GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Which Way to Go? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Way to Go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Which Way to Go?

Hi folks. Another update.
    Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
    Credit card 6 Capital 1. – Taken out 2002
    Balance approx. £440
    Last full monthly repayment May 2010
    DMP payments since then.
    Last DMP payment May 2012.
    Now sold to Lowell Portfolio 1

02/08/12CCA request sent.
    17/08/12Cap1 sent Recon agreement. Niddy said - the terms are a recon but not relevant to the product I signed up for.
    07/09/12Sent Missing Prescribed Terms letter.
    Two letters received from Cap1 on 01/10/12:-
    First letter dated 25/09/12a long repetitive and waffling response to the MPT letter claiming they have fulfilled their CCA obligations. I would like to send this one to Niddy for an opinion as to how to respond.
    Second letter dated 27/09/12 – “Account has been referred to Fredrickson International.” Ishall do nothing on this one until I hear from Fredrickson in writing. So far they have attempted to contact me by phone twice in the past two days.
    Letter dated 02/10/12received from Fredrickson - "Cap1 have passed this account to us for collection ......As we have been appointed as their agent you should now make sure you contact us and not Cap1. ..... Our client now requires payment in full to avoid further action. ....You must phone us immediately ....."
    08/10/12Account Sold whilst in Dispute (including para re phone harassment) letter sent.
    Fredrickson letter 11/10/12- “We would be grateful if you will note that we are no longer instructed to act in connection with this matter.We have passed your letter to our clients and would be grateful if you will address all further correspondence with them direct.”
    Since 22/11/12 there were several calls from Freds, some voicemail and some missed. None were responded to.
    04/12/12 Freds letter “LETTER BEFORE ACTION … legal action is now being considered. Should it be necessary to issue proceedings in the County Court further additional fees will be added to the balance outstanding (fees and new balance set out)"
    08/12/12Threat-O-Gram LBA letter sent.
    17/12/12 Freds letter - “We have referred this matter to our client ….”
    19/12/12Freds letter - “We have provided details of your dispute to our client, and have now recived a response from them which indicates that the debt details are correct... Please phone us ...”
    03.01.13letter to Freds .
    Thank you for your letter dated 19 December 2012, in which you have asked me to telephone you. Please be aware that I will only communicate with you in writing.
    You state that your client has indicated that the alleged debt details are correct. However I informed them by letter dated 7 September 2012 that they had failed to comply with my request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 to supply a true copy of the executed credit agreement.
    Your clients have stated in a letter to me dated 25 September 2012 that they do not retain the originals of signed agreements which are returned to them. They further state that they will not enter into any further correspondence regarding the provision of copy agreements.
    We appear therefore to be at an impasse over this disputed matter. Furthermore, I note from your letter to me dated 11 October 2012 that you were no longer instructed to act in connection with this matter. I am not clear therefore why you have begun writing to me again. “
    Subsequent letter dated and postmarked 31/12/12from Bryan Carter Solicitors.
    “ Our Client: Capital One: Balance: £445.00
    We write with regard to this outstanding debt.
    Payment must be made in full within the next fourteen days failing which we will recommend to our client that proceedings be issued without further notice.
    Should proceedings be issued, additional charges will be added to the existing balance as shown below.
    If you dispute liability for this debt please state your reasons in writing and supply us with documents in support of your defence to any claim.
    Before the account is referred to us to litigate you still have an opportunity to contact FredricksonInternational Ltd with your payment proposals. In order to avoid further action you should telephone them immediately.
    This is a serious matter and you may wish to seek independent legal advice.”
    09/01/13 Sold w i Dispute letter to Bryan Carter.
    10/01/13 received letter dated 07/01/13 from Freds. (Precis)- “Re your letter 03/01/13 – We were no longer instructed, now we are …. client advises CCA 74 request complied with in their letter of 17/08/12 … trust this clarifies .. . look forward to payment proposals by 28/01/13 … collection activity may resume”
    A few voicemail messages have been left by Freds.
    25/01/13 sent letter to Freds enclosing a copy of my MPT letter to Cap1, and also included another telephone harassment response.
    26/01/13 rec'd Freds letter dated 22/01/13 referring to Bryan Carter's letter, and also offering the op for a F&F.
    30/01/13 letter to Freds enclosing copy of the SWID which was sent to BC.
    01/02/13 Freds letter - Account on hold while your comm referred to Cap1.
    06/02/13 Freds letter enclosing a copy of Cap1's earlier letter replying to my MPT letter, reiterating that they had complied with CCA request and account is enforceable. Freds giving to 26/02 for my payment proposals.
    11/02/13 Cap1 letter - "No reason to change position as set out in final response ..... we have already responded to the points raised in your letter ..... we will not enter into any further correspondence regarding provision of copy agreements."
    02/05/13 Cap1 letter - “Your a/c has moved .... no longer being managed (by Freds) .... payments direct to Cap1.”
    02/07/13 Two letters in same envelope - 1st purporting to be from Cap1 advising that account Sold to Lowell Portfolio 1, the second an introductory letter from LP1. (RTS as not sent to address for correspondence.)
    01/08/13 Lowell Financial letter - "We want to help you clear your account ........"
    - Very nice, all donations gratefully received. (RTS as above)
    16/08/13 Lowell Financial letter - "We'd like to help you free up your finances .....Pay 75% of balance as f&f settlement ...."
    27/08/13 sent SWID letter to Lowell Financial.
    02/09/13 Lowell Financial letter - "We have written to you several times .... we will pass your account on to Red Debt Collection Services (part of Lowells) ..."- Ignored.
    05/09/13 Lowell Portfolio1 letter - "Contacting Cap1 and will advise their response ... also requesting copy of credit agreeement ..." - Filed
    06/09/13 Lowell Portfolio1 letter -"We have requested a copy of your credit agreement ...." - Filed.
    16/09/13 Lowell Portfolio1 letter - "Cap1 are trying to retrieve the agreement from their archive ...." - Filed.
    23/09/13 Lowell Portfolio1 letter - "Cap1 still trying to retrieve agreement from their archives ....." - Filed.
    18/10/13 Lowell Portfolio1 letter - "Cap1 have advised document no longer available due to length of time since account was opened ...... at this time we have closed file and will not make further contact unless the copy of the agreement is received ....." - Filed.
    23/10/13 Lowell Portfolio1 letter - "We enclose copy of your original credit agreement ..... also copy statements ...... look forward to your payment proposals ..." (What they sent was a further copy of what Cap1 sent over a year ago [already deemed UE by Niddy] except that they failed to photocopy the reverse of each page.)
    04/11/13 Lowell Financial letter - "Despite previous correspondence we have not received payment or valid reason for non-payment ...... failure to respond may result in further action ...." - Filed.
    11/11/13 Lowell Financial letter - " .... unless we receive payment/proposals within 5 days ... instruct our solicitors to look to begin legal action ..... (consequences) .... alternatively may instruct doorstep agent .... "
    18/11/13 sent MPT letter to Lowell Financial, also pointing out that their letter of 18/10/13 (credit agreement not available) is a more accurate reflection, and also that Cap1 stated in writing to me that they do not hold the original of a signed agreement.
    18/11/13 Red Debt Collections letter, threatening possible legal action and possible consequences (CCJ, and if still not paid a CO or deductions from earnings, or asking court for a bailiff to remove goods from house).
    22/11/13 letter to Red Debt suggesting they refer back to Lowell re my letter dated 18/11/13.
    29/11/13 Lowell Portfolio1 letter, referring to my recent letter and apologising for delay - "we are looking in to your enquiry ..... account on hold until we are able to respond fully ...."

I am expecting that their next letter will be on similar lines to that received by GlennBaker here (Post #7) http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=7#post354837
    04/01/14 Letter received from Lowell Portfolio 1 saying that they are comfortable that they have complied with my CCA74 request, blah, blah ....
    Update:

21/01/14 sent http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...e-cca-received to Lowell Portfolio 1.
    20/01/14 Lowell Financial letter (rec'd 24/01/14) - "We have replied to your query ..... We hope this now resolves things for you and you are in a position to discuss repayment ...." and blah about setting up an affordable and suitable plan.

As this crossed with my letter to Lowell Portfolio, I think I shall just file this and await their next letter.
    Last edited by Still Waving; 25 January 2014, 17:43.

Comment

Sounds good

Comment

Credit card 4 Mint/RBS. – Taken out during 90's (I think)
        Balance approx. £8,750
        DMP payments since then.
        Being administered by lender

02/08/12 CCA 1974 request sent to RBS
        15/08/12 Reply received from Mint re CCA request. They have returned my postal order, and the gist of their letter is"I am unable to deal with your request due to, (ticked as appropriate)
        s78 request received, however this has been returned to you as we require your signature before we can proceed. Please sign your request for information and return ....."
        29/08/12 sent CCA Request - Demand of Signature by Creditor letter to Mint/RBS.
        05/09/12 RBS letter- "THIS IS A FINAL DEMAND FOR PAYMENT - We currently require (the full amount) from you. If we do not receive a payment within the next 14 days, the account will be sent to a debt collection agent. Even at this late stage ........ discuss a repayment programme"
        15/09/12 sent RBS a brief letter reminding that CCA 1974 request is outstanding.
        29/10/12 RBS letter - “Details have been passed to Moorcroft to act as collection agent.” - Ignored.

Majority of history omitted this time in order to keep post shorter

A few missed calls and voicemails from Regal Credit Consultants.
        30/12/13 Regal CC letter - "As we have not been notified of any reason for non-payment, our client has instructed us to collect ... in full to avoid any further debt recovery action .... we will work with you .... arrangement that is affordable and sustainable ..... it is in your own interest to contact us to discuss this matter"
        Hi folks - Update:

09/01/14 sent SWID letter to Regal CC.

This letter received from Mint/RBS (sent to my old address) following my SWID letter sent to Regal Credit Consultants using my current address.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mint letter jan 2014.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	1399352Click image for larger version

Name:	Mint letter jan 2014(a).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	1399354

Some brief background –
        I moved house almost 2 years ago (and still have a royal mail redirect in place at present). I had been writing as if from my old address for my UE correspondence, although some DCA's have picked up on and are now using my current address.

The original CCA74 request to Mint/RBS and the follow-up Demand of Signature By Creditor letter were sent in 2012 using the old address. Mint/RBS have not yet provided anything at all regarding the CCA74 request. The account has since been with various DCA's most of whom have written to my current address with sensitive information.

I think Mint are playing silly buggers here, What they have enclosed are photocopies of my original letters from 2012, mentioned above. In fact, their letterhead looks photocopied too. In 2012 they did send back my original letter and PO, but I returned them at the time saying they should be retained as the letter stands as my formal CCA74 request.

I think it's a bit late for them to cite the DPA now when their various agents have been writing to my new address with sensitive information for months.

I am a little unsure how to respond, and also wary of sending anything which could be construed as acknowledging the debt. Furthermore, they cannot know for sure whether I will receive a letter knowingly sent to a previous address.

My options appear to be
        a) to ignore this as it was not sent to my current address;
        b) concoct a response telling them not to be silly-billies, my CCA74 request remains outstanding, and I'm not signing anything;
        c) send a fresh CCA74 request without signature, including a paragraph of formal notice of my new address, maybe enclosing a photocopy of my driver licence (I'm a bit loath to do this (c) since - as I see it - they remain in default of my original request.)

Any comments welcomed as always
        Last edited by Still Waving; 9 February 2014, 19:09.

Comment

Try this one

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...162#post133162

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post

With a bit of tweaking to suit the particular circumstances, that could serve as my option (b) letter.

Thanks very much vint1954.

Comment

With a bit of tweaking to suit the particular circumstances, that could serve as my option (b) letter.

Thanks very much vint1954.
              You mean your planB
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                You mean your planB
                I couldn't agree more

Comment

deleted.

Comment

Hi all, an update.

Credit card 6 Capital 1. – Taken out 2002
                    Balance approx. £440
                    DMP payments since then.
                    Now sold to Lowell Portfolio 1

17/08/12Cap1 sent Recon agreement. Niddy said - the terms are a recon but not relevant to the product I signed up for.
                    07/09/12Sent Missing Prescribed Terms letter.
                    Two letters received from Cap1 on 01/10/12:-
                    First letter dated 25/09/12a long repetitive and waffling response to the MPT letter claiming they have fulfilled their CCA obligations. I would like to send this one to Niddy for an opinion as to how to respond.
                    Second letter dated 27/09/12 – “Account has been referred to Fredrickson International.” Ishall do nothing on this one until I hear from Fredrickson in writing. So far they have attempted to contact me by phone twice in the past two days.
                    Letter dated 02/10/12received from Fredrickson - "Cap1 have passed this account to us for collection ......As we have been appointed as their agent you should now make sure you contact us and not Cap1. ..... Our client now requires payment in full to avoid further action. ....You must phone us immediately ....."
                    08/10/12Account Sold whilst in Dispute (including para re phone harassment) letter sent.
                    Fredrickson letter 11/10/12- “We would be grateful if you will note that we are no longer instructed to act in connection with this matter.We have passed your letter to our clients and would be grateful if you will address all further correspondence with them direct.”
                    Since 22/11/12 there were several calls from Freds, some voicemail and some missed. None were responded to.
                    04/12/12 Freds letter “LETTER BEFORE ACTION … legal action is now being considered. Should it be necessary to issue proceedings in the County Court further additional fees will be added to the balance outstanding (fees and new balance set out)"
                    08/12/12Threat-O-Gram LBA letter sent.
                    17/12/12 Freds letter - “We have referred this matter to our client ….”
                    19/12/12Freds letter - “We have provided details of your dispute to our client, and have now recived a response from them which indicates that the debt details are correct... Please phone us ...”
                    03.01.13letter to Freds .
                    Thank you for your letter dated 19 December 2012, in which you have asked me to telephone you. Please be aware that I will only communicate with you in writing.
                    You state that your client has indicated that the alleged debt details are correct. However I informed them by letter dated 7 September 2012 that they had failed to comply with my request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 to supply a true copy of the executed credit agreement.
                    Your clients have stated in a letter to me dated 25 September 2012 that they do not retain the originals of signed agreements which are returned to them. They further state that they will not enter into any further correspondence regarding the provision of copy agreements.
                    We appear therefore to be at an impasse over this disputed matter. Furthermore, I note from your letter to me dated 11 October 2012 that you were no longer instructed to act in connection with this matter. I am not clear therefore why you have begun writing to me again. “
                    Subsequent letter dated and postmarked 31/12/12from Bryan Carter Solicitors.
                    “ Our Client: Capital One: Balance: £445.00
                    We write with regard to this outstanding debt.
                    Payment must be made in full within the next fourteen days failing which we will recommend to our client that proceedings be issued without further notice.
                    Should proceedings be issued, additional charges will be added to the existing balance as shown below.
                    If you dispute liability for this debt please state your reasons in writing and supply us with documents in support of your defence to any claim.
                    Before the account is referred to us to litigate you still have an opportunity to contact FredricksonInternational Ltd with your payment proposals. In order to avoid further action you should telephone them immediately.
                    This is a serious matter and you may wish to seek independent legal advice.”
                    09/01/13 Sold w i Dispute letter to Bryan Carter.
                    10/01/13 received letter dated 07/01/13 from Freds. (Precis)- “Re your letter 03/01/13 – We were no longer instructed, now we are …. client advises CCA 74 request complied with in their letter of 17/08/12 … trust this clarifies .. . look forward to payment proposals by 28/01/13 … collection activity may resume”
                    A few voicemail messages have been left by Freds.
                    25/01/13 sent letter to Freds enclosing a copy of my MPT letter to Cap1, and also included another telephone harassment response.
                    26/01/13 rec'd Freds letter dated 22/01/13 referring to Bryan Carter's letter, and also offering the op for a F&F.
                    30/01/13 letter to Freds enclosing copy of the SWID which was sent to BC.
                    01/02/13 Freds letter - Account on hold while your comm referred to Cap1.
                    06/02/13 Freds letter enclosing a copy of Cap1's earlier letter replying to my MPT letter, reiterating that they had complied with CCA request and account is enforceable. Freds giving to 26/02 for my payment proposals.
                    11/02/13 Cap1 letter - "No reason to change position as set out in final response ..... we have already responded to the points raised in your letter ..... we will not enter into any further correspondence regarding provision of copy agreements."
                    02/05/13 Cap1 letter - “Your a/c has moved .... no longer being managed (by Freds) .... payments direct to Cap1.”
                    02/07/13 Two letters in same envelope - 1st purporting to be from Cap1 advising that account Sold to Lowell Portfolio 1, the second an introductory letter from LP1. (RTS as not sent to address for correspondence.)
                    01/08/13 Lowell Financial letter - "We want to help you clear your account ........"
                    - Very nice, all donations gratefully received. (RTS as above)
                    16/08/13 Lowell Financial letter - "We'd like to help you free up your finances .....Pay 75% of balance as f&f settlement ...."
                    27/08/13 sent SWID letter to Lowell Financial.
                    02/09/13 Lowell Financial letter - "We have written to you several times .... we will pass your account on to Red Debt Collection Services (part of Lowells) ..."- Ignored.
                    05/09/13 Lowell Portfolio1 letter - "Contacting Cap1 and will advise their response ... also requesting copy of credit agreeement ..." - Filed
                    06/09/13 Lowell Portfolio1 letter -"We have requested a copy of your credit agreement ...." - Filed.
                    16/09/13 Lowell Portfolio1 letter - "Cap1 are trying to retrieve the agreement from their archive ...." - Filed.
                    23/09/13 Lowell Portfolio1 letter - "Cap1 still trying to retrieve agreement from their archives ....." - Filed.
                    18/10/13 Lowell Portfolio1 letter - "Cap1 have advised document no longer available due to length of time since account was opened ...... at this time we have closed file and will not make further contact unless the copy of the agreement is received ....." - Filed.
                    23/10/13 Lowell Portfolio1 letter - "We enclose copy of your original credit agreement ..... also copy statements ...... look forward to your payment proposals ..." (What they sent was a further copy of what Cap1 sent over a year ago [already deemed UE by Niddy] except that they failed to photocopy the reverse of each page.)
                    04/11/13 Lowell Financial letter - "Despite previous correspondence we have not received payment or valid reason for non-payment ...... failure to respond may result in further action ...." - Filed.
                    11/11/13 Lowell Financial letter - " .... unless we receive payment/proposals within 5 days ... instruct our solicitors to look to begin legal action ..... (consequences) .... alternatively may instruct doorstep agent .... "
                    18/11/13 sent MPT letter to Lowell Financial, also pointing out that their letter of 18/10/13 (credit agreement not available) is a more accurate reflection, and also that Cap1 stated in writing to me that they do not hold the original of a signed agreement.
                    18/11/13 Red Debt Collections letter, threatening possible legal action and possible consequences (CCJ, and if still not paid a CO or deductions from earnings, or asking court for a bailiff to remove goods from house).
                    22/11/13 letter to Red Debt suggesting they refer back to Lowell re my letter dated 18/11/13.
                    29/11/13 Lowell Portfolio1 letter, referring to my recent letter and apologising for delay - "we are looking in to your enquiry ..... account on hold until we are able to respond fully ...."

I am expecting that their next letter will be on similar lines to that received by GlennBaker here (Post #7) http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=7#post354837
                    04/01/14 Letter received from Lowell Portfolio 1 saying that they are comfortable that they have complied with my CCA74 request, blah, blah ....
                    21/01/14 sent http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...e-cca-received to Lowell Portfolio 1.
                    20/01/14 Lowell Financial letter (rec'd 24/01/14) - "We have replied to your query ..... We hope this now resolves things for you and you are in a position to discuss repayment ...." and blah about setting up an affordable and suitable plan.
                    Update:
                    Lowell Portfolio1 letter 01/02/14 saying they are prepared to take a commercial view. As a gesture of goodwill they have closed the account and confirm that no further action will be taken by them. They have contacted all CRAs to remove any defaults relating to the account.
                    The panel at the side of the letter reads You owe £00.00.

I hope this means that they won't be selling it on either.

Comment

Hi all, an update.

Update:
                      Lowell Portfolio1 letter 01/02/14 saying they are prepared to take a commercial view. As a gesture of goodwill they have closed the account and confirm that no further action will be taken by them. They have contacted all CRAs to remove any defaults relating to the account.
                      The panel at the side of the letter reads You owe £00.00.

I hope this means that they won't be selling it on either.
                      Nice result........
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Excellent Love to see Lowell's with egg on their face Jane x

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
                          Excellent Love to see Lowell's with egg on their face Jane x
                          Love to see Tute and rest of Lowells = crooks hanging from a Ropxxxxx by their xxxx etc
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi folks - an update.

Bank account LLoydsTSB – originally TSB a/c opened 80's
                            Balance approx. £2140
                            DMP payments since then.
                            Being administered by SCSSolicitors, Apex, Morecrap,Robway, Westcot for bank.

This is not really an overdraft account, it was a TSB (revolving credit) account allowing up to 30 times the monthly transfer from the current account.

Letters dated 12/9/12From LloydsTSB and Apex Credit Management in the same envelope. Apex have been instructed to arrange collection of the outstanding amount. I note that the letters are referring to this as a current account, which it is most definitely not.
                            18/9/12- voicemail message from Apex - "Contact us."
                            26/09/12 sent CCA Request to Apex, pointing out that this is not a current account, and also incorporating a request to stop the harassing phone calls (which I had not been picking up).

01/10/12 received Apex letter dated 27/09/12 (Re CCA request) “In relation to the aforementioned account, we can confirm that we are unable to obtain copies of the required documentation from the original creditor in order to comply with your request due to the fact that your account is a current account and no copies of agreements are available on these types of accounts and therefore your request does not fall under sections 77-79 of the CCA Act of 1974.”

(NOTE: Most of interim history comment omitted on this occasion)

04/10/12. Letter sent to Apex, reiterating that this is not a current account and repeating that it falls under CCA 1974 so I require the info.
                            Received a letter from LTSB dated 04/10/12. "Thank you for contacting us about a Personal Loan. (I didn't)Unfortunately we are unable to trace an account held by you here at the Loan Centre.”
                            Apex letter 09/10/12. “With reference to your recent dispute, we can confirm your account is currently under referal (sic), with our request for a Copy of Agreement, Statement of Accounts and Terms and Conditions due to be supplied by Lloyds Banking Group.”
                            22/10/12 Apex letter (Precis of longish letter) - “OC states that this was originally a current account, and as the debt relates to a current account CCA 1974 does not apply.
                            For your convenience, the £1 payment has been used to reduce your outstanding indebtedness. If you disagree we will arrange for the £1 to be returned to you.”
                            07/11/12 letter to Apex. - “I can prove this is not my current account ….. Use of my £1 is clearly against the express purpose for which it was sent....Require you to recover the sum from where you have posted it, and to apply it to my Consumer Credit Act 1974 request.”
                            12/11/12 Apex letter – (Precis) “We're just piggy in the middle, reliant on LTSB info supplied. We have requested account documentation …. until any uncertainty regarding the debt is removed all collection activity will be suspended.
                            Until docs received, propose to leave the £1 on your account … if docs show that account doesn't fall under CCA 74, your £1 can either remain on the account or be returned to you.
                            15/01/13 Letter on LTSB letterhead (but posted in Stockport) - “ As we haven't been able to agree a repayment plan we've transferred the account to Moorcroft DCA..... Please contact Moorcroft.....”
                            19/01/13 Moorcroft letter – Same content as the 28/12/12 letter to spent2much here ->> allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - spent2much UE diary
                            24/01/13 Sent letter to Apex demanding they acknowledge misappropriation of my £1 and confirm that the transaction has been reversed.
                            30/01/13 SWID sent to Moorcroft.
                            02/02/13 rec'd Moorcroft 30/01/13 letter - "POSSIBLE FURTHER ACTION". As this crossed with my letter I am simply filing it.
                            (31/01/13 Apex letter - "Investigating your concerns ... will write to you again .....enc copy of our internal Complaint Procedure ...." 20/02/13 Argumentative final response from Apex, but enclosing refund of £1. I was not entirely happy, so sent Apex a further letter and finally got a letter with a satisfactory statement that the original £1 had been removed from the account.)
                            01/02/13 Moorcroft letter - " thank you ... letter requesting copy of the credit agreement. (No!) However under CCA74 you must pay £1 fee ... if you submit payment we will gladly process your request." They have returned with it my SWID letter of 30/01/13.
                            20/02/13 returned my SWID letter to Moorcroft, telling them to read it properly.
                            27/02/13 Moorcroft letter - "Communicating with client - meanwhile follow-up action suspended."
                            15/06/13 Moorcroft letter - " ... advised that this is for a bank account which does not have an executed agreement. Further to this sections 77 78 CCA74 do not apply as it is not a credit agreement"
                            28/06/13 letter to Moorcroft pointing that they have been misinformed, and the information given to a previous agent was also incorrect, and that I can prove if necessary that this does not relate to my current account, as they have alleged.
                            02/07/13 Moorcroft letter - "Communicating with our client ... follow-up action suspended."
                            12/08/13 Moorcroft letter - "POSSIBLE FURTHER ACTION"
                            20/08/13 letter to Moorcroft referring to previous correspondence, and their last letter.
                            28/08/13 Moorcroft letter - "Moorcroft no longer responsible for collection ..."
                            20/09/13 letter purporting to come from LTSB - "We've transferred your LTSB CURRENT ACCOUNT to Robinson Way ..."
                            25/09/13 'Nice' introductory letter from RobWay enclosing a financial statement form which I can complete and return with my payment offer.
                            (As if!) Three unanswered calls and a voicemail message from Robway since.
                            05/10/13 RobWay letter - "We are authorised to negotiate repayment of the balance outstanding ..... if you fail to pay or contact us .... continue to contact you by letter/phone or doorstep agent .... Please call us ....." - Ignored.
                            19/11/13 LTSB letter - " ......transferred your account to Westcot...... instructed Westcot to arrange collection ....."
                            - Filed.
                            01/12/13 Westcot letter - "Address verification ....... if we do not hear from you by 11/12/13 ...."
                            - Ignored.
                            08/12/13 Westcot letter - "Notice of Debt Collection ...... to avoid further action either pay up or contact us on ******* ...."
                            - Ignoring for now.
                            18/12/13 Westcot letter - "REMINDER NOTICE - ...Unless you contact us and agree repayment of £***** within the next 10 days .... This may lead to doorstep collector, or either us or our client taking legal action through the courts ......... PAYMENT DUE BEFORE: 1st January 2014."
                            28/12/13 sent SWID incorporating "no more calls" to Westcot.
                            28/12/13 (rec'd 3/1/14) Westcot letter - "Reduced Settlement Offer (no figures mentioned) ..... limited period, contact us by 7/1/14 to agree suitable settlement or offer will be withdrawn ....."
                            Update:
                            08/01/14 Westcot letter acknowledging dispute.
                            10/02/14 Lloyds letter thanking me for letting them know I have an issue with the account, which they will deal with asap.

12/02/14 Lloyds letter thanking me for contacting them with my complaint (I didn't) and enclosing a cheque for £100. I see no harm in cashing it as they say it is for expenses and inconvenience caused in the handling of my complaint.

They set out a brief history of events since my original CCA request, and go on to reiterate that CCA does not apply to current accounts (which they clearly still regard this as, though it is not).

They ask me to contact Westcot to discuss the o/s balance. They also ask me to come back to them (Lloyds) if I feel they have misunderstood my complaint, and have also enclosed details of FOS.

This is not a current a/c with an overdraft, however much they say it is, so my options appear to be - write and reiterate that they are mistaken /providing misinformation and repeat that I still await a copy of the signed agreement, of which I am certain that there was one; or send Lloyds a suitably tweaked Final Response UE no CCA; or await Westcot's next letter and respond with something appropriate.

As Lloyds are not pursuing this direct with me, I think the Final Response letter would not be appropriate to send to them, though I think I should probably respond to their letter, as silence might be construed as acquiesence. Reviewing the history – Apex initially applied my £1 CCA fee to the account. It has since been reversed and Apex eventually sent me a £1 cheque, following letters of complaint. In the circumstances perhaps I should incorporate a fresh CCA request and payment in my reply to Lloyds?

Does anybody have any different thoughts? TIA
                            Last edited by Still Waving; 15 March 2014, 20:11. Reason: typo.

Comment

Hi folks, an update.

Credit card 4 Mint/RBS. – Taken out during 90's (I think)
                              Balance approx. £8,750
                              DMP payments since then.
                              Being administered by lender/Moorcroft/Midas/Westcot/Regal

02/08/12 CCA 1974 request sent to RBS
                              15/08/12 Reply received from Mint re CCA request. They have returned my postal order, and the gist of their letter is"I am unable to deal with your request due to, (ticked as appropriate)
                              s78 request received, however this has been returned to you as we require your signature before we can proceed. Please sign your request for information and return ....."
                              29/08/12 sent CCA Request - Demand of Signature by Creditor letter to Mint/RBS.
                              05/09/12 RBS letter- "THIS IS A FINAL DEMAND FOR PAYMENT - We currently require (the full amount) from you. If we do not receive a payment within the next 14 days, the account will be sent to a debt collection agent. Even at this late stage ........ discuss a repayment programme"
                              15/09/12 sent RBS a brief letter reminding that CCA 1974 request is outstanding.
                              29/10/12 RBS letter - “Details have been passed to Moorcroft to act as collection agent.” - Ignored.
                              24/11/12 Moorcroft letter - “IMPORTANT INFORMATION – POSSIBLE FURTHER ACTION. …. please send your payment proposal ….. if not … recommend possible further debt recovery action. Contact us now …. in certain circumstances we may be able to offer a substantial discount ...” - Ignored.
                              11/12/12 Moorcroft letter - “Monthly Instalment Offer …... An illustration of the kind of figure ...£120 per month … clear balance in 73 months … failure to respond ... recommend taking further debt recovery action ...Do not ignore this letter.”

18/12/12 Sent Account Sold w i Dispute letter to Moorcroft
                              27/12/12 letter from Midas Credit Services - “WARNING OF POSSIBLE FURTHER ACTION - We are part of the Moorcroft Group ….. As no agreement has been reached we have been asked to review your account to consider the steps which may be taken ….. options include recommending one of the following: Continue our attempts to contact you by letter and phone; …. arrange to call at your home address; … referral for consideration by our Litigation Selection Team. To prevent … you must contact Moorcroft ….Failure to contact Moorcroft ….”
                              08/01/13 Letter to Midas CSreferring them to my letter to Moorcroft Debt Recovery dated 18/12/12.
                              09/01/13 Letter from MoorcroftHome Collections Division - “DISCOUNT OFFER - ….failed to make any payment to us ...passed to Home Collections Division for action. This may involve local rep calling at your home....
                              client has authorised us to consider a discounted settlement figure …Depending on your circumstances we may be able to offer you; A reduction of up to 20% subject to your personal circumstances ...Greater discounts may be available to you and can often vary, dependent on your personal circumstances ….The option of paying the agreed settlement figure over a period of up to 3 months subject to terms & conditions. …if no satisfactory arrangement made with us or our local representative … recommend to our client ...commence further recovery action.”
                              17/01/13 letter to Moorcroft reminding them that a/c SWID along with a Doorstep Visit letter.
                              17/01/13 Moorcroft letter (received 22/01/13) - “ Thank you for your recently received letter requesting a copy of your credit agreement( No!) … client has confirmed that you must put your request in writing to the following address ….”
                              28/02/13 sent letter in response to further follow up from Moorcroft, pointing out that I had already twice requested CCA info from RBS along with fee.
                              04/03/13 Moorcroft letter. They are communicating with client and meantime action will be suspended.Filed
                              12/03/13 Moorcroft letter - "Client advises that they have received your CCA request, however they have requested that you sign your request ......" As I had already sent a Demand of Signature by Creditor letter direct to RBS months ago - Filed.
                              17/05/13 Mint letter advising account now to Westcot as new collection agent. - Filed.
                              05/06/13 Westcot letter with red banner header. "Notice of debt collection ..... you must contact us ASAP .... failure to do so ...further recovery action." - Filed.
                              15/06/13 Westcot letter - "Final Notice ..... now confirmed that you are still resident .... unless you contact us in next 10 days .... further recovery action ..." - Filed.
                              25/06/13 Westcot letter - "Reduced Settlement Offer (no figure mentioned) .... limited period .... unless blah blah ... 10 days .... further recovery action will be taken." - Filed.Update:
                              10/07/13 Westcot letter - "The opportunity to take control of your outstanding balance ..... take control with repayments that you agree and that you can afford over a period of time ..... no further phone calls, letters etc etc ......" - Filed.
                              20/07/13 Westcot letter - "Doorstep Collection Notice .......... instructions will now be provided to Credit Security ...." - Filed.
                              30/07/13 Westcot letter - "Instructions have now been provided (doorstep collection visit) to our agent Credit Security ....." - Filed
                              31/07/13 Credit Security letter - "blah, blah .... within 10 days ... doorstep collector ...."
                              07/08/13 letter to Credit Securities - "Threat of Doorstep Visit (and btw, in dispute with RBS)".
                              16/08/13 Credit Security letter - referred back to clients for instruction.
                              06/12/13 Regal Credit Consultants letter - "Details passed to us by RBS ..... will contact you during next 7 days by letter and/or phone ......"
                              A few missed calls and voicemails from Regal Credit Consultants.
                              30/12/13 Regal CC letter - "As we have not been notified of any reason for non-payment, our client has instructed us to collect ... in full to avoid any further debt recovery action .... we will work with you .... arrangement that is affordable and sustainable ..... it is in your own interest to contact us to discuss this matter"
                              09/01/14 sent SWID letter to Regal CC.
                              23/01/14 letter received from Mint/RBS, shown in #333 above -Link - (sent to my old address) following my SWID letter sent to Regal Credit Consultants using my current address.
                              Update:
                              04/03/14 sent letter to Mint - a tweaked Niddy Special, telling them they are playing silly buggers, they still have my CCA request & fee, I'm not signing anything, they know who I am, and their agents have been writing to my current address with sensitive info for months.
                              07/03/14 Mint reply (sent to my current address) - identical to the last one except the paragraph relating to change of address has been cut.

In fact although they returned my original request and fee in 2012, I sent them back at the time, telling them that the letter stood as my dated request under CCA74, and they should retain it. They recently only sent back a photocopy letter without the fee.
                              I think that I shall refer them to my previous letter, my position is unchanged, and reminding them that they do still have the original request and fee.

It helps to pass the time.
                              Last edited by Still Waving; 26 March 2014, 22:44. Reason: link added

Comment

Hi folks. Two updates - here is the first:

Credit card 2 MBNA. – Taken out early 90's
                                Balance approx. £8,500
                                DMP payments since then.
                                Sold to Idem Capital securities Ltd (Paragon Personal Finance Ltd) by lender beginning of 2012

No responseuntil Idem letter 20/10/12We need to speak with you . We do not have an ongoing payment arrangement in place upon your account. As a consequence of this your account will be reviewed for placement with an external DCA within the next 7 days. …... Please contact us ...” Ignored.
                                Idem letter 6/11/12- “Your account will now be transferred to Arden CM …..”Ignored.
                                Arden letter 8/11/12- “We have been instructed …....”Ignored
                                12/11/12Idem statement of account Jan to Nov 2012 “In compliance with CCA 1974.”Ignored
                                22/11/12Arden letter “Failure to come to an acceptable arrangement with us could result in us taking further action … the options available to us are: Sending a rep to your address; Passing your account to our solicitors to obtain Judgment and seek enforcement action in line with your circumstances. The above actions have the potential of increasing your current balance”
                                28/11/12sent Sold while in Dispute letter, including a para re telephone harassment.
                                Arden letter dated 3/12/12- “We are writing to confirm that the present situation of non-payment on the above account is not acceptable. Blah, blah, blah …... Should you choose to do nothing we may take further action ….... this may include instructing an agent to attend your property ….. We may also initiate legal action.”
                                12/12/12sent brief acknowledgement referring to mySWID letter of 28/11/12.
                                06/12/12Idem letter (rec'd 14/12/12) enclosing response to CCA request of 02/08/12. Niddy says EN.

17/12/12-Arden FINAL DEMAND letter.
                                03/01/13Sent letter to Arden referring to my letters of 27/11 and 12/12, neither of which has been acknowledged in their subsequent correspondence.
                                11/01/13Arden letter - “ …. as we have not been able to make contact with you we believe it is necessary to appoint an external company “Resolvecall” to attend your property …. A fee for the visit may be charged to your account and may be subject to ongoing interest application. The maximum fee we are permitted to charge you will not exceed £100 but is likely to be less.
                                We hope at this stage …. but if we do not hear within 5 days of the date of this letter(sent 2nd class and received today)Resolvecall will schedule your account for a visit and a fee may be levied on completion.”
                                17/01/13sent a letter to Arden referring them to my SWID letter, and incorporating Doorstep Visit threat response.
                                28/01/13Received undated letter from Arden, a fairly soft template enclosing I&E form.Ignored.
                                24/01/13Arden letter (rec'd 31/01) , thanks me for my latest letter, and points out that a copy agreement was sent to me on 06/12/12, and asking if I have received it.(it was on Idem headed paper, but I have not responded directly to that letter). See Niddy's view above.
                                04/02/13Sent Arden a version of the Application Form Received letter.
                                Resolvecall letter 06/02/13- "Instructed by Arden... if you do not contact Arden this may lead to personal visit..."
                                08/02/13Idem letter(sent recorded delivery)re mine of 04/02. - "Whilst we note your comments we have supplied the appropriate documentation in response to Sec. 77/78 CCA 74 request .... provided by MBNA ... represents the agreement between debtor & creditor. We have fully complied..... deem debt enforceable."
                                12/02/13I sent Doorstep Threat response letters to Arden/Resolvecall.
                                Letter ping-pong with Resolvecall, ending with"... we are currently no longer dealing ..."
                                15/02/13An odd Arden letter - "Thank you for your recent offer of payment. (????).... Please supply I&E details....."
                                28/02/13 sent brief letter to Arden pointing out no offer made and this remains in dispute as per previous correspondence.

25/02/13Arden letter (rec'd 01/03) advising that their client Idem Servicing has instructed Freds to collect.
                                06/03/13Freds letter - "DO NOT IGNORE. IMMEDIATE PAYMENT REQUIRED. We are authorised .... to secure repayment of the debt."
                                15/03/13sent SWID to Freds.
                                13/03/13Freds letter (Rec'd 18/03/13) - "To avoid further action, contact within 7 days"As this crossed with my SWID, Filed.
                                21/03/13Freds letter - "Account placed on hold".Filed.
                                26/03/13Freds letter - "Client response indicates that debt details are correct ..... please telephone us within 7 days" Filed and await their next letter.
                                08/04/13 Freds letter - "We have been unable to make contact ..... we have the authority to set up a payment arrangement with you .... phone us within 7 days with repayment proposals."
                                15/04/13 Freds letter - ".... We are prepared to offer one final opportunity to pay. To avoid further debt recovery action, phone us within 48 hrs of receipt ..."
                                20/04/13 sent Freds a letter advising that I will only communicate in writing and incorporating a slightly amended version of the Application Form Received letter.
                                24/04/13 Freds letter - “Client confirms that CCA request complied with ….. payment proposals by 15/05 or collection activity may resume”

14/05/13 sent Freds a letter saying that regardless of what their client has advised, I still consider this in dispute as set out in my previous 2 letters.
                                23/05/13 Freds letter – Account on hold while they refer back to their client for instructions.
                                31/05/13 Freds letter - “Client confirms they wrote on xx/xx/13 advising that they had fully complied with CCA request and agreement remains enforceable. Payment proposals by 21/06 or collection may resume.”
                                24/06/13 sent Creditor Refusal to Accept UE letter.
                                26/06/13 Freds letter - “We reiterate our letters to you dated xx/xx/13 and xx/xx/13. (I have nothing from them under the first date, it is in fact the date of my letter sent to them in May.) Client confirms they wrote on xx/xx/13 advising that they had fully complied with CCA obligations and agreement remains enforceable. Clients position is that outstanding balance above is due. (This paragraph is identical to their last letter.) .. we confirm no further correspondence will be accepted or entered into in relation to the above matter.”
                                06/07/13 Letter to Freds stating that I had made my position clear in my previous letter, and the alleged debt remains in dispute.
                                12/11/13 Idem sent annual statement of account (no movement). - Filed.
                                07/12/13 Arden letter - "Due to non-payment Idem has instructed Mackenzie Hall ..... you will be contacted by them shortly .... If you do not wish MH to be instructed contact us directly on ******** within 5 days of the date of this letter ...." (received 16/12/13)
                                19/12/13 Mackenzie Hall letter (rec'd 27/12/13) - envelope marked URGENT - ".....we have been instructed to act on behalf of Idem to recover the above noted o/s balance. We are unaware of any valid/legitimate reason for non-payment .... We want to work with you to reach a mutually agreeable solution. Please arrange for payment to be made to this office within the next 7 days. (LOL!) If this is not possible please call us on ******* promptly, where our fully trained advisers will discuss alternative and affordable options ........" - Awaiting their next letter.
                                20/01/14 Mackenzie Hall letter - "FAILURE TO RESPOND - Despite previous correspondence blah blah ..... client unaware of any valid reason .... request payment within 10 days .... WE WANT TO HELP ... please contact us ...."
                                Update:
                                29/01/14 Sent SWID letter to Mackenzie Hall.
                                17/02/14 'Final Response' letter from Mackenzie Hall. Summary - " We did no wrong. However Idem have requested we return the account so they can deal with your concerns directly. MH will act no further in this matter."
                                Last edited by Still Waving; 7 October 2014, 14:33. Reason: typo.

Comment

Working...
                                X