GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Had a letter from Moorcroft - Intended Litigation - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had a letter from Moorcroft - Intended Litigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Had a letter from Moorcroft - Intended Litigation

Hiya

Do you have debts with lloyds? Why update experian? no need to - see my post above!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes, I've got 2 loans & an overdraft with Lloyds (they're not bothering me though) (see page 1). The bit about Lloyds that is worrying me a bit is if the unenforceable credit card account gets to the stage where I need to defend myself in the court process, I'm thinking I need to show them I have no 'holes' in my case, I wouldn't even consider it otherwise.

Comment

Hi NID,
        Just looking at the Moorcroft enquiry. I had a cc account with the Co-op, which I was forced to ditch, sent your CCA. After a few months they keeled over and sent my £1 back. Working on the other pre-2007 loan with the Co-op ( Moorcroft again ), they' re in default already and Moorcroft are actually quite shambolic, left hand does not know there is a right hand. Total between the two in the £20k range, which should give some comfort to " Crackers ".
        Best ARIZ

Comment

Thanks ariz,
          I think & hope I've got Moorcroft / Lloyds TSB by the short & curlies! I'll keep you posted on any new developments.
          JC
          x

Comment

Originally posted by Jacobs Crackers
            Yes, I've got 2 loans & an overdraft with Lloyds (they're not bothering me though) (see page 1). The bit about Lloyds that is worrying me a bit is if the unenforceable credit card account gets to the stage where I need to defend myself in the court process, I'm thinking I need to show them I have no 'holes' in my case, I wouldn't even consider it otherwise.
            Hiya, don't worry about it going to court - there are no guarantees though - each case is specific to itself and we can never determine what a judge will do so if you don't want it to get as far as court then you usually admit the claim if they ever send papers.

As for holes in your case - you'll always have those unless you're an expert in consumer credit law.....

Don't worry about court until it happens, if it ever happens.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Jacobs Crackers
              Thanks ariz,
              I think & hope I've got Moorcroft / Lloyds TSB by the short & curlies! I'll keep you posted on any new developments.
              JC
              x
              Hiya, did you already send the legal threat template to Moorcoft for the Lloyds Card? If not see previous page and send that.

Comment

Hi Niddy (sorry, I've just realised just I sent a reply to the last PM rather than in this post bit)
                I'm affraid I'm in much need of your valued help again.
                Moorcroft have sent me a short letter & a copy of the agreement for this account, after I became convinced they wouldn't find it. It has got my signature & date on it unfortunately. The only good point I can find is that some of it is very hard to read.
                If its okay, I'll email you a copy of both the letter & agreement.
                I'm so upset about this, so much so you wouldn't imagine.
                Thanks for your help.
                JC.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacobs Crackers View Post
                  First of all try not toget upset over this it isn't worth it ok?

Let Niddy have a look at what they've sent you & hell advise what to do.

Comment

Hi,
                    thanks for your message. I really wish I wasn't so upset. It's made everything feel so very bleak.

Comment

Remember it's not the end of the world.

Nobody's going to die or be put into prison.

Can you imagine if debtor's prisons still existed? They'd be more prisons than pubs!

The very worse case scenario is that it's deemed to be enforceable and you have to pay them back. No court is going to make you pay more than you can afford so it could be that you'll be paying them £20 per month for the next 256 years or so...

That's the way I'm looking at it anyway.

Keep smiling...

Comment

Hi, if it was just myself to consider it might not be quite so bad. However, I'm 35 & got married in Sept. I think it's part of most girls dream to become a mother, but with the age I am & the debt I've got it's looking somewhat unlikely to happen. That's forgetting about other smaller issues such as needing to buy a newer car one day.
                        I might have made some bad decisions in life, but I think my new husband might have made an even bigger one as I'm holding him back so much.

Comment

My ex was 36 when mi first child was born, and 39 on my second, so is never too late

Comment

Hi, if it was just myself to consider it might not be quite so bad. However, I'm 35 & got married in Sept. I think it's part of most girls dream to become a mother, but with the age I am & the debt I've got it's looking somewhat unlikely to happen. That's forgetting about other smaller issues such as needing to buy a newer car one day.
                            I might have made some bad decisions in life, but I think my new husband might have made an even bigger one as I'm holding him back so much.
                            Hi welcom my mother was 42 when she had me 10Ld 2 so be carefull
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Niddy (sorry, I've just realised just I sent a reply to the last PM rather than in this post bit)
                              I'm affraid I'm in much need of your valued help again.
                              Moorcroft have sent me a short letter & a copy of the agreement for this account, after I became convinced they wouldn't find it. It has got my signature & date on it unfortunately. The only good point I can find is that some of it is very hard to read.
                              Thanks for your help.
                              JC.
                              Hi,

Is this for the Lloyds account? Please confirm which account it is - also, can you bear with me as I cannot access emails just yet (will be fine in an hour or two)...

Stop stressing, it's no big deal ok?

Comment

Now Now - what have I told you about bringing yourself down? Come on, it's not exactly crime of the century and i'm quite sure that hubby married you cos of you, not cos you're going to hold him back - be serious and stop thinking silly nonsense like that! Remember, it is ONLY debt - nothing criminal, wrong or embarrassing whatsoever - it happens to the best of us.

Now, chin up and back to being happy

Comment

Working...
                                X