GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Had a letter from Moorcroft - Intended Litigation - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had a letter from Moorcroft - Intended Litigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Had a letter from Moorcroft - Intended Litigation

Hi Niddy,
    thanks, I've listed the other accounts but I'm sure that they are enforceable.

1)
    Type of account - credit card - I have what I am sure is a valid CCA for this account, I'll email it to you.
    Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)
    Approx balance - £3500
    Date last paid - November 2010
    Are you on arrangement or not paying - arrangement, NOT IN dmp
    Status - default
    Account owner - Cabot, was Egg

2)
    Type of account - loan
    Date commenced - May 2007, so don't think I can do the UE bit, but its not worth it anyway for what the balance is
    Approx balance - £770
    Date last paid - August 2008
    Are you on arrangement or not paying - arrangement via dmp
    Status - default (new today!)
    Account owner - Lloyds TSB

3)
    Type of account - loan with Lloyds TSB
    Date commenced - June 2007, so don't think I can do the UE bit
    Approx balance - £2000
    Date last paid - November 2010
    Are you on arrangement or not paying - arrangement via dmp
    Status - arreas
    Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

4)
    Type of account - current account, so don't think any of this applies

Thanks Niddy,
    JC.
    x

Comment

Hiya

Ok, see below:
      • 1. Please send me the CCA and let me check it over

2. Yep, probably best not to bother with this one considering the amount and the start date

3. Hmmm, request the CCA anyway - then let me see what they send you.

4. Overdrafts are CCA1974 exempt so you can't do much with this either, however I don't see the point in paying an overdraft as they cannot obtain a CCJ that easily so it may be worth just not paying into it and see what happens. With these types of unsecured debts, the lender won't negotiate so it's best to let it default and get sold to a DCA then you can haggle for F&F settlement......
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Okay will do, thanks. I'll need to wait till my better half comes home from work as its easier all round for him to take the picture on his phone.
        Speak soon,
        JC.
        x

Comment

Okies, thanks...... y gh
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hmm, on a completely different note here, what has that reindeer (I think its a reindeer anyway!) been up to? He's got a big cheeky grin, eyebrows going up & down, & he's smoking a cigar! I think he's a mischievous reindeer!

Comment

That's the niddy smilie. He's stoned with a huge bifta!! Lol

Comment

Hi Niddy,
                I've emailed you the Egg (cabot) agreement for you to have a look at.
                Thanks.
                JC.
                x

Comment

Originally posted by Jacobs Crackers
                  Hi Niddy,
                  I've emailed you the Egg (cabot) agreement for you to have a look at.
                  Thanks.
                  JC.
                  x
                  Hiya

Unfortunately this one is actually enforceable. Primarily because I cannot confirm for sure as I cannot see the whole document, i.e. its hard when you can't scan them. As I can see the prescribed terms on page 1 and your signature on page 2 then I have to "assume" it is enforceable. However, that said I would blag it cos Egg are not the best when it comes to taking things firther - and if they do we'll back down before it gets that far.... so in the meantime, remember it is enforceable however you're blagging it. Therefore send this back to Cabot: ---> viewtopic.php?p=1623#p1623

Comment

Hi,
                    Yeah I thought as much, I'll give it a go anyway. I'll also keep you posted on any further correspondence from Lloyds or associated muppets!
                    Many thanks as always,
                    JC.
                    x

Comment

Okies, best of luck - don't worry, i'm not going far and will advise as and when they respond.....

But definitely blag it for now, don't collapse this early on - wait a while and fight some... gh

Comment

I'm up for a girly scrap with them!

Comment

I'm up for a girly scrap with them!
                          Ahh they won't entertain that! They will either back down and leave you be or they will try for action - in any case we'll just ping the same old responses back until they get bored or gorw some balls and put their money where their mouths are and consider action. Not that we want that course of action, but that's pretty much their choices here ;;L

Comment

Hi Niddy,
                            got a question on a slightly different note for you. I was lucky enough to get married in September (& lucky enough to find someone that would put up with my little ways!).
                            Since then I've been umm-ing and ah-ing what to do about updating my details with those who I have my debts with, particularly with Lloyds TSB as they are threatening litigation & I may need to defend myself. The reason why I haven't already is simply because I didn't want them to find any way of creating a financial link or learn about my husband & start asking about his wages etc - my debts & mine alone. Plus, with Lloyds TSB, I don't want to communicate with them unless I really have to.
                            Similarly, what do I do about Experian? To update my details there I need to send a photocopy of my marriage certificate, thus giving them my husbands name.
                            So basically, what do you think I should do?
                            Thanks,
                            JC.
                            x

Comment

Hi Niddy,
                              got a question on a slightly different note for you. I was lucky enough to get married in September (& lucky enough to find someone that would put up with my little ways!).
                              Since then I've been umm-ing and ah-ing what to do about updating my details with those who I have my debts with, particularly with Lloyds TSB as they are threatening litigation & I may need to defend myself. The reason why I haven't already is simply because I didn't want them to find any way of creating a financial link or learn about my husband & start asking about his wages etc - my debts & mine alone. Plus, with Lloyds TSB, I don't want to communicate with them unless I really have to.
                              Similarly, what do I do about Experian? To update my details there I need to send a photocopy of my marriage certificate, thus giving them my husbands name.
                              So basically, what do you think I should do?
                              Thanks,
                              JC.
                              x
                              Hiya

Did you live together previously or did you live apart and have moved together? You can retain separate financial details no problem, so long as you do not open any joint accounts together. If you make the mistake and do this then you will create a financial link.

As things stand the debts are yours - not his.

Well done on the marriage by the way - belated congratiulations gh

As for Experian, sod that - you know you're in debt and know for the next 5-6yrs you won't get credit so don't go sending anything to anyone, they can know you in your old name which is a blessing in disguise. Basically, you're a whole new credit profile if you KEEP everything using the old name, do not change your name with anyone (lender wise)..... keep it as your maiden name.

That way, say you should suddenly move home - you're a new person, (new name and new address) and you *could* walk into the same bank you owe money to and obtain credit (shockingly enough)

Comment

Thanks Niddy for the congrats!
                                My husband moved in after I had the debts & since then I have been VERY careful not to involved him in anyway shape or form, & am 110% sure there is no current link.
                                So am I safe to now update my details with Lloyds & Experian? Are Lloyds likely to start asking questions?
                                x

Comment

Working...
                                X