GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lloyds/Bennets query - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lloyds/Bennets query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lloyds/Bennets query

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Yea wait for SAR etc and do nothing in the meantime.

Let me know as and when you get paperwork please

Yes I will do, thank you Nids.

Comment

Not that this is an issue at the moment, while waiting for SAR paperwork etc, this is the email below that Bennet received from Customer services with details of the debt department, as you can see on this actual email, as Bennet wasnt sure about the debt or amount they enclosed the details of contact, and also confirmed at the bottom of the email to let them know of his decision, so at least he should now be given that chance to tell them he is currently waiting for paperwork, and that he has not made any decision as yet about the processing the ppi refund.

Mr

With regards to what you should expect to be paid to WBR if you would like to find this out you will have to contact them directly (as these are your personal details I won’t be able to get this information for you as it goes against the security and data protection acts) Their contact details are:

Wholesale Banking RecoveriesLloyds Banking Group
      2nd Floor
      Bank House
      Wine Street
      Bristol
      BS1 2AN
      TNT 22 Tel: 0117 918 1704
      Fax: 0117 923 3353

Email: WBRhelpdesk@lloydsbanking.com

So if you would like to find out the information about your payment and let me know your decision on this I can forward this onto Mr Refund man dealing with processing the refunds. Sorry I couldn’t be of more assistance in retrieving this information for you.

Yours truly,

Comment

Good luck with this "leggy b".....

Nice to see you over here. I still remember the funny thread on MSE where you helped me get back nearly £4k from Barclays. Shame it went toward what I already owed them though.....
        -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

Originally posted by thechippy View Post
          Good luck with this "leggy b".....

Nice to see you over here. I still remember the funny thread on MSE where you helped me get back nearly £4k from Barclays. Shame it went toward what I already owed them though.....
          lol cheers hun, yeah it makes a change me posting on this part of the forums.

Oh yes of course, I can remember that.
          Did they not give you anything back at all? interest?

Comment

Bennet is now gone into one of his depressive moods.

Sent him some info, and said we will do a SB letter, and that we will also await the SAR paperwork and he's not got back at all.
            I am doing my best for him, but think these matters are very difficult for him to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              I am doing my best for him, but think these matters are very difficult for him to understand.
              Therefore maybe sending the SB on his behalf, may be best all round to put closure to this once and for all....

No..?
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Therefore maybe sending the SB on his behalf, may be best all round to put closure to this once and for all....

No..?
                It's his birthday today as well.

When he is let down he goes back into his shell again, and I think he was relying on the funds to pay for other debt he's been trying to get out of.
                However, I did explain to him before it was done that any outstanding debt remaining they will usually use to offset, but I don't think he fully understands. He said that it was such a long time ago, and wasnt sure if there was any or not the amounts etc......

He found the business loan number on an old statement and wanted to continue with the reclaim, whilst sending a SAR.
                The annoying thing here is that before we enclosed the account number, we asked them to try to track down all the accounts he has/had with them apart from banking, and they could not find anything at all!

Soooooooo this have now opened up a can of worms. I did warn him.

Comment

sometimes it's best to leave sleeping dogs and all that..... thing is, who put the idea of reclaiming into his head - i'd go slap them
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

sometimes it's best to leave sleeping dogs and all that..... thing is, who put the idea of reclaiming into his head - i'd go slap them

Yeah after all this I totally agree,

Wellllllllll ummmmmmmmmm he knew I helped on sites and asked me Oops LOL. So part responsible but i did warn him
                    Last edited by di30; 22 August 2012, 07:58.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                      So part responsible but i did warn him
                      Haha - ok maybe ignore my comment about slapping then.... don't want you to get a

Comment

Haha - ok maybe ignore my comment about slapping then.... don't want you to get a

lmao, I don't know about that, bet he feels that way at the mo oh dear.
                        He will soon calm down I'm sure,

Comment

Right, managed to get a bit of info from him, although i also agree its best to put it to bed now, but just in case they hassle him mainly.

They emailed him this morning and said the address they hold on him, and the address they enclosed was his very old address he was raised in with his family.
                          And your talking 30 years plus ago.

Soooooooooo something came to mind, when he and his wife split, his ex must have known he was coming back to Wales, and then forwarded his family address.

However, he lost him mum, and his step dad was still there, but he didnt want Bennet there, so he was homeless!
                          He does not get on with his step dad, and I think that any letters that may have been sent there his step dad would have binned.

Goodness knows.........

Thing here is, Bennet still banked with Lloyds, and had his updated addy. Very confusing!

Comment

Think I will ask him to sign up on here, so that he can see what I mean.

I think despite the loan debt, he would still like the refund and be willing to come to an arrangement plan with them, but I said it does not work like that, as they do have the right to offset this.

He has not got back to them to say this, but that is what he meant.
                            I told him as long as he can find out for sure the loan was well over 6 years ago with absolute no correspondence, he can try for the time barring and forget about it, and this way it will be better than owing them.
                            I know he has issues with not understanding these things but when he asked me to give advice about reclaiming he was adamant that he wanted to give it a go, despite me warning him if there is any outstanding debt they will want the refund.

Anyway, he forwarded me a copy of a short letter he sent to reclaiming not long ago, because the letter said bank account or cheque payment..........
                            Copy of this below.

What is happening here was at first they mislaid the acceptance and Bennet was in the understanding that the money would come back to him anyway, there was just no telling him, and even though they confirmed they received the acceptance, they are still giving him the decision now to go ahead or not and to let them know, so for now he have told them to hold back because of waiting for paperwork at this time.

Dear Sir/Madam,

REF

Thank you for your letter dated 30 July 2012 with the offer of the Payment Protection Insurance (PPI).
                            I have enclosed the offer and signed, and am requesting you pay me by Cheque method.

Reason being is that I am in hardship, suffering financial difficulties and trying to make ends meet.

As you are aware, I am disabled and suffer a number of health conditions, this includes depression, and being in hardship does not help this condition.

Being paid the cheque method will help me to attend to utility debts, and as you will appreciate the fact I am unemployed, and I only receive Disability Benefits.

I will appreciate this very much, thank you.

I look forward to receiving the cheque payment as soon as it is possible.

Yours

(I have corrected some spelling mistakes he made, because he has dyselexia)
                            .................................................. .......................................

Comment

But Di - why bother? Just tell him to move on and forget it - there is no refund!

Comment

But Di - why bother? Just tell him to move on and forget it - there is no refund!
                                Exactly Niddy! He's not the easiest LOL.
                                I told him he will not get it whatever he tells them.

Comment

Working...
                                X