’s are likely to take legal action again. It is unlikely the CCA will be unenforceable or that they will not be able to provide it as this account is only about 5 years old. The only other alternative is to set up a payment plan at £10 a month though this option is likely to impact my chance of getting a good F&F offer from them. Any advice how to deal with this one? Should I await there next move or is it best to just suck this up? We could probably offer £200 as full and final offer at the moment though expect it would get rejected. Many Thanks

I think we need to see a diary history for this. You probably know the usual format.

Comment

• Credit Card
      • Date commenced -exact date unknown but around 5-6 years ago
      • Approx balance-£988
      • Date last paid -September 2022
      • Are you on arrangement or not paying-no
      • Status-default
      • Account owner-Lowell’s
      various letters and emails from 118118 regarding non payment. Standard stuff ( here to help, set up payment plan etc)
      16th March- assignment letters to Lowell’s received .

Comment

unlikely they would accept that amount (too short of time) but never know., do not do anything at present. as time barred would start again.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You say £10 per month but could you manage to arrange less? All depends on your wife's income and outgoings.

Saying that- do you have all the paperwork, application, terms and conditions, default notice etc.

If 118 are true to form they will have changed the T&Cs during the life of the account - if they did , do you have those emails?

I ask those questions because on my account before I closed it, the T&Cs available online were the original ones and not actually the current one.

Problem is under 1K makes it almost not worth paying for help.

It's about ducks in a row etc

Comment

Thanks Pat

probably do have some emails but probably not all. This all came about by them increasing the monthly payments to an unmanageable amount. I have set up a plan directly with 118 for £5 a month where they should send this over to Lowell’s account. Hopefully this will see us through until I can make a F&F to them next year. I think some of the ducks on this one have probably gone walk about but yes I can hopefully get this cleared next year at a reduced rate.

Originally posted by Pat View Post
            You say £10 per month but could you manage to arrange less? All depends on your wife's income and outgoings.

Saying that- do you have all the paperwork, application, terms and conditions, default notice etc.

If 118 are true to form they will have changed the T&Cs during the life of the account - if they did , do you have those emails?

I ask those questions because on my account before I closed it, the T&Cs available online were the original ones and not actually the current one.

Problem is under 1K makes it almost not worth paying for help.

It's about ducks in a row etc

Comment

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
              X