GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lloyds/Bennets query - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lloyds/Bennets query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lloyds/Bennets query

I know its not a matter of raising this up again as such, but just thought I would have another read of the offer letter, what I do not understand is, if there is debt outstanding, how is it on the calculation they have stated "Partial Refund of PPI already applied" of £431.75?

No claims were attempted or made, as also confirmed on the letter.

I would expect to usually come across this on settled loans.

So basically.....

Refund of Premiums £881.10
    Debit Interest £165.83
    Interest @ 8% calculated up until 30/07/2012 ££248.00
    Partial Refund of PPI already applied £431.75
    Total £863.18

I should be used to these letters, but only if the loan was a settled one (in regards of a partial refund already given).

Think its best to see what is on the paperwork as well.

Anyway, he seems a bit happier today, he called in and I fully explained what I could and he is getting his head around it, although I have not mentioned the above matter to him, coz I do not want to start him off again lol.

Comment

Di

Seriously try and leave it if you can. Technically the only thing left now is trying for SB.....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Di

Seriously try and leave it if you can. Technically the only thing left now is trying for SB.....
        Yes that's for sure Niddy.

I was just baffled on the part refund lol.

Comment

Well..........Lloyds cannot locate any of the information as they confirm it was a long time ago.
          So no SAR, payment for this paid back too.

So basically if they cannot find the information then surely they should not go any further, yet they still go on to say that the part refund was used towards the debt before it went to recoveries in 2008, and the refund offer now should be also used towards it????

But towards what? lol!

From his letter.....
          "As you can appreciate the business loan was opened a number of years ago, so obtaining the original agreement and loan documentation is proving to be difficult."

And
          "Part of your PPI refund was applied on 13 May 2008 for the amount of £431.75 as it was part of the banks process to cancel the insurance policy once the accounts were closed within the network and passed to Wholesale Banking Recoveries."
          Last edited by di30; 12 September 2012, 23:32.

Comment

no info = no loan = no refund???

reckon its best to let it lie now
            I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
              no info = no loan = no refund???

reckon its best to let it lie now
              Yes told him that weeks ago, but we know for sure now, as there is no SAR. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
              X