GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Which Way to Go? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Way to Go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Which Way to Go?

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
    I would wait, it was capquest that got the solicitors involved to scare you, It has now been returned to Arrow, so wait and see who they send it to next xxx

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
    I would wait as well, NW is right, it was a wee scary tactic, I know you are going carefully but give it a month and see what happens, it's what I would do, and did in the past.
    Thanks for the replies Nightwatch and Mrs D.

I was looking for the Arrow address to send the CCA request to, and found that there wasn't any address on their NoA. So, looking on their website I saw a Manchester contact address for correspondence, and an address for complaints which is in the same building as Capquest. I then noticed that Capquest is part of the Arrow Group.

If it was Capquest who brought the solicitors in, they were pretty quick to return the account, as there is a mere 10 day gap between the date of the solicitor letter and the date of Capquest reply to the CCA request saying the account had been returned. The previous letter from Capquest was in May, so it could/might have been referred back at any time since then..

I haven't yet sent the letter, but am still very wary. I don't mind engaging with DCA's but really don't want it being dealt with by solicitors this early in AG's ownership.

Still 2 years to go before SB.
    Last edited by Still Waving; 16 August 2016, 16:40.

Comment

they might just have been pushing it to see if you'd bend and have now backed off......................

Comment

I agree with MrsD and would wait until you hear from Arrow Global again. Let us know when you do.
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks folks - I'll hold off sending the letter pro tem.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
            Thanks folks - I'll hold off sending the letter pro tem.

Off to the Loo are we? (Pro-tem)
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi again folks

Well today I received from Arrow - in respect of the other account they bought (£10k +) - a belated notification of Change of Agency, that Shoosmiths are managing the account from the beginning of August (bugger). This was also sent to my old address. I guess this is the one that the solicitors had written about. Chances are that they will also get the smaller account any time now.

Will wait for the solicitors to write to the correct address.

Comment

Hi again folks

Well today I received from Arrow - in respect of the other account they bought (£10k +) - a belated notification of Change of Agency, that Shoosmiths are managing the account from the beginning of August (bugger). This was also sent to my old address. I guess this is the one that the solicitors had written about. Chances are that they will also get the smaller account any time now.

Will wait for the solicitors to write to the correct address.
                Hi Folks
                Further to my recent posts:

Following the phishing letter from Shoosmiths sent to my old address, They have now sent two identical letters (to my old address) a couple of days apart, quoting the two account details and amounts which Arrow now own.

They say they are solicitors (get away) and have been instructed by Arrow to contact me to agree how the sum outstanding will be paid. They want me to contact them by phone (don't think so).

Their client may be prepared to accept a lump sum payment less than the full amount in the short term. Alternatively, their client is prepared to consider instalments, conditional on completion of an I&E form.

As they are writing to an address which is 4 years old - and there are no threats yet - I shall just file these.

Comment

Hi Folks
                  Further to my recent posts:

Following the phishing letter from Shoosmiths sent to my old address, They have now sent two identical letters (to my old address) a couple of days apart, quoting the two account details and amounts which Arrow now own.

They say they are solicitors (get away) and have been instructed by Arrow to contact me to agree how the sum outstanding will be paid. They want me to contact them by phone (don't think so).

Their client may be prepared to accept a lump sum payment less than the full amount in the short term. Alternatively, their client is prepared to consider instalments, conditional on completion of an I&E form.

As they are writing to an address which is 4 years old - and there are no threats yet - I shall just file these.
                  Hi folks
                  Update:

Further letter from Shoe-sh*t (again sent to old address), regarding the lesser amount. They note they haven't heard from me and again ask me to phone them. Proposals - they may be able to accept less than the balance o/s in settlement, or alternatively to agree regular instalments.

Then a paragraph in boldface - essentially saying if I don't contact them they may be instructed to issue court proceedings which will include a claim for costs. If a judgment is obtained, they may be instructed to enforce, possibly with a charging order or a deduction from earnings order (I'm retired and don't own a property).

They finish by once more asking me to phone them.

Despite these threats, I don't think this is a LBA (unless anyone thinks differently) so I think I can file this one for the time being. No doubt I will receive an identical letter next week regarding the other account.

Comment

Hi folks - an update:

Credit card 1 MBNA. – Taken out early 90's
                    Balance approx. £12,000
                    Last full monthly repayment May 2010
                    DMP payments following that.
                    Last DMP payment May 2012.
                    Soldby MBNA to Idem Capital securities Ltd beginning 2012.// Sold by Idem to Arrow Global end 2015.

02/08/12 CCA request sent.
                    01/09/12 Idem sent copy application. Niddy says EN.
                    However -
                    12/09/12
                    Missing Prescribed Terms letter sent.
                    23/10/12 Idem letter - “We need to speak with you – please contact us ...” No other comments. Ignored.

(Snip) ------------
                    From Oct 2012 to Dec 2014, extensive correspondence from (variously) Idem/Arden Credit Management/Mackenzie Hall/Robinson Way. Batted them all away using various template letters.
                    (For full history, see post 378).
                    -------------------
                    Update:

After a year's silence -
                    Jan 2016 - Notice of Assignment received (sent to current address) “Arrow Global purchased your account from Idem securities … please contact Capquest Debt Recovery ...”
                    Feb & March '16 – Two letters from Capquest (sent to old address). - Ignored.
                    Aug '16 – Letter from Arrow (sent to old address) - “Change of Agency – Shoosmiths will be managing account on behalf of Arrow ...” - Filed.
                    Aug '16 – Letter from Shoosmiths (sent to old address) - Their client may be prepared to accept a lump sum payment less than the full amount in the short term. Alternatively, their client is prepared to consider instalments, conditional on completion of an I&E form. - Filed.
                    Sept '16 – Letter from Shoosmiths (sent to old address) – includes a paragraph essentially saying if I don't contact them they may be instructed to issue court proceedings which will include a claim for costs. If a judgment is obtained, they may be instructed to enforce, possibly with a charging order or a deduction from earnings order(I'm retired and don't own a property). . - Filed.
                    Sept '16 – Letter from Shoosmiths (sent to old address) – see attached thumbnail.

Click image for larger version

Name:	S'smiths1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	1411462

In view of - “We will not contact you again to warn you that the proceedings will be issued.” - should I take this as a LBA? If so, I think I should send a CCA request to Arrow, and a LBA response to S'smiths, including that it has just come to my attention that they have been writing to an old address? Alternatively, a CCA request to Arrow with a copy to S'smiths?

As the CCA documentation originally supplied in 2012 was not UE, I don't want to have a claim issued through inaction on my part, even though they have not been writing to the correct address.

Any comments please?
                    Last edited by Still Waving; 25 September 2016, 13:18. Reason: jpeg added

Comment

I would get the CCA off quickly followed by the LBA response, I always believe in keeping hem talking...........................

Comment

Definitely x
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                          I would get the CCA off quickly followed by the LBA response, I always believe in keeping hem talking...........................
                          Thanks MrsD.

Arrow's NoA did not contain their address. I see that they have a mailing address in Manchester, and also a complaints department in Farnborough. As their agent has been writing to an old address, there is an element of complaint involved, so I'm thinking the CCA74 request should be sent to that department?

It should get initially looked at quicker that way.

Comment

go for it!

Comment

I have sent off a CCA74 request to Arrow's complaints dep't, including requiring them to stay further action by Shoosmiths, as it would be inappropriate in the circumstances.

I now want to send a LBA response to S'smiths. The long version doesn't fit the circumstances, so do you think that the version linked to in Niddy's post
                              http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?18936-Cabot&p=541854&viewfull=1#post541854

would be appropriate here?

Comment

New LBA Response - 2016 new short version to send stick to the routine on here no add ons?

Comment

Working...
                                X